If I'm Dino | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If I'm Dino

We're not talking next year, we're talking winning the next game to get to a bowl and have something the coaches can talk to recruits about. We also need to show our current WRs and WR recruits that we have a QB that can actually throw a catchable ball to them.
Ok. And why would you think a guy that couldn't beat out the transfer or a guy that's been on the scout team all year would be the better option? What suddenly changes in one week that hasn't changed all year? We are what we are. Major changes will be made in the offseason, if they're going to be made, not during the last week of practice.

How well do you think the offseason WR recruiting will go when the coaches have to point to another 8/20, 63 yd, 3.2 yd avg game!?
I don't see how it will improve. It sucks that we couldn't capitalize on the first three seasons with the success of those WRs. It doesn't make sense.

The lack of WR recruting is baffling. After the seasons AET and Ishmael had I would have thought we could have found at least a couple guys that would've been good upperclassmen for us by now. I really don't get that.
Not to beat a dead horse but our WR 1 went into the portal four games into the season. Someone needed to step up but nobody did.

Not to beat a dead horse but our WR 1 went into the portal four games into the season. Someone needed to step up but nobody did.
But even he wasn't a #1 type talent. He dropped to many balls and wasn't a 50/50 ball guy downfield. He'd be a fine #2 guy if he had someone else demanding the defense's attention.

This is the ACC. Option only isn’t going to work
Worked at GT for a number of years; they went away from the option and will likely fire their coach in the next 1-2 years after recording a 3 win season. Sound familiar Cuse fans

Attachments

• EF92E591-E7EF-42A6-8917-A77D3733CBBE.png
    EF92E591-E7EF-42A6-8917-A77D3733CBBE.png
    478.4 KB · Views: 98
Ok. And why would you think a guy that couldn't beat out the transfer or a guy that's been on the scout team all year would be the better option? What suddenly changes in one week that hasn't changed all year? We are what we are. Major changes will be made in the offseason, if they're going to be made, not during the last week of practice.
You are not getting the jist of the issue; "We are what we are" and what we are is terrible on O for the last two+ games! Therefore, we need to change something - now, for the Pitt game.

Morgan may turn out to be not effective, but what do we have to lose????? At least try something else - my suggestion is the OP.

As agitated as Dino seemed in the morning's presser, maybe he gives someone else a series or two in the first half.
Babers went all in on Shrader week 4 when he decided to start him and play every snap over Devito. No chance he makes another move at least for this season.

QB is NOT the biggest issue. It is Gilbert and Dino running a stagnate and predictable offense. The play calling has been atrocious. They are BOTH below average coaches and nothing will change until GILBERT is at least fired! I would say both but we all pretty much know that DB will be back next season.
Play calling. That’s it!

Play calling. That’s it!

The Giants are a 4 billion dollar organization with 9 figures on offense and couldn't score with, well fill in the blank. Agreed it ain't that easy...

I don't see how it will improve. It sucks that we couldn't capitalize on the first three seasons with the success of those WRs. It doesn't make sense.
Well it might improve if we play a better passer.

You are not getting the jist of the issue; "We are what we are" and what we are is terrible on O for the last two+ games! Therefore, we need to change something - now, for the Pitt game.

Morgan may turn out to be not effective, but what do we have to lose????? At least try something else - my suggestion is the OP.
Your missing the jist of the issue. This isn't a video game where you just plug in a different character and it works. They guy you want to,put in couldn't win the back up job despite being in the system longer than the transfer. He's not good. The other guy (Lamson) may uitimately be better but he likely hasn't taken a snap with the regular offense since preseason, if even then. He's on the scout team. If you think the playcalling is limited now, it would be even moreso with him in the lineup.

There are no changes at QB available this week that make us better.

Finally you see the light once you take off the orange color glasses.
So, these glasses only cause a person to not see bad play calls? Do they erase bad plays from our players too or just coaching stuff?

Trying to understand the science

So, these glasses only cause a person to not see bad play calls? Do they erase bad plays from our players too or just coaching stuff?

Trying to understand the science
Let me walk you through it REAL slow. Many of you posters are so enamored with Dino that you can not see how bad he has failed this team. The bad play calling is just a small part of DB's inability to adjust during a game or to the strengths of certain players. Of course, you wouldn't understand that because you are worried about his feelings. It is so clear that this offense is stale and predictable based on the last two games. Teams have figured out SU's game plan and it is was not that hard for them.

Let me walk you through it REAL slow. Many of you posters are so enamored with Dino that you can not see how bad he has failed this team. The bad play calling is just a small part of DB's inability to adjust during a game or to the strengths of certain players. Of course, you wouldn't understand that because you are worried about his feelings. It is so clear that this offense is stale and predictable based on the last two games. Teams have figured out SU's game plan and it is was not that hard for them.
It is not stale because of playcalling. It is stale because WRs can't get open or catch the ball. It is stale because our QB is inaccurate. It is stale because our oline is not playing as well as it did when we were winning. All of that is ultimately on Dino, but it is not simply play calling. We have two good runners and nothing else. Defenses know it and play to it. Until we make them pay by having a quarterback consistently connect with recievers, they won't change.

Is that slow enough for you?

The O line can run block a little. We can’t pass block. So we go all in with Shrader and Tucker and ground and pound. We lost Taj, our only receiving threat. Our only QB that can throw went in portal. We became ultra one dimensional and easy to defend. It’s that simple.

We will score 14-17 points a game but need to play solid D and make zero mistakes to win. And against a good team, we need some help from the opponent.

Lol. Only in your imagination. Most here see clearly.

Let me help you. It’s not orange colored glasses to want a HC to succeed. It’s easier if the guy you got can get it done, rather than starting over. It might end up being better to start over and that’s what most rational non-haters are wrestling with. It’s not feelings, it’s practicality.

No one is happy with the last two weeks. That’s a movie only you are watching

Shrader had 17 carries too. I'm sure most of the runs were read option where the defense took Tucker away. That's gonna happen. But read option is one of the few ways we've been able to make defenses account for someone other than Tucker and open up room for him. I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to understand that oppossing defenses know he's our best player and they will sell out to take the ball out of his hands. Until we make them pay for that, it won't change. We could just hand the ball to Tucker against a stacked box all day and then everyone will complain Gilbert is predictable as Tucker gets stuffed and we go continuously 3 and out.

We have no passing game. That is THE problem.
No aerial attack, coaches choking when it is decision time, but our biggest problem is lack of depth. Injuries are a given. Good teams plug and playthrough injuries. We lack the necessady depth that is needed to compete for a whole season.

It is not stale because of playcalling. It is stale because WRs can't get open or catch the ball. It is stale because our QB is inaccurate. It is stale because our oline is not playing as well as it did when we were winning. All of that is ultimately on Dino, but it is not simply play calling. We have two good runners and nothing else. Defenses know it and play to it. Until we make them pay by having a quarterback consistently connect with recievers, they won't change.

Is that slow enough for you?
They had a QB that could throw but it didn't make any difference. The common denominator is coaching.

I read that as slowly as I could.

I'm no longer enamored with Dino. I'm not on the fire Dino train just yet, but not going to defend him either. My issue is that he can't sell enough talent on coming here. Maybe no one can, certainly debatable.

There's no easy button on playcalling when your line is being shuffled and struggles, your QB is way more runner than thrower, and your receivers are physically overmatched by the opposing DBs.

Get more talent, or better develop what you have, and playcalling will look better. I'm not saying it's perfect (how would I know), but it's way too easy to see failing plays and blame the playcall.

Lol. Only in your imagination. Most here see clearly.

Let me help you. It’s not orange colored glasses to want a HC to succeed. It’s easier if the guy you got can get it done, rather than starting over. It might end up being better to start over and that’s what most rational non-haters are wrestling with. It’s not feelings, it’s practicality.

No one is happy with the last two weeks. That’s a movie only you are watching
I didn't say anyone was happy. I'm just saying there are a lot excuse makers for DB. What is your limit for lossing seasons? Obviously losing 5 out 6 is not a big deal for you. Is it 10 out of 11?

I will not be surprised if in the post game presser, we hear that Shrader has been playing hurt since the VT game. Not that his balls ever had a ton of zip on them, but it looks like he’s really laboring to throw.

I will not be surprised if in the post game presser, we hear that Shrader has been playing hurt since the VT game. Not that his balls ever had a ton of zip on them, but it looks like he’s really laboring to throw.

looks like he has a torn labrum if anything.

Yeah I think there is a problem with his arm. His throws are clearly worse. He was serviceable passing before vt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom