I'd like to make something clear | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I'd like to make something clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this turns out to be false, it is a real tragedy that Coach Fine was caught in this meat grinder. But that's the business.

Nice attitude. "Shucks, ruined a man's reputation. Gotta try harder next time. Say, what's for lunch?..."

You really are a schmuck.

Because it was obvious. You were/are coming off like Capt. Journalist. I think we get it...some book in your classes says 2 sources = a story.

You mentioned the Binghamton story...Why don't you ask Pete Thamel how many sources he had before he felt comfortable going forward with it. ...and that was just about a basketball program. This is about labeling someone as a PEDOPHILE for life.

Ah, yes. Of course. I drop in the education and I automatically know nothing about the business. I produced newscasts for two years, my friend, before I went back to grad school.

I can tell you this. Many things hit the public eye with less source material. And if information comes from the mouth of a person who was there, we take it as credible. It's just the way the business works. Don't like it? It's reality.

Nice attitude. "Shucks, ruined a man's reputation. Gotta try harder next time. Say, what's for lunch?..."

You really are a schmuck.

Why? Because I'm telling you the truth?

Ah, yes. Of course. I drop in the education and I automatically know nothing about the business. I produced newscasts for two years, my friend, before I went back to grad school.

I can tell you this. Many things hit the public eye with less source material. And if information comes from the mouth of a person who was there, we take it as credible. It's just the way the business works. Don't like it? It's reality.

YNN Newscasts? SERIOUSLY? You are bragging about that? What you make? 25K?

If this turns out to be false, it is a real tragedy that Coach Fine was caught in this meat grinder. But that's the business.

I have read all this, and this is the most bizarre, heartless thing said in it.

You take the position of saying a bunch of message board meatheads are defending a reporter just bringing facts to light about child molestation.

Then you say the above line.

IT IS NOT THE BUSINESS. Just because they are a person of power doesn't mean you can just say whatever you want, ruin their lives, etc.

I mean, we saw a false story come out with the point shaving scandal... That reporter got fired.

I can't believe that you think it is the business and, if false, you think Schwartz is okay because he just reported the facts as he knew them.

If it is false, Schwartz is going to be fired, likely unhirable and sued for libel. All there is to it. If it is true, Fine and JB at least are going to be fired and unhirable, if not serving jail time.

THAT is the business.

I think the issue that a lot of people are having with your argument is the use of the word "credible." Have you seen that OTL report? Would you label those two as "credible", given the grave consequences if you're wrong? Seems like an enormous risk to stake your reputation on them at this particular point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom