If Boeheim's Army Became a College Team? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If Boeheim's Army Became a College Team?

Once you don't get drafted in the NBA it's hard to get in. There's tremendous barriers to entry. I think a couple of these guys could hold their own against NBA players. Cooney mentioned one guy in particular in an interview yesterday...

Fran Fraschilla said that any of the 8 teams in the quarterfinals would dominate college hoops and win the national championship. (Stated during OSU game)
Then he's an idiot

Then he's an idiot

Disagree. Provided these guys have the time to focus on bball first and really get in shape, they're better than they were in college. The primary difference is it takes more work to stay in shape/stay healthy compared to the 18-22 year olds. Provided in shape and healthy, and that they never stopped playing, I think most people play their best ball in their mid-late 20's.

Disagree. Provided these guys have the time to focus on bball first and really get in shape, they're better than they were in college. The primary difference is it takes more work to stay in shape/stay healthy compared to the 18-22 year olds. Provided in shape and healthy, and that they never stopped playing, I think most people play their best ball in their mid-late 20's.

provide nothing. im saying take these dudes right now as is and have them face college teams. That is the premise.

What current college team would beat them and why?

any top 20 team would have a good chance at beating them. why? more athletic, younger, in better shape, actually have a system...

any top 20 team would have a good chance at beating them. why? more athletic, younger, in better shape, actually have a system...

There's only a couple guys not in shape (Donte/Rick). I just don't see it. Imagine Quade Green having to deal with Triche.

We saw what happened to Yogi Farrell and he's an NBA player and Triche is not.

provide nothing. im saying take these dudes right now as is and have them face college teams. That is the premise.

Are you taking the college teams right now as well. Remember every top20 team has a bunch of new faces and hasn't practiced yet so they don't know the system. So again today yes absolutely the more experienced guys win.

What system? They all have new players and have yet to practice.

there are no teams for them to play against right now. But I really have to believe that you guys know what Im talking about. Take these dudes and this tournament and have them face for example a top 20 college basketball team from last season. I can't set it up more concrete than that.

there are no teams for them to play against right now. But I really have to believe that you guys know what Im talking about. Take these dudes and this tournament and have them face for example a top 20 college basketball team from last season. I can't set it up more concrete than that.

Yeah put them in there. Southerland, Triche and Devo would instantly be 3 of the best players in the ACC based on what I have seen. 2 of those guys were cornerstones of a 30 win FF team.

So you get to go back in time to a team that has played together all season while we have to have guys from this very moment who came together from all over the place on short notice. Who's the one moving the goal post now? Not that it matters because I think your opinion seems to be centered on NCAA basketball with little outside knowledge of basketball beyond the NCAA.

I'll say it. I think right now today Army would beat last seasons UNC team in an evenly officiated game. Go down the list of players on both teams. Look at the accomplishments of the the SU players in college alone. UNC from last year doesn't have the shooting to overcome a well played 2-3 with the size that Army can put out there. Riley and Jackson aren't getting big boyed by Meeks and company. Yes UNC at times could hurt them in transition but Army would make it extremely difficult for them in the half court and would have no issues scoring IMO.

Last edited:
Yeah put them in there. Southerland, Triche and Devo would instantly be 3 of the best players in the ACC based on what I have seen. 2 of those guys were cornerstones of a 30 win FF team.

So would CJ who was all ACC when he played in it. The zone the way these guys played it against FOE when they brought the wings up and had Riley in the middle would absolutely befuddle college teams who often have one or more guys playing who aren't really offensive options.

So you get to go back in time to a team that has played together all season while we have to have guys from this very moment who came together from all over the place on short notice. Who's the one moving the goal post now? Not that it matters because I think your opinion seems to be centered on NCAA basketball with little outside knowledge of basketball beyond the NCAA.

I'll say it. I think right now today Army would beat last seasons UNC team in an evenly officiated game. Go down the list of players on both teams. Look at the accomplishments of the the SU players in college alone. UNC from last year doesn't have the shooting to overcome a well played 2-3 with the size that Army can put out there. Riley and Jackson aren't getting big boyed by Meeks and company. Yes UNC at times could hurt them in transition but Army would make it extremely difficult for them in the half court and would have no issues scoring IMO.

I watch more NBA then college basketball . I've been season ticket holder for suns and rockets

I watch more NBA then college basketball . I've been season ticket holder for suns and rockets

And you think that ex college stars cannot beat current college stars? I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Neither of us is making any headway convincing the other.

There's only a couple guys not in shape (Donte/Rick). I just don't see it. Imagine Quade Green having to deal with Triche.

We saw what happened to Yogi Farrell and he's an NBA player and Triche is not.

And Rick Jackson would have steamrolled anybody we put out there at center last year.

Easiest example, Gillon took over games for us last year yet looks worse on this team than he did against ACC competition.

And Rick Jackson would have steamrolled anybody we put out there at center last year.

Easiest example, Gillon took over games for us last year yet looks worse on this team than he did against ACC competition.

Bingo! Great example! So much more to the game then just being a young explosive 18 year old athlete. Some of these guys are in the prime as far as playing. Yes some may be out of shape and they don't have that much time playing together and setting up a system etc but as you could see in the 2nd half once they locked in on defense against some very good offensively skilled guys that FOE had they completely shut them down!

If Boeheim's Army were suddenly a college team they would immediately get put on probation. :confused:

Seriously, I've long advocated that players who left with eligibility remaining should be able to return to school to get degrees and play for the college team for whatever years they had left, as long as the college wasn't paying them. The colleges are said to be the 'minor leagues' for the NBA and NFL. You should be able to go back down to the minor league, get well and ply better and then go back up to the majors. It would be a way to reverse the talent drain.

The whole thing is coaching and system. With a legit college coach and motivation, BA would obviously be very tough to beat in a college game. The product as we see it in this tourney would struggle to make the tournament. Guys like Donte are having trouble staying interested for 36 minutes when there is $2 million on the line. How would he do in mid December against a mid major no name like Uconn? I don't see it. You would also have more injury time loss with the older players. 40 games played at a college intensity level against much younger guys would wear on their bodies. But if they were healthy, invested, and coached up, they would certainly be able to beat any time at the NCAA level.

Once you don't get drafted in the NBA it's hard to get in. There's tremendous barriers to entry. I think a couple of these guys could hold their own against NBA players. Cooney mentioned one guy in particular in an interview yesterday...

Unquestionably Brandon Triche could hold his own.

The whole thing is coaching and system. With a legit college coach and motivation, BA would obviously be very tough to beat in a college game. The product as we see it in this tourney would struggle to make the tournament. Guys like Donte are having trouble staying interested for 36 minutes when there is $2 million on the line. How would he do in mid December against a mid major no name like Uconn? I don't see it. You would also have more injury time loss with the older players. 40 games played at a college intensity level against much younger guys would wear on their bodies. But if they were healthy, invested, and coached up, they would certainly be able to beat any time at the NCAA level.

Donte is horrificly lazy. And shocking so is CJ. By far the biggest let down so far of 2017 BA.

Both just boggle my mind.

Donte is horrificly lazy. And shocking so is CJ. By far the biggest let down so far of 2017 BA.

Both just boggle my mind.

I still have faith that CJ will have a big game. DG is absolutely amazing in his lack of desire to compete though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom