If Boeheim's Army Became a College Team? | Syracusefan.com

If Boeheim's Army Became a College Team?

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Aside from having the best bench, (which is quite important);
they would have the best backcourt, especially in ability to get to the hoop at will. Devo would be the craftiest college player and Triche might be the strongest. He is the best at taking contact. Riley would hold his own on D against any offense. It would be nice if he produced more offense. Dirty, despite passing gas and running like he has a steel rod instead of a backbone, would be the sweetest shooting forward. He also shoots the flattest foul shot I've ever seen. He shoots line drives from the foul line but it works. If CJ Fair is your weakest link you are a NC favorite.

My observation regarding Rick is that he is out of condition and practice. He is not playing like the Rick of old; the eraser who controlled the boards and was quick to the hoop. When Donte played in college his defenders said that he had to shoot to carry the team. Now we know that shooting is the only way he knows how to play. He has no shot selection capability. He uses quickness and a decent handle to drive but he does not use strength to finish. He got too many minutes, in fact he got the most minutes, against FOE.

are u serious? I may be off base here, but some of the guys are out of shape and shells of their former selves. I can't see them beating a top college team.

Triche's will be done. We go undefeated.

are u serious? I may be off base here, but some of the guys are out of shape and shells of their former selves. I can't see them beating a top college team.

Perhaps Green and Jackson are a out of shape but not the rest of them. Don't forget you are watching them play against other experienced pro ball players. Give JB that group for a month and they roll through college undefeated. A line-up of Triche, Cooney, CJ, Dirty, Dash who all know the zone and the adjustments would completely shut down college teams. They wouldn't even have to worry about offense. Triche and Devo would kill college teams on ball screens especially with players like Dirty, Donte and CJ on the wings. CJ is a complimentary player on this team and he was all BE and all ACC.

Perhaps Green and Jackson are a out of shape but not the rest of them. Don't forget you are watching them play against other experienced pro ball players. Give JB that group for a month and they roll through college undefeated. A line-up of Triche, Cooney, CJ, Dirty, Dash who all know the zone and the adjustments would completely shut down college teams. They wouldn't even have to worry about offense. Triche and Devo would kill college teams on ball screens especially with players like Dirty, Donte and CJ on the wings. CJ is a complimentary player on this team and he was all BE and all ACC.

undefeated? so they would beat college teams with four future first round picks on them?

You had me, until you said Donte on the wing! I can't watch him play!

Since we are talking fantasy land, can we switch him out for Kris Joesph? Then I'm on board!!!(with them being good...not beating all other top college teams)

Last edited:
I mean this isn't surprising. It would literally be men vs boys.

But men get tired a lot easier than boys do. (See: Donte)

In all seriousness, this is an interesting question that I'm on the fence about. Is Devo for instance really a better player today as an Assistant Coach than he was in his college prime playing against Kemba Walker?

undefeated? so they would beat college teams with four future first round picks on them?

Yes, against freshman 5star lottery type picks absolutely. How many of those 1st round picks make an immediate impact in the NBA? How many stick in the NBA? And of the few who make an impact and stick you have to realize its because they are surrounded by successful NBA players. In college they are surrounded by college player. College teams all have weak links and their most talented players are unfinished products. They look great playing against other college teams but they would get rolled by pro teams IMO. You are talking about a bunch of grown men who have sniffed around the NBA and honed their games playing professionally around the world.

Devo is one year away from being a professional where he had a solid career.

It's obvious Southerland, Triche, and Riley are a lot better than 99% of college players at their role.

One guy won an Italian league MVP(Triche) and is playing solid ball in the D League.

Southerland averaged 14 in the D League shooting 39% out to the NBA Line.

Riley is way better than any center we had this year.

They would destroy the current version of Orange.

John Gillon's skill level versus Triche isn't even close.

But men get tired a lot easier than boys do. (See: Donte)

In all seriousness, this is an interesting question that I'm on the fence about. Is Devo for instance really a better player today as an Assistant Coach than he was in his college prime playing against Kemba Walker?
Devo played professional basketball for 4 years. He is better now than he was then.

I wonder what Riley could have become at Cuse if he had stayed.

I really liked his game, though it probably wasn't going to work out here. But it's cool to see that he's contributing and looking like a strong basketball player against peers right now.

These games can get a little wacky too because these players don't really have a lot of time to ball together

Not like in college with so many set practices

Lot of goalposts being moved here . It's gone from claims that they would go undefeated in major college ball as they are constructed now to comparing them to prior SU teams

While our team may not have first round picks, we would have the equivalent of 10 college seniors who are all pretty good college basketball players. That's the favourite for a national title.

And that is assuming they did not develop any further.

Lot of goalposts being moved here . It's gone from claims that they would go undefeated in major college ball as they are constructed now to comparing them to prior SU teams

I stand by that. Give JB the Army squad at start of practices and he would go undefeated to the tittle in this season of college ball. I really believe that. Its not exclusive to SU either. You could do the same with alums from other schools and roll college teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom