If Jalen Carey | Syracusefan.com

If Jalen Carey

BillSU

All American
develops into almost as good a distributor and shooter, as Carsen Edwards we'll be fine at the point. Not.

Last edited:
These are the type of reasonable expectations that really define our down to earth fan base.
F1E3C3D2-24B6-4124-9EED-3B042A234331.gif

Carey is almost close to Edwards. He can’t get to the rim without getting blocked and he can’t shoot a lick. I’d be happy if he could handle and pass like Eddie Moss.

develops into almost as good a distributor and shooter, as Carsen Edwards we'll be fine at the point.
LOL I literally burst out laughing when i read this.

jalen carey took all off 19 shots coming in cold in calendar year 2019. made six. nice sample .

2018 you ask ? don't have jalen's numbers but another guard here went 14-55 from the field and 8-36 deep thru december. any guesses ?

I was thinking if that is all Carey becomes, i will be a bit disappointed

Yeah, I definitely think he should pass like Kenny Anderson, shoot like Curry, score like Pistol Pete, and be clutch like Kemba & GMac.

Anything short of that, and his college career is an abject failure.

From a purely skill set and body comparison Girard compares more favorably to Edwards than Carey...not saying Girard ever averages 24 a game, but still.

These are the type of reasonable expectations that really define our down to earth fan base.
... was trying to be sarcastic, Houston. Guess it didn't work. Maybe Girard will be good enough to not dribble off his foot every time he gets the ball.
Maybe I should have expected “if JAB disappears we'll be a top ten team from those on the board that are less than his fans.”

Last edited:
jalen carey was not given enuf actual playing minutes down the stretch for anyone with an ounce of reason to even form an opinion of his performance. you wanna grade an occasional 2 minute cameo vs a 30 plus player ? averages 1 turnover per game last ten. and then gets yanked immediately ? i'm starting to smell a bit of bias . they may want someone else getting mega minutes. ok. but to read comments like "he turns the ball over every time he touches it " are just blatantly false and agenda driven. a much better handle than buddy no question there.
that's why they actually let him bring the ball up court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom