If Tisdale is back this Saturday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If Tisdale is back this Saturday...

If a guy like Red isn't ready yet, you wonder if he ever will. Thought people were high on him.
I don't know. When it takes two opt outs and an injury for a generational talent like Sean Tucker to see the field... kind of makes you wonder. I mean... they started Ryan Alexander over Bergeron for more than half a year... who knows?

If a guy like Red isn't ready yet, you wonder if he ever will. Thought people were high on him.
It shouldn’t take lineman 4-5 years to get ready to see the field. It’s the result of poor recruiting and coaching. This staff is still relying on players it recruited in 2016 and still cannot adequately replace those players when they get injured.

So why is he starting?
I think coaches tend to cling to the known a lot. Maybe too much.

I am trying not to rip Tisdale. Saturday was an absolute nightmare for him but watching him, he was moving around gingerly and I am 99% sure he was playing hurt to try and help his team.

It isn't his fault the coaches decided he was the best option and never even tried to give another player a chance.

Still hoping to see Cruz get a shot. Or Bradford or Red. Or start Ilaoa at center and move Servais to RT. They cannot be successful with the OL they used on Saturday. That was an historic failure and it was against a mediocre defensive line.

I am trying not to rip Tisdale. Saturday was an absolute nightmare for him but watching him, he was moving around gingerly and I am 99% sure he was playing hurt to try and help his team.

It isn't his fault the coaches decided he was the best option and never even tried to give another player a chance.

Still hoping to see Cruz get a shot. Or Bradford or Red. Or start Ilaoa at center and move Servais to RT. They cannot be successful with the OL they used on Saturday. That was an historic failure and it was against a mediocre defensive line.

I think it is time for Cruz.

Yeah, not all that fair to Tisdale to throw him right in for every snap in his first game back. Especially given he struggled before the injury.

Doesn't say much about the staff's confidence in Ilaoa at center with Servais at RT, or Red/Bradford at tackle.

Hopefully Bleich is back this week. Otherwise, yeah, why not at least give Cruz some snaps?

Are they afraid that someone will get a worse rating than 0.0?

I don't know. When it takes two opt outs and an injury for a generational talent like Sean Tucker to see the field... kind of makes you wonder. I mean... they started Ryan Alexander over Bergeron for more than half a year... who knows?

He’d maybe still be riding the bench if last year didn’t happen.

Alexander is somewhat of a scapegoat. He was our 3rd best graded oline in 19. Berg was our lowest graded pass blocking olineman. He wasn't quite ready yet.

Agreed. Tucker would have never played. Why didnt Cooper play earlier. Why was the rugby 2nd string punter, what took alford so long to see the field and Mikel wasn't even listed as a starter in the spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom