If the phone rings, but no one picks up...did it really ring? | Syracusefan.com

If the phone rings, but no one picks up...did it really ring?

arbitragegls

All Conference
A weekend with not so much a whisper of what is taking place...EXCEPT being told it really is moving forward--to what end no one really knows at this point what the final outcome will be. The adds and deletions are in and strategies are in hand waiting for tactics to follow...and the discussion is not with universities but with ACC and ESPN...that's all I know for now. Sort of quiet before the storm...

(and no Jack and Coke for a several hours...heading back to south Fl waiting for questions to be answered--sorry that's all i got)

But there's nothing new in that report. We want definitive answers. Dammit to hell.

Kind of goes along with my thread from yesterday that was not based on any insider facts. I believed the biggest/most important variable in all of this was ESPN. So it's good to hear that they might be talking.

If the ESPN doesn't come through with something the ACC is going to be picked off completely.

LMAO if the $50 million from Maryland pays for the creation of the ACC network. If no network, ACC gets picked apart like "Alsacs" predicted in previous threads. However, I do not think that ESPN wants to lose 2 conferences it once owned within 1 year.

Personally everyone thinks Rutgers & Maryland are winners. Sure they are but the biggest winner here is FOX in this latest move. If ESPN allows for more carnage to occur on the East Coast - checkmate FOX.

To me the best thing that the latest move by the B10 is that it should increase the value of the ACC in a big way in terms of media markets. In reality, the ACC hasn't lost too many cable sets - yet - except in NJ maybe. If ESPN & the ACC network doesn't work out, the only thing left in terms of value to ESPN is the SEC network - that's it folks - because all FOX needs to do is buy the SEC network when it's up and the FOX owns it all and WINS the war.

Finally everyone answer this question for me - if we do end up with 4x16 team conferences, where does the PAC 12 gets its last 4 teams? Right now the PAC12 is losing this battle and will be the 2nd tier league to the Big10 & SEC - and they really need another hotbed to recruit from and add big time to their cable subscriber base - and that state has to be Texas.

To me U of Texas is the domino that has to fall to end all of this madness.

If additional schools are added does it cause for a contract renegotiation with ESPN? If so, any chance the ACC can turn it down and open up talks with NBC?

NBC Sports can be the home of the ACC and coupled with them already having ND could start an ACC/ND network. Also perhaps they can have a NBC Soccer Channel with EPL and ACC soccer games.

I'm guessing the answer is no, but it seems like it would be the easiest route to more money.

We are screwed with the stupid Raycom contract. What a stupid move.

LMAO if the $50 million from Maryland pays for the creation of the ACC network. If no network, ACC gets picked apart like "Alsacs" predicted in previous threads. However, I do not think that ESPN wants to lose 2 conferences it once owned within 1 year.

Personally everyone thinks Rutgers & Maryland are winners. Sure they are but the biggest winner here is FOX in this latest move. If ESPN allows for more carnage to occur on the East Coast - checkmate FOX.

To me the best thing that the latest move by the B10 is that it should increase the value of the ACC in a big way in terms of media markets. In reality, the ACC hasn't lost too many cable sets - yet - except in NJ maybe. If ESPN & the ACC network doesn't work out, the only thing left in terms of value to ESPN is the SEC network - that's it folks - because all FOX needs to do is buy the SEC network when it's up and the FOX owns it all and WINS the war.

Finally everyone answer this question for me - if we do end up with 4x16 team conferences, where does the PAC 12 gets its last 4 teams? Right now the PAC12 is losing this battle and will be the 2nd tier league to the Big10 & SEC - and they really need another hotbed to recruit from and add big time to their cable subscriber base - and that state has to be Texas.

To me U of Texas is the domino that has to fall to end all of this madness.
That's why I've said Texas, Notre Dame , Oklahoma, Florida St, Miami, Clemson need to think of self preservation. Texas , Notre Dame need to quit acting like the spoiled only child, and realize if they don't get all those schools in the same league, the Big 10 and SEC will swallow everyone.

We are screwed with the stupid Raycom contract. What a stupid move.

Swoffords son.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

who called and who didn't answer?

hello-yes-this-is-dog.png