Will hoyas be in final 4?

• yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • no

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

gilardino

Starter
I will be sick to my stomach. I am prepared that the hoyas may actually cut down the nets.

no chance. They flame out early all the time. They have a below average coach and one NBA player on the team. Only 1 team has ever cut down the nets with a single NBA player...:)

Dro, I'll make a mortgage payment for you if Gtown wins the title.

no chance. They flame out early all the time. They have a below average coach and one NBA player on the team. Only 1 team has ever cut down the nets with a single NBA player...:)

Below average?

I will be sick to my stomach. I am prepared that the hoyas may actually cut down the nets.

No way. They're a nice squad and JT3 has done a great job this year but they're not NC material.

They have a transcendent player in Porter, a core group of good players who all know their roles, have a very good HC, and play good team defense.
In other words, they sound alot like our NC squad of '03.
In this crazy season, a player of Porter's ability can take a team very far. No one is dominant, and the team with the best player usually wins. So yes, fckin GTown can make the Final Four. :bang:

They have as much of chance as anyone. Seriously.

Even though they play very good defense, their lack of offensive production will make it difficult to win 6 in a row. And our 2003 team would crush them IMHO.

Well if you're going to exclude Warrick & only count players who were drafted after winning a title that year then UConn only had Kemba in 2011 & Florida had nobody in 2006 lol.

If Porter has a bad game, they will be toast.

Agree, Smith-Rivera's recent 30+ point outburst was a fluke & they really struggle to score outside of Porter. Had Porter scored his season average against us, G'Town would've had 40 points.

Well if you're going to exclude Warrick & only count players who were drafted after winning a title that year then UConn only had Kemba in 2011 & Florida had nobody in 2006 lol.
I believe that 2006 florida team has 4 players in the NBA right now...Horford, Noah, Brewer, Speights, not sure where what you mean when you say they had nobody...

If the Hoyas really want to make a run they will need GW back...without him they wont make a deep run, and they also need DRS to be consistent.

Oklahoma and Danny Manning?

Agree, Smith-Rivera's recent 30+ point outburst was a fluke & they really struggle to score outside of Porter. Had Porter scored his season average against us, G'Town would've had 40 points.
Didn't mean to exclude Warrick. Brain fart.

People are comparing Georgetown with of 2 years ago and Syracuse in 2003 with the Porter/Melo/Kemba thing going on. Big difference is that with and Syracuse other players stepped up big time to go along with Kemba and Melo. Georgetown needs guys to step up big time and help Porter. These second half heroics that Porter has displayed the past 2 games will only go so far if others dont step up.

It wouldnt shock me if they went to the FF or lost in the 2/15 game. I can say that about 10 teams this year.

i remember getting a lot of crap on the board last year for saying Gtown would be a final four contender if they got Noel to commit. Guess they didn't even need that

They have as much of chance as anyone. Seriously.

I disagree. I respect what they've done and like how they play solid defense but I think they are a bit of a long shot to win a NC. Part of my premise is that I don't think the BE is very good this year. IMO there are some B-10 teams that would have too much for the Hoyas.

I disagree. I respect what they've done and like how they play solid defense but I think they are a bit of a long shot to win a NC. Part of my premise is that I don't think the BE is very good this year. IMO there are some B-10 teams that would have too much for the Hoyas.
Michigan lost to a winless penn st team. The B1G has issues as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigan lost to a winless penn st team. The B1G has issues as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rate IU, MSU and OSU ahead of Michigan. And I'd take those three over the top three in the BE all day long.