If Gbinije finished that dunk... | Syracusefan.com

If Gbinije finished that dunk...

B

Brooky03

would the outcome have been any different?

I know we were playing really bad, but hey, if Cal could 'get right back in this' why couldn't we? haha

Wouldn't that dunk have tied the game? As mentioned in another thread it was a bit of a turning point and Cal bombed 3's the rest of the half. Really from that missed dunk on to the 12min mark in the second half is where we lost the game.

As bad as we played, other than the two minutes which followed that missed dunk, the game was pretty even from a score standpoint. They take a 2 point game (which the dunk would have tied), make 4 threes in a row and push the lead to 14 in two minutes. That was what we lost by.

Wouldn't that dunk have tied the game? As mentioned in another thread it was a bit of a turning point and Cal bombed 3's the rest of the half. Really from that missed dunk on to the 12min mark in the second half is where we lost the game.

I think it was a 5 point swing. With the fans kind of on edge because of our lackluster performance to that point, I feel like MSG would have erupted and maybe sparked something for us.

As bad as we played, other than the two minutes which followed that missed dunk, the game was pretty even from a score standpoint.

And that early run of TO's in the second half. I agree though even playing crappy bball we played them even other than about 7-10min.

And that early run of TO's in the second half. I agree though even playing crappy bball we played them even other than about 7-10min.

Yep, 5 turnovers in 7 possessions. I liked that they had some fight to cut the 14-16 point lead to 9, but then they just couldn't get stops, and once Cal pushed it back out to 14, I felt like the air went out of the team, and they just gave up.

Not sure it would have changed the outcome, but that was the type of play that can swing momentum. G's a heck of an athlete, but my God, finish the play!

would the outcome have been any different?

I know we were playing really bad, but hey, if Cal could 'get right back in this' why couldn't we? haha
Rak's second foul was far more damaging than the missed dunk. It changed everything we do defensively and a large part of our offense. This team can't afford to play without him, especially in the early season. This game and the first half of Carleton's game shows what happens when Rak is not a factor.

Rak's second foul was far more damaging than the missed dunk. It changed everything we do defensively and a large part of our offense. This team can't afford to play without him, especially in the early season. This game and the first half of Carleton's game shows what happens when Rak is not a factor.

I really thought Obokoh would be able to give the team 4-5 minutes a game. I'm really disappointed that he's basically had no progress after being here a year. Being forced to play CMac at Center is really going to be a problem. Imagine, heaven forbid, that Rak gets injured.

Cusefan0307 said:
Terence Roberts and Brandon Triche were always good for one a game.

One a game? Bit overstated. I bet they each had maybe 6 in their whole career. Still a lot considering they are dunks, but it's a far cry from 120.

One a game? Bit overstated. I bet they each had maybe 6 in their whole career. Still a lot considering they are dunks, but it's a far cry from 120.

A little Hyperbole there. I like Brandon as much as anyone on this board, but he did miss a few.

Scotch said:
Two words: Daryl Watkins
Rak is usually good for a "stuff by the rim" now and then. Had one against hampton

If G had converted the dunk...
Hard to say, and Cal was going to win that game regardless, but I'm pretty sure the last few minutes of the 1st half would have played out differently - and those few minutes are really what blew the game open

Are you guys serious? Unless the dunk would have been worth 20 points, I don't think it would have mattered.

Cusefan0307 said:
A little Hyperbole there. I like Brandon as much as anyone on this board, but he did miss a few.

Won't disagree with that.

Cusefan0307 said:
Terence Roberts and Brandon Triche were always good for one a game.

BMK as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom