If Clawson goes to Virginia Tech...Sean Lewis to Wake? I would pull trigger if I was Wake Forest AD | Syracusefan.com

If Clawson goes to Virginia Tech...Sean Lewis to Wake? I would pull trigger if I was Wake Forest AD

I think Lewis gets the USC or LSU job. If not probably the Chicago Bears. (KCSU my source)

and takes Tucker with him wherever he goes because even though Lewis was 2 years removed from Syracuse staff, he still sealed the deal for Tucker to come to Syracuse

Last edited:
I think the lack of success Babers has had at Syracuse makes a Lewis hire by an ACC school really unlikely.

In this scenario, I would expect Wake to promote Clawson’s longtime OC.

Lewis doesn't go anywhere this year, having a terrible season.

I think Lewis gets the USC or LSU job. If not probably the Chicago Bears. (KCSU my source)

and takes Tucker with him wherever he goes because even though Lewis was 2 years removed from Syracuse staff, he still sealed the deal for Tucker to come to Syracuse
Your a funny guy. Glad your all in on Dino. Hopefully someday he comes through. Personally im an SU fan and feel as if Dino for all of the resources and time he has been provided is a failure. Not as a good person as im sure he is but at his profession as a coach of a major and storied program hes been a failure.
As to Lewis id say his future is brighter than Dinos and by the time he is Dinos age he will have obtained significantly more success.
Meanwhile lets hope that the team rebounds the next two weekends and finishes strong.
Lets hope that the other D player that i heard about doesn't leave or the two D coaches. Most of all lets hope that Dinos players, assistant coaches, and recruits believe in him as much as you do.

Your a funny guy. Glad your all in on Dino. Hopefully someday he comes through. Personally im an SU fan and feel as if Dino for all of the resources and time he has been provided is a failure. Not as a good person as im sure he is but at his profession as a coach of a major and storied program hes been a failure.
As to Lewis id say his future is brighter than Dinos and by the time he is Dinos age he will have obtained significantly more success.
Meanwhile lets hope that the team rebounds the next two weekends and finishes strong.
Lets hope that the other D player that i heard about doesn't leave or the two D coaches. Most of all lets hope that Dinos players, assistant coaches, and recruits believe in him as much as you do.
I thought this was a thread on the great Sean Lewis and his next coaching spot.

So will you be in Canton for Lewis' hall of fame induction? First ballot of course

Last edited:
IMO Clawson going to VA Tech would be a mistake. It will take a couple of years for his O to get going. He D isn't any good. YPG D Wake has been in the Top 8 in ACC games only once in his 8 years there. VA Tech fans won't have the patience for the O to gel while watching bad D.

I could see him being a fit at:

Pitt if Narduzzi takes another job
GA Tech if they move on
West Virginia if they move on
Maryland if they move on

I don't really see him fitting anywhere else.

Edit

MD has no money so that probably isn't an option. WV is barely P5 so it is a step down. Really his best bet is GA Tech. Tons of local recruits and a rebuild where the fans will have patience. GA Tech really should be the Coastal's #1 program when you look at everything.

Last edited:
Lewis doesn't go anywhere this year, having a terrible season.
Remember it’s Kent state and they are on the cusp of making a bowl game.

He can lose this week and still win the MAC. Can't call it a terrible season.

He's having mediocre year. I mean if it wasn't for many on this board who think the guy walks on water and giving him credit for a season when he was no longer here it wouldn't even matter. Sure, He's a good coach but I doubt there are P5 programs getting in line to hire him RIGHT Now. He's not generating buzz like a Matt Campbell or Dino did.

There are probably 2-3 coaches that would be hired before Lewis out of the MAC and I have stated Sean has done well at Kent St

Remember it’s Kent state and they are on the cusp of making a bowl game.
Oh I'm aware
He is still having a pretty off year right now but sure he wins out that will look good

;):)

will clawson model work at VT . They expect more. He has had a great yr with tons of experience and dodging games. But his reg season win total. 3-3-6-7-6-8-4-

will clawson model work at VT . They expect more. He has had a great yr with tons of experience and dodging games. But his reg season win total. 3-3-6-7-6-8-4-

He would be NUTS to leave Wake for another (non-Clemson) ACC program.

Whatever additional $ and 'stature' might come from it, would be more than offset by unreasonable fan and alum expectations, and a high risk of being the next coach canned from there 3-4 years from now.

Really hope it happens, we play Wake every year but we only play VTech once every handful of years. If Wake's program takes a hit and we can get some additional wins at their expense, then im all for it

Rarely do posts make me laugh out loud...well done sir!

Interesting article in today’s Athletic about Clawson and Wake. Supposedly Wake has the second best fb facilities in the ACC, mostly as a result of $100mm in fb specific donations over the past seven years.

Interesting article in today’s Athletic about Clawson and Wake. Supposedly Wake has the second best fb facilities in the ACC, mostly as a result of $100mm in fb specific donations over the past seven years.
Must be that Phillip Morris or Joe Cool money. Half Kidding...

Must be that Phillip Morris or Joe Cool money. Half Kidding...
Well, the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco money did pay for them to move from Wake Forest to a corner of their property in Winston-Salem.

The legend of Sean Lewis is bigger on this board than anywhere on earth. Including Kent, OH.

what-the-hell-whats-going-on.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom