I think it's worth noting... | Syracusefan.com

I think it's worth noting...

Scooch

Living Legend
... that we now live in a world where OrangePA is questioning play calling and GoSU96 is questioning coach's competence.

Day is night, up is down, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria.

I kid, I kid.

:D

... that we now live in a world where OrangePA is questioning play calling and GoSU96 is questioning coach's competence.

I kid, I kid.

End times

It was a extremely disappointing defensive performance ( secondary in particular ) Not that Clemson scored , but the ease of each of those early drives, really bad day for the program with near 50 k there and a bunch of recruits....i felt like sobbing:(

I kid, I kid.

I never had any problem questioning Robinson's competence or play calling. :p

And no one should take the above to mean that I'm equating Shafer and crew to Gerg and his bad of thieves.

I've noticed that we have serious role reversals with every coaching change. The pro-coach crowd of the out going coach becomes the coach-must-go crowd for the incoming and vice versa.

I kid, I kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

I've noticed that we have serious role reversals with every coaching change. The pro-coach crowd of the out going coach becomes the coach-must-go crowd for the incoming and vice versa.

-

What's that based on? All I see are the same never happy people leaning towards a coach must go attitude.

I kid, I kid.

Does this mean that the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man will be marching down Marshall Street wreaking havoc in Orange?

You raise legit points but what can we say? Shafer is doing OK for a first year HC and his DC's need to step it up. The Offense needs to stay up tempo and aggressive and the D must do the same. The remaining issues will only be resolved via recruiting and that has improved vastly over the last 5 years, but we have a ways to go.

I concede the point that I am armchair coaching form 1,700 miles away, so take what I say with that in mind.

I never had any problem questioning Robinson's competence or play calling. :p

And no one should take the above to mean that I'm equating Shafer and crew to Gerg and his bad of thieves.

True.

And yeah, I doubt it's possible to see coaching that inept twice in one person's lifetime.

Pro-p
Anti-GROB
Pro-Marrone
Closet anti-Schafer

Come on, that doesn't sound familiar to you? ;)

It's not any one poster... There's a handful of prominent posters that could track to the above or it's exact opposite.

What's that based on? All I see are the same never happy people leaning towards a coach must go attitude.

Even though there is a crowd that thinks every one of our recruits the past 4 years were going to be great because Marrone wanted them or we offered at camp, we're seeing why our 2 and 3 star recruits were 2 and 3 stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro-p
Anti-GROB
Pro-Marrone
Closet anti-Schafer

It's not any one poster... There's a handful of prominent posters that could track to the above or it's exact opposite.

-

Other than the anti-Shafer bit that would be a person with good sense.

Even though there is a crowd that thinks every one of our recruits the past 4 years were going to be great because Marrone wanted them or we offered at camp, we're seeing why our 2 and 3 star recruits were 2 and 3 stars.

What crowd is that?

I kid, I kid.

That's a big Twinkie...

"I agree with both, I should add."

Day is day again.

Does this mean that the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man will be marching down Marshall Street wreaking havoc in Orange?
Careful what you say about Laurie.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

i think that last game shows that the star system is alive and well as bad as people don't want to accept it.

i think that last game shows that the star system is alive and well as bad as people don't want to accept it.

That was my basic point. We want all our recruits to be great and it's a fact many 2 and 3 star guys become stars and 4/5 guys flop. But I'll take a roster of 4/5 over 2/3 all day long. Seems like the past. 4 years though some people overrated our recruits just because he was an SU recruit. Especially the "camp kids".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my basic point. We want all our recruits to be great and it's a fact many 2 and 3 star guys become stars and 4/5 guys flop. But I'll take a roster of 4/5 over 2/3 all day long. Seems like the past. 4 years though some people overrated our recruits just because he was an SU recruit. Especially the "camp kids".

Yep . Over a small sample size their will be busts like we have had, and the opposite can be said for 2 stars becoming 1st rounders. But I'll take the school that gets six or seven 4 stars all day. Did you see the size of Clemsons LBers and DBs, plus they were still faster then our roster. That's the difference . AJ Long can say all our recruits would be 5 star recruits if they were bigger...well thas the reason they are 4 and 5 star recruits.

-
Not so in all cases. I was pro-Marrone and wished him the best (unlike a lot of other posters here) on his move down the Thruway. And I have been avid supporter of Shafer since day 1. There are more like me than you would like to believe.

Pro-p
Anti-GROB
Pro-Marrone
Closet anti-Schafer

-

Who was pro grob? I didn't know such a thing existed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Who was pro grob? I didn't know such a thing existed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
you can't spell gerg lee robinson without rrlbees.

(i have no idea what his middle name is. neither does gerg)