I wonder if Grier sits out bowl? | Syracusefan.com

I wonder if Grier sits out bowl?

Timonen

All Conference
We’ve missed this trend sitting on the sideline the past few years but a number of high picks have skipped their bowl games to stay healthy before the draft.

No idea how likely, but somebody like Grier could choose to skip a meaningless bowl game.

We’ve missed this trend sitting on the sideline the past few years but a number of high picks have skipped their bowl games to stay healthy before the draft.

No idea how likely, but somebody like Grier could choose to skip a meaningless bowl game.
He might consider that option if he watches what we did to Geno Smith in the Pin Strip Bowl.

Grier seems to be the type kid that has fun playing the game and would play in the bowl game
So do McCaffrey and Fournette but it’s business at this point and wvu isn’t playing for anything.

So do McCaffrey and Fournette but it’s business at this point and wvu isn’t playing for anything.
RB is waaaay different then QB you get maybe 4 solid years in the NFL as a RB
You could be right and we see 10-15 high level kids sit out this year, just something about the things I've seen with Grier lead me to believe he will play

RB is waaaay different then QB you get maybe 4 solid years in the NFL as a RB
You could be right and we see 10-15 high level kids sit out this year, just something about the things I've seen with Grier lead me to believe he will play

I agree, but UCF QB has to be on players' minds.

Grier seems to be the type kid that has fun playing the game and would play in the bowl game

I agree, really like the kid and it seems as though rbs are the most apt to sit out a bowl.

We haven't seen many QBs sit out as I recall. It's such a critical position that a QB may feel he's letting his team down to sit out a bowl game.

We haven't seen many QBs sit out as I recall. It's such a critical position that a QB may feel he's letting his team down to sit out a bowl game.

EDIT: The one I do recall is Rosen of UCLA. They said it was concussion protocol in order to cover for him - he could have easily played in their bowl game last year.

Kid strikes me as the type that would never sit out but after that Milton injury who knows.

Grier is also married with a kid. Might be looking at setting up his family also financially which sitting out the bowl could help.

After that gnarly finger injury he sustained last year, I wouldn't blame him one bit for sitting out the bowl game.

usatsi-10420493-220956-lowres.jpg

He would be smart to sit out. Alton and the boys will have him chewing dirt.

Grier and the kid from Wake are close friends with tons of family connections. We broke his leg.

Either Grier looks at that and wants to light us up for revenge or he stays away because he likes his limbs working