If battle goes | Syracusefan.com

If battle goes

Def agree.

Kid has been/done everything we could have asked. He helped us ride out those scholarship sanctions with decent enough teams.

Never got into any trouble. Never any drama with him. Came in, kept his head down his first year & played hard. Then became a leader this year & played even harder.

Had a little reputation for getting injured coming out of HS...but did he even miss a game in his two years here?

Really just seems like a great kid. Parents should be proud. Hope they read this actually. Cause they seem all Orange too.

Tremendous basketball player but more importantly seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Will always remember the step back jumpers in the second half against Duke last year.

Or probably when, lets not crucify the kid. So quiet and humble and seems 100% orange.

Tom said it well.

Going head to head against a Elijah could bear gifts we reap next year. His final gift.

In today’s world, he’s probably ready enough.

But one more year in the I-school academically can put him closer to longer-term options. Who knows? But you are right: if he decides to go, appreciation is the way to go.

one projection.
55. TYUS BATTLE, SG, SYRACUSE | SOPHOMORE

Height: 6'6" | Weight: 235 | Age: 20 | Last: 49
Stats: 19.3 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 39.8% FG
Battle is a bit tricky to evaluate due to his massive role in Syracuse’s offense: his stats are inflated by the fact he never sits, and it’s hard to know if his poor shot selection is attributable to what’s asked of him, or if that’s how he’ll try to score in the NBA. He has a good frame and skill level and can score at all three levels, but isn’t a great playmaker or physical finisher and is overreliant on midrange shots. He’s not a consistent three-point shooter, either. Because of Syracuse’s 2-3 zone, it’s hard to assess his defensive impact. He’s likely a second-round pick.

one projection.

Battle is a bit tricky to evaluate due to his massive role in Syracuse’s offense: his stats are inflated by the fact he never sits, and it’s hard to know if his poor shot selection is attributable to what’s asked of him, or if that’s how he’ll try to score in the NBA. He has a good frame and skill level and can score at all three levels, but isn’t a great playmaker or physical finisher and is overreliant on midrange shots. He’s not a consistent three-point shooter, either. Because of Syracuse’s 2-3 zone, it’s hard to assess his defensive impact. He’s likely a second-round pick.

Here’s another one from the best in the business, Givony.

28. Brooklyn Nets (via Raptors)

i

Tyus Battle
Syracuse
SG/SF

i

Height: 6-7 | Weight:204

The Nets are still figuring out what their long-term wing rotation will look like and could very well take a flier on a player such as Battle at the end of the first round.

He's a solid-sized shooting guard with smooth athleticism and a frame that will fill out nicely in time. He improved considerably as a half-court creator as a sophomore, even if his efficiency leaves a lot to be desired.

Starting salary: $1,630,320

one projection.

i

Tyus Battle
Syracuse
SG/SF

i

The Nets are still figuring out what their long-term wing rotation will look like and could very well take a flier on a player such as Battle at the end of the first round.

He's a solid-sized shooting guard with smooth athleticism and a frame that will fill out nicely in time. He improved considerably as a half-court creator as a sophomore, even if his efficiency leaves a lot to be desired.

204 or 235? Give me a break

If you wanted to say something bad about Tyus Battle what could you possibly say?

The ending of the ND game... d’oh!!!

Other than that, what a fantastic player who from afar seems to have an abundance of character. Always positive and confident, and the way his teammates mobbed him during the selection show was proof that he was admired by his peers. No matter what you do in life one should always seek admiration from his/her peers.

If he is mentally ready to be a pro ball player then he should go. He is electric on the drive and creates separation with ease whether he wants to go all the way to the rim or pull up for a jumper.

His jump shot needs work, his court vision needs work but he can evolve in the pros on those issues. I think the extra spacing in the pro game will help his game shine more.

Defense is all about heart and he has a big one, so he should be just fine in pros. At times this year, in desperate moments, you’d see a different motor from him where his effort was popping off the screen - that’s his big heart. That’s why he was so clutch, so often.

If he goes, God bless him - I’ll be rooting for him just as hard as I rooted for him when he was in Orange.

If he doesn’t, then Merry Christmas to us.

Last edited:
Tom said it well.

Going head to head against a Elijah could bear gifts we reap next year. His final gift.

In today’s world, he’s probably ready enough.

But one more year in the I-school academically can put him closer to longer-term options. Who knows? But you are right: if he decides to go, appreciation is the way to go.
He can't go to the I school later?

No matter what you do in life one should always seek admiration from his/her peers.

Whatever you say, Willy Loman. :p

I wish Battle all the best in his next chapter of his life. If people think that there is a chance he comes back you all are crazy! Tyus, thank you for the memories!

i

Tyus Battle
Syracuse

SG/SF

i

These projections are interesting. I mean, you need to take them with a grain of salt. These two guys seemingly can't even get an 'objective' finding correct. Is it 6'6 or 6'7. Is it 235 lbs or 204. Or, none of the above.

Wish him luck and love his dad and family. Wonder if he has regrets seeing Michigan getting in final. The Orange love and allegiance towards him has gotta trump that

Don’t see his brother coming here as those are big shoes to fill and would probably dread on constant comparisons to his brother. Any sibling will tell you that’s a lot to bare

He’s gonna blaze his own trail May end up with Hop. Battle family is very classy and wish them the best

Don’t see his brother coming here as those are big shoes to fill and would probably dread on constant comparisons to his brother. Any sibling will tell you that’s a lot to bare

He’s gonna blaze his own trail May end up with Hop. Battle family is very classy and wish them the best
I always thought the same...and then Tre Jones committed to Duke. Can’t get any bigger shoes than an older brother who won a championship. Guess that’s the brotherhood! :vomit:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom