if we beat notre dame | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

if we beat notre dame

I never said we overscheduled. Just that we don’t chose the right teams. We play Georgetown home and home and they have outplayed us every game despite not sniffing an NCAA bid during that time. We should have gone back to Nova as the home and home BE foe given their 2 National titles recently and the opportunity to be the team with nothing to lose. You win it’s excellent you lose it’s a good loss. We do not get that with Georgetown at all.

We have no control over B1G opponent. Given our geographical location playing another might not be a bad idea. We’ve played huge games against their blue bloods over the years.

When was the last tournament we played in that was a destination? Atlantis and Maui were a while ago. We have yet to participate in one of the similar ones. The uconn msg games were terrible and we found something similar but worse this year.

Home games vs small programs have been fine but I clearly wasn’t griping about that part of the OOC schedule.
Out playing a team usually involves out scoring them doesn't it? As I said, we have beat them at least 2 of the last 3. We play in NYC because the coach thinks that playing locally gives us the best recruiting advantage. In 1995/96 I went and watched the Orange play in Hawaii. We played Rhode Island and UMass (along with Ill.) Going far away doesn't insure who you are going to play.

Take a look at the ACC standings. Take a look at the teams that are behind us. Other than UNC, who do you see finishing ahead of us? That puts us in the top 7. Our record isn't good but at the end of the day, we may be right there for at least the bubble. And that ain't bad.

If you look at the Ken Pom projected ACC standings, we're projected for 11-9, 8th place is 2 games behind at 9-11, to your point.

Of course it's very unlikely to work out exactly that way. But it really does underscore how utterly mediocre/bad the league is after the top 3 teams.

A lot of alcohol being consumed here this afternoon-evening.

Out playing a team usually involves out scoring them doesn't it? As I said, we have beat them at least 2 of the last 3. We play in NYC because the coach thinks that playing locally gives us the best recruiting advantage. In 1995/96 I went and watched the Orange play in Hawaii. We played Rhode Island and UMass (along with Ill.) Going far away doesn't insure who you are going to play.

Super nail biter wins and season detailing losses vs very bad Georgetown teams have they even made the NIT or is it just CBI under Ewing and last few years of JT3? Just one win vs Nova beats that. And that’s our only marquee OOC game in the dome years the B1G ACC challenge is a roadie. Boooooorrrrrriiinnnnggg. We also haven’t played someone cool in NYC we threw a bone to a school we shouldn’t be helping out and took 2 brutal losses to them and got 1 super ugly rock fight win thanks Moyer.

Can’t we just rotate through a couple peer programs? Why not get a Gonzaga home and home? Let ST ticket holders get a fun game that isn’t ACC/Georgetown or the big ten ACC challenge. We go to theirs they come to ours. Every few years do Maui or Atlantis. Change up the MSG opponent. Again not griping about overall difficulty. The current formula has done nothing but put us behind the 8 ball before we get to ACC play.

Super nail biter wins and season detailing losses vs very bad Georgetown teams have they even made the NIT or is it just CBI under Ewing and last few years of JT3? Just one win vs Nova beats that. And that’s our only marquee OOC game in the dome years the B1G ACC challenge is a roadie. Boooooorrrrrriiinnnnggg. We also haven’t played someone cool in NYC we threw a bone to a school we shouldn’t be helping out and took 2 brutal losses to them and got 1 super ugly rock fight win thanks Moyer.

Can’t we just rotate through a couple peer programs? Why not get a Gonzaga home and home? Let ST ticket holders get a fun game that isn’t ACC/Georgetown or the big ten ACC challenge. We go to theirs they come to ours. Every few years do Maui or Atlantis. Change up the MSG opponent. Again not griping about overall difficulty. The current formula has done nothing but put us behind the 8 ball before we get to ACC play.
So playing the #1 team in the country will get us out from behind the 8 ball?

I suggest you are in the minority in not wanting to play G-town. As far as the tournaments we play in, do you plan to go to Hawaii? As I said, I have. Long trip.

I like it except play those programs in February. I so miss the old big out of conference February game like @Mich State in 03

I like it except play those programs in February. I so miss the old big out of conference February game like @Mich State in 03

That fell during winter break student season tickets were no good to it. I think after Christmas.

Because ACC is in the down year, 12-8 won't cut it. Should be at least 13-7 or even 14-6.

12-8 in a normal year, with average non-conference play and you're a virtual lock. I'm saying that this year, with a down conference and our poor showing in non-conference, 12-8 with a victory over a top team and we barely scrape in. If we go 14-6, we're a lock, imo.

We probably have something like a 20%, maybe 25% chance of making the tourney at this point. But prior to the UVA game it felt like about a 5% chance. It’s just nice to have a reasonable glimmer of hope again.
Image-1.jpg

12-8 in a normal year, with average non-conference play and you're a virtual lock. I'm saying that this year, with a down conference and our poor showing in non-conference, 12-8 with a victory over a top team and we barely scrape in. If we go 14-6, we're a lock, imo.
One game at a time from here on out needs to be the philosophy for this team. I really hope we can knock off ND and Pitt this week. If they pull that off and then split the next week’s games vs Clemson (away) and Duke (home), we could be in legit ncaa tourney conversation. still a ways to go, but we’d be in much better position than we thought a month ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom