If Texas and Okie leave for the Pac 10 why would any | Syracusefan.com

If Texas and Okie leave for the Pac 10 why would any

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Big East team leave for the Big 12, it would be a disaster of a conference...

They wouldn't. Some posters are just not thinking this through logically. BE will raid the Big 12, not the other way around.

The Big 12 will be dead in a matter of weeks or days. Stick a fork in them. Between the SWC and now, they were a hell of a conference for both FB and BB. Either there's a break away BE-B12 all-sports alliance, or SU can say hello to the ACC

T Boone Pickens must be going nuts right now. His school being left out of this and in limbo.

T Boone Pickens must be going nuts right now. His school being left out of this and in limbo.

Okie State is not going to be left anywhere without Oklahoma. They are a package.

boonie better buy O.U. a new weight room to make sure they are a package deal.things are just way to crazy right now.
aTm and Texas were supposed to be "partners forever"

I believe Okie and Okie Lite have a mutual board of regents.

Big 12 is dead Dan Beebe is a worse commissioner than John Marinatto by not pushing for equal revenue distribution last year when Nebraska left. You could see he was hitching his wagon to Texas and that was his downfall.
Oklahoma, Okie State, Texas Tech, and Texas will be gone to the Pac-16, the LHN will become the regional cable television for the Pac-16, Mizzou will beg there way into the SEC with aTm to get them up to 14. Kansas and Kansas State for sure will likely become teams 10 and 11 in the Big East the question will be does the Big East add Central Florida, Iowa State, Baylor, or Houston as the 12th team. The Big East will play a championship game at the team with a better conference record's homefield and all BCS conferences will have a championship game. The B1G will not expand unless Notre Dame is part of the expansion. The ACC will not expand unless they lose a team because there is no value in any of the Big East/Big 12 teams left. Remember the entire expansion process is being done for $$$ not geography its all about value unless the teams added increase the money distribution/pie chart that surpasses what each school is making now then the conference won't do it. When Nebraska joined the B1G the conference generated 25 million more a year by adding a championship game that 25 million per year justified the B1G expansion's. People thinking the B1G will expand are not looking at that. Sadly Syracuse, nor Pitt, Rutgers or even Missouri bring enough value to the B1G that is over 25 million per year. The only way SU could bring that value is if the entire state of NY added the BTN on their basic cable and the B1G was able to generate $1.oo a month on the cable servers, but as we know the YES network was fought TOOTH and NAIL to be included and the Yankees are the most popular team in NY. So SU, Rutgers and Pitt will never get into the B1G unless Notre Dame goes and the demand whichever school they want, but my feeling is that unless Missouri has joined the SEC the B1G's dream scenario is Notre Dame as 13th member, Missouri 14th member and if they wanted 16 teams then Maryland 15th member and Pittsburgh 16th member.
The Big East just needs to add KU, K-State pick a 12th and get a HUGE offer from either NBC Sports/Versus, FOX/FX, and ESPN and get enough $$$$ to keep the football schools happy because right now Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette, DePaul are parasites living off UConn, Syracuse, West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida, Rutgers, and if the football schools don't exert their influence then its over for SU.

I still think all of this leads to an expanded ACC with SU, BC, MD, Va Tech, Pitt, and I guess, Rutgers and UConn in the Northern Division.

I still think all of this leads to expanded ACC with SU, BC, MD, Va Tech, Pitt, and I guess, Rutgers and UConn in the Northern Division.

This is what I've been hoping would happen. But if the Big 10 decides to go to 16, I think at least two of those schools would get the invite and make the jump in a heartbeat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom