If Battle comes back next year.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If Battle comes back next year..

UNC is the one that always seems to have their guys back.
That's because they'd probably take a pay cut to go to the NBA if they're not top -10. Plus, as an added bonus, fake classes.

I'd be slightly concerned about Brissett being one-and-done. Just saying, he's athletic as hell, has size, and a nose for the ball. If he starts shooting at a good clip, he's as good as gone.

I saw I post on the Maryland board where they expressed the same thing about their program.

UNC is the one that always seems to have their guys back.

Exactly. Let's not act like we're the only program with guys who leave early.

Battle is so gone it's like time travel.

Brisset will most likely be gone too. By March he will be on everyone's radars.

I wanted to be incredulous...but I can see that happening. :(

Literally one year ago Lydon came back

Lydon was not considered a first round lock nor was he a college star. I am talking about big time players that come back when they could have been 1st rounders.

I can: John Wallace. Tyler Lydon. Derrick Coleman. You're suffering from recency bias, but your point has some salience.

Again, Lydon wasn't a lock for a 1st round pick. Also, Wallace and Coleman were years ago. Times have changed. I am asking why SU cant get at least one big time player to come back to win a championship. Look at those Florida teams or any recent UNC team. Or Duke with Grayson Allen. How many SU teams would have won a championship if we had one big piece skip NBA for a year?

Battle already experienced an injury scare this season, I don't think he'll jeopardize a 7 figure paycheck for a chance to win a college basketball title next season.
The good news is that we should be getting his little brother!

Again, Lydon wasn't a lock for a 1st round pick. Also, Wallace and Coleman were years ago. Times have changed. I am asking why SU cant get at least one big time player to come back to win a championship. Look at those Florida teams or any recent UNC team. Or Duke with Grayson Allen. How many SU teams would have won a championship if we had one big piece skip NBA for a year?

Question: "... why SU can't get at least one big time player to come back to win a championship."

Answer: "Millions of Dollars".

Next question?

Ahhh already one of these threads after 6 games. Just enjoy the season and let it play out. Most of these kids dream of playing in the NBA and making money. No idea why some get so bent out of shape (see Lydon, Ennis, and Grant) when a kid decides to enter the NBA draft as an underclassmen when certain SU fans feel they are not ready. It's nobody's decision but his and his family.

Grayson Allen should have left Duke after his freshman season as that is when his stock was highest. Now the scouts have a couple years of evidence to see his weaknesses. What stars stayed at UNC after their recent Championship? Justin Jackson didn't? Joel Berry wasn't getting drafted or was a late pick.

I understand the selfish side as a fan but this is their life to live and why should they jeopardize their future to come back to school?

Literally one year ago Lydon came back

Lydon was a Soph when he left early.
Dion was a Soph when he left early.
Jerami was a Soph when he left early.
MCW was a Soph when he left early.

Battle is a Soph. I'll give you one guess as to what is going to happen... :rolleyes:

Pretty much the only way Battle comes back, is if he gets injured.
NOBODY wants that to happen.

He gone. Enjoy his last season in Orange.

Staff is already aware Battle will be gone. Also preparing for OB declaring and Marek going pro (Europe). If either OB or Marek come back we are a top 10 team. Bazley is that good. Frank will be a top guard in the ACC and they love Hughes. He will be our 3rd guard. Maybe starter... if he can beat out Carey.

Lydon was not considered a first round lock nor was he a college star. I am talking about big time players that come back when they could have been 1st rounders.

Name these big time players that come back.

I can think of like 10 at most over the past 5-10 years.

Top 5 preseason ranking

Howard
Battle
Brisset
Baz
Sidibe

Bench-
Carey
Hughes
Chukwu
Marek

Don’t play
Washington
Moyer
Boeheim

This is the team to give JB his 3rd championship

Fixed

We sure Battle is a sure fire first rounder this year? I am not. If he's not grading out as a no brainer first rounder, it may make sense to come back. The following year will be an odd one b/c it may be year one of hs kids getting drafted again and college kids having to wait 2 full years.

He has everything you could want for a 2G - athletic, can dribble, strong, size, can drive, shoot and plays defense - he literally doesn't have anything to question - this ain't Lydon who had a lot of flaws and no real position

I never understood why it seems other programs get their star players to come back but we don’t. I literally can’t remember when our star player came back for another year. Fair wasn’t considered a legit lottery player and he was the only one in recent memory that came back after even thinking about leaving.

Any time a cuse players smells first round they gone. What does that say about us ? It’s frustrsting always waitng for the big year when a big piece bolts for the nba
Maybe its because Boeheim is encouraging them to go to the NBA, since that is generally whats in the best interest for the kid. Imagine if Tyus came back next season and god forbid got seriously hurt, Im talking like torn ACL, MCL, PCL. I would feel terrible, because 1) his career will never be the same and 2) he would be losing out on that lottery money likely.

Yep, he had to find ONE team that was intrigued by him - if Utah didn't pick him he might have sat another 10 picks

He has everything you could want for a 2G - athletic, can dribble, strong, size, can drive, shoot and plays defense - he literally doesn't have anything to question - this ain't Lydon who had a lot of flaws and no real position
Lydon projected as an athletic stretch 4 in the NBA, so he indeed does have a position.

Staff is already aware Battle will be gone. Also preparing for OB declaring and Marek going pro (Europe). If either OB or Marek come back we are a top 10 team. Bazley is that good. Frank will be a top guard in the ACC and they love Hughes. He will be our 3rd guard. Maybe starter... if he can beat out Carey.
Ugh I hope they both stay. I understand Battle leaving but I'm getting sick of a whole new roster every year. Wish I was alive during the time players stayed 3-4 years.