I still think we can win 6. They are there with the | Syracusefan.com

I still think we can win 6. They are there with the

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Games remaining.. Win the next 2 is the start. Nassib has played a handful of good games in 3 years and a handful of miserable games, we just need him to play average and quit turning the ball over So much. Yesterday was atrocious. People bitching about the 3rd and 12 call are nuts, IMO. When your d is playing well field goals matter. Rutgers is a pretty good team and they playedvtheir game yesterday, people here were adamant that nw stunk 7 weeks ago, well they are 6-1

Games remaining.. Win the next 2 is the start. Nassib has played a handful of good games in 3 years and a handful of miserable games, we just need him to play average and quit turning the ball over So much. Yesterday was atrocious. People bitching about the 3rd and 12 call are nuts, IMO. When your d is playing well field goals matter

At this point, for me, it's just too hard to think we can get thru a game without the backbreaking mistakes that will hurt us on the scoreboard. If the mistakes were in one area, maybe I'd believe we could fix. But they're all over the place. And the staff has put such a focus on fixing them in practice that I think at this point it's way too far inside the players' heads.

Win 2 games? Maybe. Win 4? I just don't see it.

Our history of how we finish each year is working against us too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

At this point, for me, it's just too hard to think we can get thru a game without the backbreaking mistakes that will hurt us on the scoreboard. If the mistakes were in one area, maybe I'd believe we could fix. But they're all over the place. And the staff has put such a focus on fixing them in practice that I think at this point it's way too far inside the players' heads.

Win 2 games? Maybe. Win 4? I just don't see it.

Rutgers always does that to us, don't know why people are surprised by it. Uconn and usf are very winnable if nassib manages to not turn it over 5 times, I will give him 1 int and one fumble per game, still think we can win both. I think we will win both. I did not think we would win yesterday they way rutgers has been playing, people here will always believe that rutgers is no good because that is what they do

Given that our losses are through us beating ourselves, yes, I still have some hope that one day, we will overcome this. I hope that I'm right about this and that it will in fact happen. Otherwise, we may have to let our football go for the year and move on. With this would come a new head coach.

I don't necessarily disagree but the bigger picture for me is that 6 wins per year should be the exception, not the rule. This staff is not going to put the program in a position to win 8-9 games a year consistently let alone 6.

I just have a hard time recalling any team going from committing a consistent amount of poor/What plays or penalties to not so quickly.

Players can have slumps and emerge out. Teams that suffer from executionitis don't tend to have it click. Plus Marrone's teams have a GRobian record after October 15th.

If only there was a WouddaCouddaShoudda Bowl.

Can't see us winning 6-going into yesterday's game, i thought that was the last make-or-break game for us. Still feel the same. Kudos to the Defense, but the rest of the team continually finds ways to lose games.

I'm violating my self imposed black out to comment. Thanks for sucking me back in

I don't see 4 more wins from this team. We've proven we cannot stop the ridiculous drive-killing mistakes and penalties. I'm afraid this is as good as it gets ( and that not a good thing).

As I hard-core fan I have no idea what to think. I can only imagine what is going through the minds of the fair weathers we need to make the dome look semi full.

i still can see at least six wins,the fundamentals are there,the will and pride appears to be solid.it's just the timely mistakes are killing us.

Maybe we have a 1986 situation where they finished strong and won 4 of the last 6 under Mac. I just don't think they have the discipline or consistency to string together a winning streak this year.

i still can see at least six wins,the fundamentals are there,the will and pride appears to be solid.it's just the timely mistakes are killing us.

Agree, my problem is that we seem incapable of eliminating mistakes. Therefore my optimism has waned.

Games remaining.. Win the next 2 is the start. Nassib has played a handful of good games in 3 years and a handful of miserable games, we just need him to play average and quit turning the ball over So much. Yesterday was atrocious. People bitching about the 3rd and 12 call are nuts, IMO. When your d is playing well field goals matter. Rutgers is a pretty good team and they playedvtheir game yesterday, people here were adamant that nw stunk 7 weeks ago, well they are 6-1

Whatever you are smoking, I would like some.

Agree, my problem is that we seem incapable of eliminating mistakes. Therefore my optimism has waned.

Yeah I know,but I think Marrone as at the point where younger players might get the opportunity if they keep happening. Just the tone of his disgust when talking about this issue in his presser leads me to believe that might be the case

I think that SF, UCON, and temple are excellent opportunities for wins. So to me that puts us at 5 wins. That said we need to beat eeither Cincy, Louisville or Mizzou. We need steal one from one of those teams and that might be tough.

Let's face it the schedule we have faced up to this point has been very tough. The win/loss record of our foes is outrageous I doubt anyone in the country has played teams with a higher winning percentage. We still have to play two more undefeated teams.

There's no reason we can't beat UConn and Temple. Unless the turnover fairy pays us another visit.

USF and Mizzou are beatable. Maybe we can split those.

Cinci and Louisville aren't happening.

I think that SF, UCON, and temple are excellent opportunities for wins. So to me that puts us at 5 wins. That said we need to beat eeither Cincy, Louisville or Mizzou. We need steal one from one of those teams and that might be tough.

Let's face it the schedule we have faced up to this point has been very tough. The win/loss record of our foes is outrageous I doubt anyone in the country has played teams with a higher winning percentage. We still have to play two more undefeated teams.
If you think our schedule has been tough, then go look at Mizzou's. It will be interesting to see who is the more beat down, demoralized team when we travel to Columbia.

I think CIL found himself a drinking buddy :)

it starts this week we should be able to beat uconn by 10-14 points unless we have 4 turnovers and block fg returned for 6. none of the remaining games are unwinnable as talent is pretty close to even in all of them. if we were 3-3 id love our chances to make 6 wins. 5-7 could make a bowl this year as well
uconn
south florida
temple
cincinnati
missouri
louisville

is the order for me on easiest to win vs hard

Playing an OOC of 2 Big 10 schools, a PAC 12 school and an SEC school is nuts. Swap in a Buffalo and someone else for two of those and we'd be in much better position.

This team has a way of making big mistakes at crucial points, and not getting a favorable bounce of the ball - see the bad fumble calls yesterday.

Let's hope mizzou is beat down when we play them. That could be our sixth win. It's not like last year where the team has been playing poorly. It's been just a few plays eAch game that have made the difference and they've all been close games. Vthe defense has been awesome lately so they can keep us I every game we play. It all ones down to Nassib. If he stops being a turnover machine we will be ok

There's no reason we can't beat UConn and Temple. Unless the turnover fairy pays us another visit.

The turnovers are not just bad luck or some freak thing. It has been a constant problem the last two years and until it is actually addressed the excruciating losses will continue.

it starts this week we should be able to beat uconn by 10-14 points unless we have 4 turnovers and block fg returned for 6. none of the remaining games are unwinnable as talent is pretty close to even in all of them. if we were 3-3 id love our chances to make 6 wins. 5-7 could make a bowl this year as well
uconn
south florida
temple
cincinnati
missouri
louisville

is the order for me on easiest to win vs hard

mizzou has to move way up. they are a beaten team by the beast known as the SEC. you know what has to stop? the excuses. I have to do a better job. Yes, you do. So do your assistants. So do your players. Talent, which was a definite issue at the end of the he who shall not be named era, was an issue. So was effort. Those two aspects have been corrected.

I sure hope you're right, but yesterday was very discouraging. It really seems we have the necessary parts, the players seemed motivated, and we knew what Rutgers was going to do. We've lost 3 games we could have won and don't seem to be able to take charge of a game, even the two we've won. We've talked about stupid mistakes since game 1 and yesterday was perhaps our worst game in that regard. Wins over UConn and USF seem possible, but we're struggling as much as anyone on the rest of our schedule. Can we put it together enough to win 4 our our last 6 games? I sure hope you're right but even hope requires something in which to believe.

Well said IB. Complete agreement. I normally like to break the seasons into 3 or 4 game mini seasons and before the Pitt game, I thought we needed to win 3 of the 4. Despite yesterday's loss, I still feel good about achieving that with Uconn and USF coming up. That gets us to 4-4 and then let's see us steal one of Cincy, Louisville, or Mizzou to set up a bowl game on Black Friday in Philly.

Yesterday was frustrating, but I can't say it was completely unexpected. People are calling for the coaches head after a road loss to a 7 point fave. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, especially seeing that we have 6 games left, all of which are winnable.

We're in these games, and many times have looked like the better team. It's little consolation to most but to me, I see a team that is right on the doorstep. And the defense has also emerged the last couple of weeks. Hopefully the mood around here improves a bit after we bitchslap Uconn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom