if virginia or duke is the 1 in the east | Syracusefan.com

if virginia or duke is the 1 in the east

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
can we be the 2/3 in the east? i think if either of those teams run the table they get east 1.

Yeah, MSG is pretty much gone. But as others have been saying since last night, this team isn't really in the position now to be worrying/complaining about where it will be playing.
Really sucks for those who bought tix, though.

then i dont think we're getting the east, id be very surprised if uva or duke doesnt win acc tourny.

i dont see how they dont give virginia a 1 if they run the table. they'd be a fluke 3 by duke from going 21-0 in the freakin acc.

I don't really want to see any more acc teams, give me Witchita or Florida

I don't really care what seed we get or where we play. If we keep playing the way we have, we won't see the sweet 16. We've lost to two teams that won't make the NIT in our last 5 games.

All I care about is getting healthy/rested and starting to hit open shots again.

What if SU finishes 4th in the ACC? MSG is still possible, although undesirable at that point.

If we beat FSU, I think whoever gets the furthest in the ACC Tournament (Syracuse, Duke, UVA) gets MSG as the 2 seed. Outside shot at a 1 if other teams falter and one of us three win the ACC Tourney.

If we beat FSU, I think whoever gets the furthest in the ACC Tournament (Syracuse, Duke, UVA) gets MSG as the 2 seed. Outside shot at a 1 if other teams falter and one of us three win the ACC Tourney.

I tend to agree with this, except for SU having the opportunity for the number 1. I think the "eye test" over the last few weeks will keep us down somewhat regardless of what our end record turns out to be.

If we beat fsu and win the acct I think we get one.

depends what kansas does. if syracuse and kansas both win out kansas will get it.

If we win out we will probably pick up 3 or 4 more top 50 wins, which would give us 12. If we have four losses and kansas has 7, we would get the nod.

Yes, NYC is still a possibility.

There was a change in seeding rules. The odds would be better if UVA is the 1 or 2 and not Duke. See press release:

"This means that teams from the same conference that played only once during the season can now face each other as early as the third round of the championship. Subsequently, teams from the same league that met twice during the year will not potentially play each other until the regional semifinals. Also, teams from the same league that played each other three times during the course of the season cannot play until the regional championship game." http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...s-bracketing-guidelines-division-i-tournament

Yes, NYC is still a possibility.

There was a change in seeding rules. The odds would be better if UVA is the 1 or 2 and not Duke. See press release:

"This means that teams from the same conference that played only once during the season can now face each other as early as the third round of the championship. Subsequently, teams from the same league that met twice during the year will not potentially play each other until the regional semifinals. Also, teams from the same league that played each other three times during the course of the season cannot play until the regional championship game." http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...s-bracketing-guidelines-division-i-tournament

They changed that rule, now they can meet in the elite 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom