If Jim wants to build the program back up using this roster... | Syracusefan.com

If Jim wants to build the program back up using this roster...

djcon57

Living Legend
Now is the time to start using Joe less. I’m not suggesting bench or not start. Just not 38 mins a game or whatever.

More Taylor at 2 and Bell at 3.

if not now, when. We already sat through a year of Jimmy At PF...for what...what did that get us? A losing record.

if hes going to stay, we need to think about next year.

I’m not sure JB agrees with the subject line of this thread.

Now is the time to start using Joe less. I’m not suggesting bench or not start. Just not 38 mins a game or whatever.

if not now, when. We already sat through a year of Jimmy At PF...for what...what did that get us? A losing record.

- look up this stat. Look up how many points Joe Girard gives up to the player he is responsible for at the top of the key in the zone. For this year, he has given up an average of 23 points to that player. Pay attention to his defense at the top of the key- it is almost non existent. I like the kid, but let’s call a spade a spade. You can’t win an ACC title nor can you win a national championship with a one dimensional streaky, inconsistent guard. If you still don’t believe me, I won’t take it personally. Look at our record and he is one of the elder “leaders.” That says it all

- look up this stat. Look up how many points Joe Girard gives up to the player he is responsible for at the top of the key in the zone. For this year, he has given up an average of 23 points to that player. Pay attention to his defense at the top of the key- it is almost non existent. I like the kid, but let’s call a spade a spade. You can’t win an ACC title nor can you win a national championship with a one dimensional streaky, inconsistent guard. If you still don’t believe me, I won’t take it personally. Look at our record and he is one of the elder “leaders.” That says it all
His defense has improved drastically but to compare him too Torrence doesnt make sense cause he isn’t that level of athlete. He is trying but just not fast enough. Years before I bitched about his defense he didn’t even try. Other big thing I see is after hop left non of our guards keep hands up like Rautins used too.

<We are laughing gif>

Jim is going for the tournament and will change 0%

He’s back next year and we will be around .500 again. At this point the program is an actuarial table

That is a great statistic about Joe’s matador defense. In addition to giving up 23 ppg he creates problems for his teammates because he is turtle slow and they have to try and cover for him. And more often than not they get blamed for his glaring shortcomings. Better off with Sy staying in front of opposing guards and disrupting plays. If only Joe hustled as quickly on defense as he does to get a shot off.

Last edited by a moderator:
<We are laughing gif>

Jim is going for the tournament and will change 0%

He’s back next year and we will be around .500 again. At this point the program is an actuarial table
I know...just trying to stir up some discussion.

Only so many Rick Pitino threads you can avoid

I dont see how Joe’s the issue. We don’t have a half court offense and no matter who’s in at guard, they’re asked to improvise too much. The staff does not make adjustments and thats why game after game we absolutely crumble in the last few minutes. There’s no flow to the O.

Jesse clogs the lane and we force the ball to him while he’s doubled. In my opinion freeing up the lane will play to the advantage of this team’s make up more.

I dont see how Joe’s the issue. We don’t have a half court offense and no matter who’s in at guard, they’re asked to improvise too much. The staff does not make adjustments and thats why game after game we absolutely crumble in the last few minutes. There’s no flow to the O.

Jesse clogs the lane and we force the ball to him while he’s doubled. In my opinion freeing up the lane will play to the advantage of this team’s make up more.
No one said Joe's the issue.

Playing Joe extended mins doesn't help move forward the long term potential of the current roster.

Think Joe is going to have the most career losses and least amount of tourney appearances of any 4 year player since the 60s or 70s so there's that.

i thought joe played within himself .didn't shoot it great this night but didn't try to go teen wolf again either and hoist 20+ shots.

Joe was not aggressive at all last night. He stood on the wing and didn’t move. He has to find ways to help his teammates get open.

No one said Joe's the issue.

Playing Joe extended mins doesn't help move forward the long term potential of the current roster.
Neither does overall inept coaching. Im fine with giving Joe 30+ mins.

Isn’t this a million dollar roster, per Weitsman?

Think Joe is going to have the most career losses and least amount of tourney appearances of any 4 year player since the 60s or 70s so there's that.
There’s more I attribute that to than his play/effort.

We’re a tattered program relying on a billionaire to manufacturer relevance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom