If Fab goes pro... | Syracusefan.com

If Fab goes pro...

44PRIDE

All Conference
...he'll turn into the Syracuse version of Hasheem Thabeet. Sure, he'll get drafted on potential. But that brother is waaay too raw and waaay too short on skills for the NBA. He'd better get used to life in the D-League.

Dion on the other hand...

He probably just wants to play professionally in Brazil, sooner as opposed to later.

I agree, his defense on Gates tonight is a good example of why, Fab hasn't dominated many good college big men, and the NBA will eat him up at this point. He also hasn't come up big under pressure during the BET.

Since when do college players make decisions on whether to stay or go based on some logical criteria? fab is gone...dion is gone..the future is bright...MCW, CJ...Rak...DC...we are fine

the front court next year will be unreal. A post presence in DC will be a very welcoming addition; the one thing we're missing right now.

dion is 10x more ready for the nba than fab

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

...he'll turn into the Syracuse version of Hasheem Thabeet. Sure, he'll get drafted on potential. But that brother is waaay too raw and waaay too short on skills for the NBA. He'd better get used to life in the D-League.

Dion on the other hand...
He's a 10-12 year NBA player. He's played basketball 3 years.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Since when do college players make decisions on whether to stay or go based on some logical criteria? fab is gone...dion is gone..the future is bright...MCW, CJ...Rak...DC...we are fine

I have no doubts we are a top 5 team with or without Fab next season.

My point is that if you take an objective look at his skillset...ain't no way in hell that dude is ready for a jump to the league in 2012.

Do you really thing all 210 pounds of Noel could keep Gates away from the basket? I though Fab did ok. The problem is when he goes to block or help, our forwards are too soft to come up with traffic rebounds or they just get pushed under the rim.

Gates didnt over power Fab...that is the big BS thing that people will take from this game...he overpowered CJ fair and Joseph..even dirty hung with him.

Not too many college big men are "ready" for the league. The only thing that gets you ready for the league is the league. However, I agree that Fab is a project.

Like the NBA isn't desperate for 7 foot guys that can block shots. Cha-ching.
Let me see...I can stay in school and get paid zero or sign a 3-yr guaranteed contract for $9 million. Even if I'm out of the league after 3 years, I think I'm ahead.

We have a TRUE 7 footer. On any other team, the offense would run through the middle. That dude should be averaging a double-double for the season. Yet, has he ever been an offensive "go to guy"?

No...because Melo can't finish around the rim, has mediocre rebounding skills and poor decision making (ie/ really bad passes).

However, Melo is a good shot blocker and excels at drawing the charge.

Someone will draft him. , robin lopez was a first round pick

The guy is so so so so raw to the game. Yet so athletic.

Curious how he will do in the draft combines.

Hard to blame the guy for the offense not running thru him when our guards only attempt to feed the post once or twice a game.

Simply put- Fab Melo just doesn't have basketball IQ. He is the anti-Hibbert in college.

If you're going to zone, you need guys that can rebound in traffic. We really don't have anyone in the frontcourt that can or wants to do it. Melo is the biggest offender.

He does not rebound well enough AT ALL to play in the NBA. And that is about effort and energy. Maybe it would be better if he played man-to-man, but I doubt it.

This frontcourt goes 6-7, 6-8, 7-0 and they win about 10% of those 50/50 balls. They miss Wes Johnson and Rick Jackson. Melo won the Defensive MVP on his credentials pre-suspension. He's been overhyped when his absence became the excuse for their only loss. Maybe Boeheim needs to take a page out of Bill Parcell's playbook and have Dion pick a fight with Melo before the game to get him fired up.

If we're going to lose a 7 footer to the NBA it would be nice to cash in our stock with this advance notice.

Not too many college big men are "ready" for the league. The only thing that gets you ready for the league is the league. However, I agree that Fab is a project.

I don't disagree with you at all, but Greg Monroe was ready for the league. Fab has similar passing skills to GM without the back to the basket game. Fab needs to stay in school. With no back to the basket game, it's hard to make it in the NBA. Ask Andris Biedrins what happens without Boom Dizzle.

44cuse

i've lost count of the big men we faced this season who've outplayed him underneath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom