Id like to ask a real basketball question | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Id like to ask a real basketball question

i believe that our set OOB play is called "pass it into the sideline trap".
jb draws it up thus:

mousetrap.gif

Another q: but did Ennis shoot a layup off the backboard in the first few poss? It looked like a block at first the it looked like he just shot it off the side of the backboard.

I thought it was the side of the backboard as well. A doomed possession which was milked to the end of the shot clock and that was the result.

SoBeCuse said:
I thought it was the side of the backboard as well. A doomed possession which was milked to the end of the shot clock and that was the result.
From the angle he was at it seems hitting the side of the backboard was harder than the rim

What the hell are we doing on our inbounds plays under the opponents baskets?
Good one. Here's another...why do we always allow the opponent to in bound the ball to their best FT shooter? Other teams deny it at least 50% of the time. Been that way for 30 years.

We've basically run the same inbounds play all season. It worked earlier in the year, but teams know what's coming. We have Cooney, Ennis or CJ circling around a double screen toward the corner and a guard that flashed back out toward midcourt. That's it. Nothing that remotely resembles a screen or cut to the basket. No misdirection, nothing. It's the same thing with our overall offense. JB keeps running the same stuff over and over this year, and teams have adjusted to it. It's getting tough to watch our offense, with the very little movement and especially ball movement. Every other game I watch, I see kids cutting and moving all over the place, big cuts moving around and the ball moving. Sure, that doesn't necessarily cause or ensure success, but neither is what we're currently doing...

By all season, you mean as long as I can remember. A couple of my friends and I always joke..."OK, we've got the ball out of bounds under our opponents basket, run THE PLAY." Because that's all we seemingly do.

I'll see your real basketball question and raise you one...

Why in the world are we all of a sudden getting so many shots blocked? It seems like the only person that can venture into the lane and get off a clean shot is CJ, and even he got sent packing a couple of times tonight.
Because BMK can only jump off his left leg, G is too short to be a post player and Rak is too timid right now. Oh, and JG isn't playing.

Shot fakes help. We don't use them.

We need to tell trevor that when he holds the ball just off the grown and swings it from one side to another that's not the same as a shot fake.

OttoMets said:
I'm more comfortable when Fair's the inbounder. Cooney, like Triche, seems shaky (not in the good way).

You mean under the basket and nobody moves just trying to muscle their way through the defense so Cooney throws it in after 4.5 seconds to the safety valves?

Remember early in the season when Cooney would inbound the ball and then cut and receive a pass back for a nice shot from the corner? I haven't seen that play attempted in forever.

Trevor hit some dagger 3s off that play early in the season. In fairness to everyone, I believe Grant was the one who'd receive the inbounds pass and then pass it to Trevor so that obviously hasn't been an option recently. Although, couldn't someone else do what Grant did?

You mean under the basket and nobody moves just trying to muscle their way through the defense so Cooney throws it in after 4.5 seconds to the safety valves?

Yeah, that one.

And, while I honestly think we've gotten the short end of the officiating for three weeks and counting, the refs have been pretty liberal with the five-second count. Cooney's taking forever to find someone open.

OttoMets said:
Yeah, that one. And, while I honestly think we've gotten the short end of the officiating for three weeks and counting, the refs have been pretty liberal with the five-second count. Cooney's taking forever to find someone open.

Last night there was never anyone open. At the last split second he's just lobbing it into CJ and barely getting it there. One was almost tipped away. We ran the same set every out of bounds there and everyone is jammed up inside or just covered. There's no spacing either as every player is within 10-15 feet of Cooney.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom