If scoop had the game mcw had today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If scoop had the game mcw had today

As was Triche's attempted reverse on the left side with his right hand. Ouch.

On that first-half break - had forgotten that one.

Very odd play in an otherwise very good performance. Suppose he was counting on a whistle there.

On that first-half break - had forgotten that one.

Very odd play in an otherwise very good performance. Suppose he was counting on a whistle there.

Just weird he didn't use the left there. He may have even been able to finish it pretty easily. But yeah, great performance from him. I may have to eat a lot of crow on my BT statements from the past year or so if he keeps this up.

MCW had a bad game and that's fine. What was most annoying to me happened at the end of the game. Clearly JB had told the team to make sure that Brandon got the ball on the inbounds to make sure the best free throw shooting guard had the ball when USF started fouling. But MCW kept calling for the ball and got himself into a situation where he missed the front end of a one and one. I didn't understand that one at all.

Just weird he didn't use the left there. He may have even been able to finish it pretty easily. But yeah, great performance from him. I may have to eat a lot of crow on my BT statements from the past year or so if he keeps this up.

And he - unlike many of his teammates - has used the off hand successfully (even had a nice left-handed finish yesterday). Weird attempt earlier in the game.

Great job from Triche. We really needed that yesterday. I'll be happy to eat crow if this continues for the rest of the season (my take: talented role player with a high ceiling and a low floor who is going to fluctuate between the two extremes). If Triche plays at this level, our season will probably be extended.

And he - unlike many of his teammates - has used the off hand successfully (even had a nice left-handed finish yesterday). Weird attempt earlier in the game.

Great job from Triche. We really needed that yesterday. I'll be happy to eat crow if this continues for the rest of the season (my take: talented role player with a high ceiling and a low floor who is going to fluctuate between the two extremes). If Triche plays at this level, our season will probably be extended.
One of the TV talking heads referred to Brandon as a "power guard" -- which was apt yesterday. The USF guards (especially Collins) are clever and quick, but undersized. Against that team (and many others), Brandon can use his strength and size to get inside, to help on the boards, to finish inside, to get the mid-range jumper.
If you want to say "talented role player", you can likely say the same for Southerland and Fair.

Off topic, it was said yesterday during the game that we are the tallest team in the country. How do they figure that, measure the starting lineup and take the average ?

I think the point was more that Scoop was a good player who got absolutely trashed if he had a bad game, bad half or, God forbid, made a bad play or two late in a close game. Comparing Scoop to MCW and saying MCW is better is fine but I think the point is that people didn't realize/forget that Scoop was a pretty good player in his own right.

exactly. scoop's junior and senior year he got absolutely destroyed on here just about any time he made a bad play. yes this is mcw's first year starting, but its not like hes 19 years old, hes 21. and he showed signs of immaturity and being a "me first" player last year complaining about playing time down the stretch when we were having our best regular season ever. scoop was a great teammate, great leader on and off the court, and made alot of big plays for us in big situations. i hated "bad scoop" just as much as the next guy, but the abuse he took on here was ridiculous.

exactly. scoop's junior and senior year he got absolutely destroyed on here just about any time he made a bad play. yes this is mcw's first year starting, but its not like hes 19 years old, hes 21. and he showed signs of immaturity and being a "me first" player last year complaining about playing time down the stretch when we were having our best regular season ever. scoop was a great teammate, great leader on and off the court, and made alot of big plays for us in big situations. i hated "bad scoop" just as much as the next guy, but the abuse he took on here was ridiculous.
Triche was the whipping boy, but now he's in beast mode. I think MCW is slowly getting more and more of the Scoop treatment. The Lord and Taylor fiasco and a few stinkers have put him in that category. Now he's "auditioning for the pro's". It's just a snow ball effect, he will overcome this and be great down the road I have total confidence in him.

Off topic, it was said yesterday during the game that we are the tallest team in the country. How do they figure that, measure the starting lineup and take the average ?

We have Jerami Grant.

Yeah, good point on the age. I forgot to mention that. Someone posted that he barely played last year, but he logged like 250 minutes -- obviously not a ton but that is a good amount of experience in a game where there are a lot of 18 and 19-year-olds getting huge minutes.

exactly. scoop's junior and senior year he got absolutely destroyed on here just about any time he made a bad play. yes this is mcw's first year starting, but its not like hes 19 years old, hes 21. and he showed signs of immaturity ... scoop was a great teammate, great leader on and off the court, and made alot of big plays for us in big situations... the abuse he took on here was ridiculous.
I agree about Scoop -- turned into a much better leader than people expected; closed out a lot of tough wins; earned a lot a respect and should have had even more.

MCW started out with a halo effect, and now is a bit tarnished. He does a lot of things well (rebounding and assists, particularly), and the rest depends on how he responds and whether he can make smart plays and cut down on the selfish ones. Yes, he is 21 -- and still, it is his first time through the challenges that the Big East presents. He is our guy --

It's less about bad shots and just bad finishing right now. He is struggling with the 5-8 feet chippies that require the backboard. And yet with his size and agility those are shots he can generate easily. its hard to argue that he should not be taking those shots.

It's less about bad shots and just bad finishing right now. He is struggling with the 5-8 feet chippies that require the backboard. And yet with his size and agility those are shots he can generate easily. its hard to argue that he should not be taking those shots.

yup. if he can start knocking down those little runners and floaters in the lane he'll be virtually unstoppable.

yup. if he can start knocking down those little runners and floaters in the lane he'll be virtually unstoppable.
But you need to know when you are missing. Then you give the ball up. And you don't shoot an early 3. The guy is a coaches kid and has lived basketball. One of his supposed strengthes is his basketball IQ. We shouldn't have to be telling him this. And the fact that we are gives the conspiracy theorists, the ones who say he is all about stats for the league, some good ammo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom