I said it last week | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I said it last week

We are better than Georgetown, Seton Hall, and Rutgers fro sure. UConn and Nova not so much. Historically they are better. There are better recently and currently. SU will always be a Top 25 job. But the days of it being a Top 10 job have gone away.

UConn hasn't done anything in March since their 2014 run. We still are more flush, more resourced, etc.

We are better than Georgetown, Seton Hall, and Rutgers fro sure. UConn and Nova not so much. Historically they are better. There are better recently and currently. SU will always be a Top 25 job. But the days of it being a Top 10 job have gone away.
Incredibly arguable.

How am I wrong? Both teams have beaten us head-to-head. Both teams have better records.

Use the evidence man.
Cool. We beat Indiana and Florida State head to head. Beat UNC last year. We’re a better program than all of them right? Booted WVU from the tourney. We’re better.

Also, not like you remember or care because it doesn’t fit the narrative, but we did beat Georgetown last year.

And I wasn’t wrong. Gtown he beaten us head to head the last few years. UConn and seton hall in the top 25. Rutgers beat us last year.

We are their little brothers now…I was called out but wasn’t wrong. This is a bad loss. A team that loss to Dartmouth…We lost to Colgate.

This is a poor constructed basketball team. And the rotations do not help from the head coach.
Mazel tov.

And I wasn’t wrong. Gtown he beaten us head to head the last few years. UConn and seton hall in the top 25. Rutgers beat us last year.

We are their little brothers now…I was called out but wasn’t wrong. This is a bad loss. A team that loss to Dartmouth…We lost to Colgate.

This is a poor constructed basketball team. And the rotations do not help from the head coach.

You’re one of those people that think a hot day in October confirms global warming and a cool day in June disproves it, aren’t you?

We are at the equivalent stage right as the late Pasqualoni years. In a couple years people are going to be looking around and say “what happened ?”

There's a difference between the current quality of a basketball team and the health of a program. If OP is talking about who has the better basketball court on the floor and scoreboard at the end of the night, I don't think he's wrong. The results prove it, they beat us.

If he's talking about big picture, program strength, prestige, power, then yes, it's an overreaction. The thing is, if you let the former suffer too long, it will most assuredly start affecting the latter.

There's a difference between the current quality of a basketball team and the health of a program. If OP is talking about who has the better basketball court on the floor and scoreboard at the end of the night, I don't think he's wrong. The results prove it, they beat us.

If he's talking about big picture, program strength, prestige, power, then yes, it's an overreaction. The thing is, if you let the former suffer too long, it will most assuredly start affecting the latter.
Your beloved Michigan didn’t make the tournament for 10 seasons in the late 90’s and 2000’s under Brian Ellerbe And Tommy Amaker. It sure hurt them based on your analysis.

Incredibly arguable.
Yeah 100% - painting with broad strokes is always a dangerous exercise

What one could argue to be true
-Jim Calhoun was a better coach that JB while at UCONN (one losing season, 3 titles, same winning %)
-Villanova is a better team than Cuse since Jay Wright took over
-Rutgers, UCONN, G-town and Nova could be better than Cuse this year

I actually agree Cuse may have dropped to a Top 25 job

Otherwise way too much recently bias and ignoring some data. For example - UCONN, Rutgers and Georgetown haven't finished a season ranked in the past 5+ years, and have endured several losing seasons along the way. Even NOVA had some stinker years under Rollie and Lappas. And besides the Cinderella title, were known to underperform in NCAA

Yeah 100% - painting with broad strokes is always a dangerous exercise

What one could argue to be true
-Jim Calhoun was a better coach that JB while at UCONN (one losing season, 3 titles, same winning %)
-Villanova is a better team than Cuse since Jay Wright took over
-Rutgers, UCONN, G-town and Nova could be better than Cuse this year

I actually agree Cuse may have dropped to a Top 25 job

Otherwise way too much recently bias and ignoring some data. For example - UCONN, Rutgers and Georgetown haven't finished a season ranked in the past 5+ years, and have endured several losing seasons along the way. Even NOVA had some stinker years under Rollie and Lappas. And besides the Cinderella title, were known to underperform in NCAA
The biggest difference between us and UConn is when they got to the FF they won the entire thing every time, but one.

Rutgers is 6-7. I'm not sure why our fans even mention them. It's pathetic and makes anyone who mentions them in the same breath as the other schools look incredibly stupid.

Georgetown has been garbage(a lot worse than us) for 10 years.

Villanova is the prime basketball program in the NE right now. It definitely coincided with UConn, Syracuse and Georgetown all taking a step back.

I think the biggest problem with trying to rank us vs Gtn, UConn, Seton Hall, and Rutgers is thinking there is a meaningful way to do so. The basic point is, we're all pretty much irrelevant. We're all in the same pot, and it doesn't much matter in a pot of gumbo whether the bay leaf is on top of the sausage or the sausage is on top of the chicken.

If we're 'better,' because we had more prestige and had it more recently than the other teams, that's fine. For fans. But, it's a moot point in terms of attracting high school talent now. At some point, recruits aren't looking at what you did five years ago, or a head coach's total number of wins, or the old, fat, and gray alums in the stands for one or two games per year. They're looking at top 10 and top 25 rankings, who teams are playing on tv, how often they're on tv, whether the coach seems to be a good/smart/reasonable/fair dude, whether they like the team's image, playing style, and positional fit, alums playing prominent roles in the NBA, and relationships they might have with positional coaches.

"If you don't like change , you're going to like irrelevance even less "

We are at the equivalent stage right as the late Pasqualoni years. In a couple years people are going to be looking around and say “what happened ?”
I mean I'd take that if we can get the equivalent of the 2001 team that went 10-3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom