If Battle comes back next year.. | Syracusefan.com

If Battle comes back next year..

I never understood why it seems other programs get their star players to come back but we don’t. I literally can’t remember when our star player came back for another year. Fair wasn’t considered a legit lottery player and he was the only one in recent memory that came back after even thinking about leaving.

Any time a cuse players smells first round they gone. What does that say about us ? It’s frustrsting always waitng for the big year when a big piece bolts for the nba

Next year we would be stacked. Never has our team been ranked top 5 preseason

I never understood why it seems other programs get their star players to come back but we don’t. I literally can’t remember when our star player came back for another year. Fair wasn’t considered a legit lottery player and he was the only one in recent memory that came back after even thinking about leaving.

Any time a cuse players smells first round they gone. What does that say about us ? It’s frustrsting always waitng for the big year when a big piece bolts for the nba
Other programs (and even SU) get their star players to come back when they are not legitimate NBA talents who project to go in the first round. Save yourself some anguish and forget about Battle returning next season.

"What does this say about us?" It says SU regularly recruits and develops many players who are valued by NBA teams.

Last edited:

Literally one year ago Lydon came back

I don't think he is staying either but if he ever wanted a championship it could be next year. We should wait till end of year cause if Battle has a great and fun year he may look next year and say what the he-- and comeback. Highly unlikely but I'm a positive person cause that team would be sick.

We sure Battle is a sure fire first rounder this year? I am not. If he's not grading out as a no brainer first rounder, it may make sense to come back. The following year will be an odd one b/c it may be year one of hs kids getting drafted again and college kids having to wait 2 full years.

We sure Battle is a sure fire first rounder this year? I am not. If he's not grading out as a no brainer first rounder, it may make sense to come back. The following year will be an odd one b/c it may be year one of hs kids getting drafted again and college kids having to wait 2 full years.
I think the question is if he thinks he's a first rounder.

Friend of mine is a trainer and worked Battle out a bit this summer. Apparently it's common knowledge that he's going to the NBA after this season.

FWIW, he also worked with Jalen Carey. Said he's good now, but when he gets in the weight room, he's going to be amazing.

I saw a post on the Maryland board where they expressed the same thing about their program.

UNC is the one that always seems to have their guys back.

Last edited: