If by chance we win the NC this year, would JB retire? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If by chance we win the NC this year, would JB retire?

A very wise man once told me...... "Never answer a question beginning with the word "if."

this wise man must have been real fun to hang around with

Just asking - if by chance we do win the NC this year, would JB retire?

I just don't see him announcing before a season that he is going to retire, coaching through that season, and doing the whole "farewell" tour thing. As satisfying as that might be for the fans, that just isn't him,
It's gonna happen someday, and if not like this , then how?

I retired on Wednesday, and so far it's pretty nice

Hate to see it this year. Love to see him go for 900+. He is at the top of his game.

But, yeah. You know it is coming soon.

In my uninformed opinion he will wait another to put the Fine situation completely behind him. He would not want the second story after his retirement to be about a court date with Allered.

An interesting argument is when would be the best time to hand the reigns to Hop. After an NC and with Coleman in hand? It could not be any better than that.

Despite my disgust for blind cheerleaderishness, I frigging love JB.

Hate to see it this year. Love to see him go for 900+. He is at the top of his game.

But, yeah. You know it is coming soon.

In my uninformed opinion he will wait another to put the Fine situation completely behind him. He would not want the second story after his retirement to be about a court date with Allered.

An interesting argument is when would be the best time to hand the reigns to Hop. After an NC and with Coleman in hand? It could not be any better than that.

Despite my disgust for blind cheerleaderishness, I frigging love JB.

BTW, a gator was stalking my dog as I was typing that post.

I think JB will be here about 5-6 more years, quite simply solely due to the level of success we are having as of late, why retire after 2 titles when 3 or 4 are suddenly more plausible.

If we weren't in the discussion and bringing in top recruits and had to settle with some of our teams from mid-late 2000's then maybe I could see it, but as excited as I am as a fan for this years tournament run, I am even more so excited about the immediate 2-3 year window we have in front of us, I think JB feels the same way and wants to transition us into the ACC for a few years, go toe to toe with Roy and Coach K (whom I'm sure JB thinks we can beat) get a few ACC titles and then hit the road after that, allowing Hop to be the SU coach through some dominant ACC years.

I think he will retire when his son James is playing Varsity basketball so he can go to the games more. I believe he is a current 8th grader, so I think in 2-3 years he slip away to be with his family. Just in time for the recruitment of him and his fellow teammate Sam Rautins.

I have a feeling that at some point in time it will just hit him that it is the right time, and he will do it right then. No "2 more years", farewell tours or anything like that. When that time comes, I have a feeling it will come out of nowhere, as opposed to "thinking about it...and will know in 3-4 months".

Could be dead wrong...just a hunch I have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom