If Bourama is out for season | Syracusefan.com

If Bourama is out for season

pearl31

in cahoots
(and even if he's not "out" out, he'll probably be rather limited)
I don't think PC can stay out of foul trouble like he did tonight, and we'll have to go small for significant stretches - Marek at the 5 w Tyus at the 3...
Could end up being blessing in disguise from an offensive perspective - but obviously we'd get bullied by bigger teams...
but yeah, team might have to get accustomed in a hurry to that lineup/style. hmph

I don't think PC can stay out of foul trouble like he did tonight, and we'll have to go small for significant stretches - Marek at the 5 w Tyus at the 3...
Could end up being blessing in disguise from an offensive perspective - but obviously we'd get bullied by bigger teams...
but yeah, team might have to get accustomed in a hurry to that lineup/style. hmph
It’s not just about foul trouble conditioning will be an issue.

Yeah, Marek at the 5 is going to happen more often in ACC play. I often wonder how Moyer would do at the 5...we might find out.

I know it’s nit been decided yet but I can’t recall a time when a coach has talked about a medical redshirt but we will see and then not have it happen

I'd rather have him out for 4-6 weeks and get fully healed and help in March.

Marek has the best vision ay the forward spot since Rautins in late 8i0's. If he would shoot a little, he would open even more of our offense. If he gets a better handle he could bea great point forward. Oh yeah, he actully uses a bounce pass too. Wth. Love this kid. Hope hestays

Marek and Moyer got bullied towards the end of the first half with Chukwu out of the game and EMU is not an ACC team. It will not be pretty if we have to use those two in the middle. They don’t scare anyone.

As long as PC can give us 25mpg or so without fouling out. We've seen Marek had his issues with fouls as well.

Calm your jets s little. Tbone thinks he’s awful and he is the most positive guy I know
Marek, to date, is the scrappy 2nd baseman/SS that championship teams of yore all had.
As for a bball comparison, he is Rodman-esque in how he helps this team.

We are going to finish a ton of games with Moyer at the 5 and Battle at the 3. PC and Marek will be in foul trouble all year. This is a big loss IMHO. Marek is going to have to learn to play the 5 like Lydon and give up some easy hoops.

I think we could be ok with Marek at the 5

I agree, but then the back row needs to be a little smarter and a little faster. They seem to play lifeguard defense sometimes, you know, watching the ball and moving only in emergencies. I'm not advocating chasing the ball, I'm advocating getting into position faster and not losing track of the other teams player on the baseline.

That kid has been freakin gold. What a find.

Give us 4 years, unless the NBA comes calling early!
I agree, I hope he stays all four years. It's a real joy to watch someone that plays hard and smart.

He seems to be enjoying himself here as well. Looks to have found a lady and seems to like playing here.

This suggestion is a complete flyer that will never happen -- but I wonder if there is any possibility to add a JUCO big man at midseason, a kid who might already be academically qualified and thus eligible to play right away.

Can't envision JB ever making that kind of move, but it sure would be nice to add another scholarship player to the mix. This is another example of how missing out on Moustapha Diagne hurts us.

This suggestion is a complete flyer that will never happen -- but I wonder if there is any possibility to add a JUCO big man at midseason, a kid who might already be academically qualified and thus eligible to play right away.

Can't envision JB ever making that kind of move, but it sure would be nice to add another scholarship player to the mix. This is another example of how missing out on Moustapha Diagne hurts us.

I was really thinking about Diagne while watching that Buffalo game. Their 6’8-6’9 250lb C giving us all kinds of problems was exactly the kind of player I was expecting Diagne to be. A tough player with some skill and not a typical SU beanpole.

Last edited:
I was really thinking about Diagne while watching that Buffalo game. Their 6’8-6’9 255 lb C giving us all kinds of problems was exactly the kind of player I was expecting Diagne to be. A tough player with some skill and not a typical SU beanpole.

Its not like we don't have time to get one in the next class, we need a true big men in the worst way. Sad when mid majors have better bigs than us