If cuse and duke r 1 seeds, can duke bump | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If cuse and duke r 1 seeds, can duke bump

I've wondered this. Does Duke not draw as well in Boston as they do in the Tri-State area?

I missed the boat on Boston tickets through Ticketmaster, but am waiting to pull the trigger on Stubhub. $314.99 for all sessions is the best price right now. Think that'll come down? Think someone like Duke as a #2 in that region would send prices higher?

Probably wont come down no.

Anything is possible but we would probably have to lose 2 more (including the BET) and Duke would have to win out. You can be sure the Committee will give Duke the benefit it is at all close.

Hmm, thanks
I would think that given the fact that there could possibly be Syracuse, Duke/Mich State/Unc there the prices will probably go up.

I would think that given the fact that there could possibly dbe Syracuse, Duke/Mich State/Unc there the prices will probably go up.

That's what I was thinking; shouldn't really be any dogs in the 1-4 seeds in the East; most of the likely candidates would spike demand. Guess that'll clear up in the next two weeks.

I've wondered this. Does Duke not draw as well in Boston as they do in the Tri-State area?

I missed the boat on Boston tickets through Ticketmaster, but am waiting to pull the trigger on Stubhub. $314.99 for all sessions is the best price right now. Think that'll come down? Think someone like Duke as a #2 in that region would send prices higher?

I was gonna wait till after we win the first 2 rounds when its 100% we're gonna be playing in boston to pull the trigger, but im not so sure now. The tickets for $314.99 could be going for 499.99 once its guaranteed syracuse will be there, and probably duke or unc. Think im gonna buy them now and pray like hell we dont get bounced the opening weekend.

I was gonna wait till after we win the first 2 rounds when its 100% we're gonna be playing in boston to pull the trigger, but im not so sure now. The tickets for $314.99 could be going for 499.99 once its guaranteed syracuse will be there, and probably duke or unc. Think im gonna buy them now and pray like hell we dont get bounced the opening weekend.

I'm inclined to do the same; my superstition is telling me not to.

most likely not...we remain the #1 seed...and possibly fall to a# 2 if we lose two games...my prediction is we stick in the East and Duke most likely goes West...just remember going West usually is a good thing...think about Uconn and a team dear to our hearts coming out of the West...

The tickets for $314.99 could be going for 499.99 once its guaranteed syracuse will be there, and probably duke or unc. Think im gonna buy them now and pray like hell we dont get bounced the opening weekend.
You should always be able to re-sell them... and maybe even make some $.

I think you can get a deal for the Elite Eight round by buying them from fans of the losing Sweet Sixteen games. But I think you would have to be there on Thursday to get them for Saturday. Many of the losing fans won't hang out if they have that option.

RPI is also a heavilly weighted component. We've been #1 in RPI for virtually the entire season. I say no way we are bumped from a 1 seed and no way are we moved out of the East.

If Duke wins the ACC tourney, and we lose in the 1st round of ours, it's absolutely on the table.

I've underestimated the impact of conf tournies too many times. I've finally learned that those are almost mini seasons themselves. Winning the ACC tournament, regardless of who you played to do it, is still winning the ACC tournament. And that will earn a ton of respect from the committee.

The 2005 SU team got no respect for winning the BET. No way that team should have been a 4 seed.

When it comes to one seeds the committee puts way more into what you did during the regular season and not in 3 days of a conference tourney. The fact is we have been a top 5 (top 2 team actually) for the entire year. Even if we did stumble and finish 29-2 going into the BET and lose in the quarters we still will get a one seed. Too many top 25-50-100 wins and we also won the conference regular season.

Not the case in 2006. SU went from bubble team to a 5 seed by winning the BET. Should have been in the 8/9 game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom