If SU goes to the ACC... | Syracusefan.com

If SU goes to the ACC...

M

MooseHaas

Man am I going to miss that trip to Milwaukee to play Marquette...

[in all seriousness, it will suck not having the Big East tourney in MSG, but I can get over everything else].

I hate the ACC.
This will, effectively, destroy any affinity i have for college athletics.

I've always been opposed to the 'pay the players' concept. It's just not what college sports is supposed to be about. But, now, schools are essentially chasing money. Not so different. This is equally disappointing and disgusting.

And, as a 'fan,' i still don't see what the ACC offers. It's not a football powerhouse. And, basketball? The Big East is superior both in depth and with the quality of the numerous matchups. As far as Greensboro goes for a conference championship... Well, i have no interest.

I also will be disappointed if this move happens. I don't feel like we gain very much in this move. I keep hearing stability but where do you thinks the sec turns. I hope this falls apart. I don't get the big east being passive either. I'm so tired of these conferences chasing more cash.

If you're a Syracuse basketball fan it would be dumb not to root for us to get into ACC. We will absolutely dominate Northeast recruiting if that happens. We're a good program but honestly, we can't yet compete with Kentucky or UNC/Duke on the recruiting front.

If Pitt/'Cuse join ACC, then WVA probably goes SEC. At that point Big East is pretty much relegated to a tier 2 mid-major conference. There is no way that 'Nova and Georgetown (possibly UCONN too if they get left behind) will be able to recruit against us. It will be like a recruit today choosing between playing in either the Atlantic-10 or the Big East.

This move is terrible for everyone staying in Big East except us and Pitt. Trust me if we don't go another school in BE will happily take our place. In that case we will end-up a mid major and not them.

Yeah the only thing bad about this is the loss of MSG.

Hell if the BE folds that may not come to pass either.

If you're a Syracuse basketball fan it would be dumb not to root for us to get into ACC. We will absolutely dominate Northeast recruiting if that happens. We're a good program but honestly, we can't yet compete with Kentucky or UNC/Duke on the recruiting front.

If Pitt/'Cuse join ACC, then WVA probably goes SEC. At that point Big East is pretty much relegated to a tier 2 mid-major conference. There is no way that 'Nova and Georgetown (possibly UCONN too if they get left behind) will be able to recruit against us. It will be like a recruit today choosing between playing in either the Atlantic-10 or the Big East.

This move is terrible for everyone staying in Big East except us and Pitt. Trust me if we don't go another school in BE will happily take our place. In that case we will end-up a mid major and not them.

I agree, it is what it is

Big East Tournament is definitely a bummer, but at the same it will be pretty awesome to invade greensboro with orange

They will definitely play big east teams still
also as a MA resident I will welcome back BC games every year

If we are in a division with no Duke or UNC then our only competition to win that division is Pitt who will not be allowed to continue its strong arm tactics in ACC play. I think we win that division easily most seasons and give Duke and UNC all they can handle.

This brings up an even bigger negative. The ACC will go to two divisions and throw us into one with Pitt (who I loath) and a bunch of other garbage. We won't get home and homes with UNC and Duke. This will just completely suck in all ways.

This brings up an even bigger negative. The ACC will go to two divisions and throw us into one with Pitt (who I loath) and a bunch of other garbage. We won't get home and homes with UNC and Duke. This will just completely suck in all ways.

yes, we have to resign ourselves to the fact that there is little chance that we'll get home-and-homes with Duke or UNC.

I hate the ACC.
This will, effectively, destroy any affinity i have for college athletics.

I've always been opposed to the 'pay the players' concept. It's just not what college sports is supposed to be about. But, now, schools are essentially chasing money. Not so different. This is equally disappointing and disgusting.

And, as a 'fan,' i still don't see what the ACC offers. It's not a football powerhouse. And, basketball? The Big East is superior both in depth and with the quality of the numerous matchups. As far as Greensboro goes for a conference championship... Well, i have no interest.

Good, maybe you will root for someone else sooner rather than later

Who would win an ACC north / A-10 challenge?

I wouldn't expect divisional standings, only divisional scheduling. 2*6 + 7 = 19 games.

If that's too many then perhaps they'll just have all schools play round robin plus 4 or 5 select games. It'd be clear that the top teams would have a tougher schedule as they'd be matched up for high profile TV games. Sound familiar?

I wouldn't expect divisional standings, only divisional scheduling. 2*6 + 7 = 19 games.

If that's too many then perhaps they'll just have all schools play round robin plus 4 or 5 select games. It'd be clear that the top teams would have a tougher schedule as they'd be matched up for high profile TV games. Sound familiar?

this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom