If someone asked you what the biggest difference in Cuse now vs earlier this season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If someone asked you what the biggest difference in Cuse now vs earlier this season

Funny, somebody did ask JB this question in a recent post game PC. I recall he roundly rejected the idea that the team has improved at all.

Funny, somebody did ask JB this question in a recent post game PC. I recall he roundly rejected the idea that the team has improved at all.
Well, making shots (as opposed to not making shots) is improvement, right? ;)

was just discussing this with some others...wanna know what else has been surprising...at least to me

Buddy has a lot more MF’er in him than I ever thought. Confident kid. He’s more Jim than Julie...at least on the court.

Agree. A big difference too is Buddy successfully driving to the hoop. That’s a huge change the last 4 or 5 games in addition to the emphasis on rebounding.

This year we are scoring, or have the capability to score, from anywhere (up to 24 feet).

The last few years, we scored only on occasional dunks/layups, free throws and shots within 3 feet (either way) of the 3-point line.

That was a lot of basketball square footage that did not have to be seriously defended by the opposition.

We were the baseball equivalent of a dead pull hitter and our opponents put on the shift.

Last point: this year, we mostly have 4.5 scorers on offense (Sidibe 0.5). Last year, we had just 4.0 (0.5 for Marek and 0.5 for Chukwu).

That 0.5 “extra” threat is important for this offense. Makes one wonder what we could accomplish if we had 5.0 scorers.

From the professor's mouth:

“We are so much better right now because we play much better defense, we play better in the offense, but most importantly, all seven guys who played today all played together. That’s the key to our team’s success.”

Essentially what JB is saying our success is the result of scoring more points on offense than the defense is allowing on defense. This is why JB is a hall-of-famer. People get hung on the details and lose sight on what is important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom