I really think the standing and clapping hurts us sometimes... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I really think the standing and clapping hurts us sometimes...

Seriously, any students here? Can you guys organize the GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL when Fab scores?

Just clap until the first TV timeout...after that just pretend like they scored and sit down (nobody will notice). The team will be shamed by their inability to score a basket, and all the people that are too lazy to take one hand and smack the other hand with it while standing can sit down and stop burning so many of those dammed calories that they've been storing up for the winter.

How often is anyone standing THAT long? We could have scored earlier but Manhattan was growing increasingly obsessed with having their entire team foul out by the 10:00 mark of the second half. I assume their coach talked them out of it somewhere around the 12:00 mark.

yea the players don't notice or care about the standing and clapping:

"As the Orange came out of its huddle, Syracuse senior Kris Joseph whispered to his teammates, “I know these fans are ready to sit down.’’"

It was meant as far as it putting pressure on them. The pressure is to score. To win. Not to allow Frank and Sue from Cicero to sit down.

The idea of this thread (per first post) is that it adds pressure or causes forced or rushed shots which is ridiculous. If you want to break down what I said earlier word by word, fine. Here's what I mean- It does not cause forced shots or change how they play or add pressure. They know we do it. They care as it is a 'Cuse tradition. Its all in fun or to motivate.

If it did JB would have grabbed the mic and told us to "stop the bullshit" like he did in '85 a long time ago.

What did Jimmy say in 85? I was only 5, so it's new to me.

What did Jimmy say in 85? I was only 5, so it's new to me.

Whenever we whipped that orange at Ewing he grabbed the mic and told us to "stop the bullshit". '83 maybe? '84? idk.

What's iteresting was that he told the crowd to stop the bullshit after the free throws, which was in part, saying s***.

Since this thread was started, I'm now annoyed to watch the clapping. The fans look miserable having to stand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom