If scoop had the game mcw had today | Syracusefan.com

If scoop had the game mcw had today

I'm getting a little sick of MCW. Only a little though, so far...

Kid has all the potential in the world, let's hope he gets it together in time for March.

"Thered already be a 10 page thread on here about it."

I have a feeling this one might get there

But to MCW's credit he is a hell of a rebounder. He needs to stop shooting so much though

MCW is also in his first actual year where he actually plays. First BE road game. yeah he sucked. but scoop had a few more of these types of games much later into his career.

MCW is also in his first actual year where he actually plays. First BE road game. yeah he sucked. but scoop had a few more of these types of games much later into his career.
Do you still think Triche sucks?

MCW needs to be a facilitator, board as much as possible, and limit his shooting...especially when cold to no more than 7-9 shots a game...if he makes 3 of 5 than continue to shoot...but 1/13 is really hurting the team; infact, on breakout with Triche on his right, MCW felt the need to score and had ball knocked out rather than pass...he is an excellent PG as asst leader, defense and rebounding...time to stop the bucket full of shots that miss net.

Scoop was smart enough to stop shooting after a while MCW was still chucking late into the game.

This is the dumbest thread ever he went up against one of the best PGs in the nation today and seriously outplayed him. Grow up this is moronic bitching about MCW. Fact is MCW went up against one of the other 20 best PGs in College Basketball and actually had a better game than him despite the 1-13 shooting.

Collins is a great PG who did not have a better game than MCW today ya he scored 7 to MCW's 4 but they had the same assists, MCW had twice the rebounds and steals and MCW's D was far better. Collins only took 2 ing shots (made both) because MCW had him in his pocket.

Come back to me if you can dream up a scenario where Scoop goes 1-13 from the field and manages to outplay another NBA level PG. (Collins will absolutely be on NBA radars for the 2015 draft and a household name by then unless he flunks out or something.)

Guys..when Scoop was a sophomore he averaged 22 minutes a game off the bench, and was academically a junior at the time. Not to mention he played more as a freshman than MCW did, by about 15 minutes more per game. MCW as a soph has been handed the keys and plays about 36mpg and is relied on a lot more than Scoop was.

We have a pure sophomore PG (who basically didn't play in year 1), there's going to be some growing pains, taper your expectations for him a tad.

Most of his shots today were fine. We just need him to finish more consistently when he goes to the basket. I think he does a fine job (usually) deciding to take it to the rim, he's just got to start finishing or getting to the FT line on those plays.

Most of his shots today were fine. We just need him to finish more consistently when he goes to the basket. I think he does a fine job (usually) deciding to take it to the rim, he's just got to start finishing or getting to the FT line on those plays.
Agreed. Hard to be mad when he gets to the rim and has a guy who's 6 inches shorter than him guarding him, he definitely has to finish stronger, but I don't remember many of shots being out of control. In fact, I was shocked when I saw he took 13 shots, I thought he only took about 7.

Funny how when he got here last year, he was thought to be pretty much a 2 exclusively. Heard him described as a poor man's Austin Rivers.

Scoring is about the only thing he struggles with.

The only real issues I had with his shots and decisions where:
Not passing to Brandon on that one break.
One pretty unnecessary 3.

Thered already be a 10 page thread on here about it.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

And Triche has had some days like that.

I'm glad to see him play well especially because if he hadn't we would probably have lost to USF.

But Mr. Consistency he hasn't been

This is the dumbest thread ever he went up against one of the best PGs in the nation today and seriously outplayed him. Grow up this is moronic bitching about MCW. Fact is MCW went up against one of the other 20 best PGs in College Basketball and actually had a better game than him despite the 1-13 shooting.

Collins is a great PG who did not have a better game than MCW today ya he scored 7 to MCW's 4 but they had the same assists, MCW had twice the rebounds and steals and MCW's D was far better. Collins only took 2 ******* shots (made both) because MCW had him in his pocket.

Come back to me if you can dream up a scenario where Scoop goes 1-13 from the field and manages to outplay another NBA level PG. (Collins will absolutely be on NBA radars for the 2015 draft and a household name by then unless he flunks out or something.)

Bitching about the "bitching" is more moronic than the original bitching. "Fact" is, MCW had a bad game. Doesn't matter against whom it came. It was a bad performance, and there's nothing wrong with acknowledging it.

• Wouldn't call Collins a "great PG."
• 7 pts versus 4 is not a significant difference. Missing 12 shots from the field in arriving at your 4 points is significant. Missing 10 shots more than your opponent is significant. Without an offensive rebound, those are lost possessions.
• Any argument that has at its foundation the phrase "despite the 1-13 shooting" is specious at best.

That said, MCW did a lot of good things today, and just didn't convert on a lot of shots he should be expected to make. Those things will come around. My personal feeling is that he's far too concerned about working on his draft profile, and pressing for the wrong reasons is leaving him tight. Not good for our team, and as he continues to try to make up for the misses, he continues to make selfish decisions. He would be a much better player for us if he averaged 8-9 assists in league play + 10 pts and 5 rebounds — NOT 20 points a game. Looks like he definitely wants to jump this year, regardless.

Most of his shots today were fine. We just need him to finish more consistently when he goes to the basket.

The scouting reports are showing that MCW is not good at finishing with his left hand. He left 8-10 pts on the board simply because he could not bank in a running layup with his off hand. Opponents are starting to key on this. Scoop, for all his faults, was good at converting when he got by his man.

MCW is pressing too hard. He's read his press clippings, and he's gotten a bit carried away with them. At the moment, he's a lottery pick in what promises to be a weak draft. All he needs to do is do what he does best... and he will remain there. He's not going to improve his draft position. All he can do is worsen it ... by trying to play a game that is not his.

MCW is pressing too hard. He's read his press clippings, and he's gotten a bit carried away with them. At the moment, he's a lottery pick in what promises to be a weak draft. All he needs to do is do what he does best... and he will remain there. He's not going to improve his draft position. All he can do is worsen it ... by trying to play a game that is not his.

He damn we ll better stop reading the clippings. Just play ball.

Collins is a great PG who did not have a better game than MCW today ya he scored 7 to MCW's 4 but they had the same assists, MCW had twice the rebounds and steals and MCW's D was far better. Collins only took 2 ******* shots (made both) because MCW had him in his pocket.

Yes MCW had what 10 Rebs? Good. His defense is what let 2 or 3 of those early 3pts. get off. As for shutting down Collins, it was MCW and Triche putting him in a pincher when he tried to go into the paint. Obviously he couldn't finish a drive today if you gave him a book of directions.
MCW had a subpar game. I don't know why you feel you have to make it something it wasn't.

Bitching about the "bitching" is more moronic than the original bitching. "Fact" is, MCW had a bad game. Doesn't matter against whom it came. It was a bad performance, and there's nothing wrong with acknowledging it.

• Wouldn't call Collins a "great PG."
• 7 pts versus 4 is not a significant difference. Missing 12 shots from the field in arriving at your 4 points is significant. Missing 10 shots more than your opponent is significant. Without an offensive rebound, those are lost possessions.
• Any argument that has at its foundation the phrase "despite the 1-13 shooting" is specious at best.

That said, MCW did a lot of good things today, and just didn't convert on a lot of shots he should be expected to make. Those things will come around. My personal feeling is that he's far too concerned about working on his draft profile, and pressing for the wrong reasons is leaving him tight. Not good for our team, and as he continues to try to make up for the misses, he continues to make selfish decisions. He would be a much better player for us if he averaged 8-9 assists in league play + 10 pts and 5 rebounds — NOT 20 points a game. Looks like he definitely wants to jump this year, regardless.

Come on this is ridiculous and my bitching about bitching is completely justified when you are slamming this kid saying he is trying to score 20 a game and only cares about getting drafted. I am sure you have some crazy theories about the Lord and Taylor incident changing him, and maybe he hates Boeheim yada yada yada too. Leading the nation in assists isn't enough for a kid JB couldn't trust last year I guess got to dig for something to criticize... Honestly, I knew MCW had the best player in college ball high end game we saw early in the year. BUt I wasn't sure we'd see it this season I thought he was going to need another year and if we wanted to see that player in Orange we better hope he didn't play his way into a lottery pick. But he did it right off the bat.

The kid is playing his balls off for SU and today when it wasn't working for him busted his ass defensively creating multiple turnovers during the most important part of the game. Of course most people on here weren't applauding the tie up he had on a USF rebound get us the ball back, they were still mad he didn't make the pass to Triche.

Last year JB could not trust MCW with meaningful minutes. This year he started the season off as the best player in the country. The truth is obviously in the middle. MCW himself finding a medium between the 2 was always going to look a little weird since he was so amazing early on.

Now the kid can't miss some free throws without people thinking he is evil I don't see how someone this young and still RAW can't get a break from his "fans."

He had a bad game by his standards yet managed to shut down a top PG and limit him to 2 FG attempted and grabbed 9 boards as a PG. His D was great down the stretch. GEt off the back of a kid busting his ass for our school who in a matter of months has had to adjust from riding the pine to the expectations of being one of the best players in the country.

Nice to see you are bending over backwards to praise Brandon after he had maybe his best game of his SU career. Convenient. When he goes 3-14 one night and misses some FTs with a couple mad turnovers mixed in I am sure he'll be selfish again.

MCW is working hard he has too many assists to be selfish since he's leading the country in them and his D is the best I have ever seen from anyone at the top of the zone what more can you ask so what he had a bad shooting night?

We grinded out a win on the road against a sweet 16 team that had just about all their players back. That means a lot to me.

How many Gtown and Marquette players had bad shooting days yesterday in a similar game? Almost all of them.

The scouting reports are showing that MCW is not good at finishing with his left hand. He left 8-10 pts on the board simply because he could not bank in a running layup with his off hand. Opponents are starting to key on this. Scoop, for all his faults, was good at converting when he got by his man.

Running theme this year - guys who can't use the off-hand and miss a ton of layups with the inside hand.

That blocked layup in the first half was ugly.

Come on this is ridiculous and my bitching about bitching is completely justified when you are slamming this kid saying he is trying to score 20 a game and only cares about getting drafted. I am sure you have some crazy theories about the Lord and Taylor incident changing him, and maybe he hates Boeheim yada yada yada too. Leading the nation in assists isn't enough for a kid JB couldn't trust last year I guess got to dig for something to criticize... Honestly, I knew MCW had the best player in college ball high end game we saw early in the year. BUt I wasn't sure we'd see it this season I thought he was going to need another year and if we wanted to see that player in Orange we better hope he didn't play his way into a lottery pick. But he did it right off the bat.

The kid is playing his balls off for SU and today when it wasn't working for him busted his ass defensively creating multiple turnovers during the most important part of the game. Of course most people on here weren't applauding the tie up he had on a USF rebound get us the ball back, they were still mad he didn't make the pass to Triche.

Last year JB could not trust MCW with meaningful minutes. This year he started the season off as the best player in the country. The truth is obviously in the middle. MCW himself finding a medium between the 2 was always going to look a little weird since he was so amazing early on.

Now the kid can't miss some free throws without people thinking he is evil I don't see how someone this young and still RAW can't get a break from his "fans."

He had a bad game by his standards yet managed to shut down a top PG and limit him to 2 FG attempted and grabbed 9 boards as a PG. His D was great down the stretch. GEt off the back of a kid busting his ass for our school who in a matter of months has had to adjust from riding the pine to the expectations of being one of the best players in the country.

Nice to see you are bending over backwards to praise Brandon after he had maybe his best game of his SU career. Convenient. When he goes 3-14 one night and misses some FTs with a couple mad turnovers mixed in I am sure he'll be selfish again.

MCW is working hard he has too many assists to be selfish since he's leading the country in them and his D is the best I have ever seen from anyone at the top of the zone what more can you ask so what he had a bad shooting night?

We grinded out a win on the road against a sweet 16 team that had just about all their players back. That means a lot to me.

How many Gtown and Marquette players had bad shooting days yesterday in a similar game? Almost all of them.

Based on your select few posts thus far on the site that I've read, I can tell you will have a notorious future here at the board, which is fortunate because we had recently lost some of the more entertaining posters. You combine slight anger, irrelevant points, accusations, and exaggerations in your points to make them come across as forced. You're sorta like a Bjorn on steroids.

I can also tell you have some sort of agenda against Triche between this comment and your response in Tomcat's thread where you took the popular internet forum method of bashing a player by seeming to compliment him. It reads as follows (it was in response to CTO telling everyone to enjoy Brandon while we have him):

Very good post. This team is lacking that leader (CJ, Big Game James, and MCW can all go cold at any given time...and if they are cold you don't want them to have to create their own shot against a team that has taken momentum) and it is automatically Brandon. Embrace him growing into the role since this team needs it to be him who can settle us down and get an easy bucket or two if we look rattled and the other team goes on a run.

Personality doesn't really matter just because the other guys have a little more talent than him. And he is the leader by default but he's playing next to 3 great players in MCW James and CJ they don't need a ra ra vocal leader just someone who gets an easy 2 to calm everyone down when thing aren't going great offensively.

I apologize if I misinterpret, but that sure seems to be you slamming Brandon by pretending to give him props.

Either way, I look forward to more of your entertaining posts, and this is my contribution toward making this thread 10 pages as well. :)

Guys..when Scoop was a sophomore he averaged 22 minutes a game off the bench, and was academically a junior at the time. Not to mention he played more as a freshman than MCW did, by about 15 minutes more per game. MCW as a soph has been handed the keys and plays about 36mpg and is relied on a lot more than Scoop was.

We have a pure sophomore PG (who basically didn't play in year 1), there's going to be some growing pains, taper your expectations for him a tad.

I think the point was more that Scoop was a good player who got absolutely trashed if he had a bad game, bad half or, God forbid, made a bad play or two late in a close game. Comparing Scoop to MCW and saying MCW is better is fine but I think the point is that people didn't realize/forget that Scoop was a pretty good player in his own right.

Running theme this year - guys who can't use the off-hand and miss a ton of layups with the inside hand.

That blocked layup in the first half was ugly.

As was Triche's attempted reverse on the left side with his right hand. Ouch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom