If we can only take one who do you prefer | Syracusefan.com

If we can only take one who do you prefer

if we can only take one who do you prefer and why

• Robert Braswell

Votes: 42 63.6%
  • Osun Osunniyi

Votes: 24 36.4%

• Total voters
personally, i haven't read nor seen enough of either to say one way or the other. but of course jb & staff know what they need to know

Braswell.
I love his potential in our zone. Long, athletic, and wiry. Perfect to collect steals, block shots, and clog passing lanes.
On offense he looks to have a nice shooting stroke from outside. Also has great leaping ability for offensive rebounds and put backs.

Room for both, but I prefer Osunniyi for inside defense and scoring.
Braswell might fill in for a few minutes, but he is 175 lbs, and likes to play the perimeter. We have that covered for 2018-19 in Brissett and Hughes. There are better SF options than Braswell among our 2019 prospects.
Osunniyi as back-up center allows Sidibe to play some PF -- might be Sidibe's better spot long term.

braswell, though Osun looks like a quality zone big.

Braswell’s upside is great and I’m confident he’ll reach it in our system.

I'll go with the minority opinion. I think with Hughes we can have a quality 3 man rotation at forward. If I were convinced Sidibe / Chukwu would stay healthy and out of foul trouble it would be a toss up but history makes me skeptical. And if Osun can provide double duty emergency back up at the 4 and 5 it really solidifies things particularly if Battle returns.

Room for both, but I prefer Osunniyi for inside defense and scoring.
Braswell might fill in for a few minutes, but he is 175 lbs, and likes to play the perimeter. We have that covered for 2018-19 in Brissett and Hughes. There are better SF options than Braswell among our 2019 prospects.
Osunniyi as back-up center allows Sidibe to play some PF -- might be Sidibe's better spot long term.

Sidibe isn’t a sure thing with his injury. And who plays forward if there’s an injury to Brissett or Dolezaj?

Bringing in Braswell also helps start building depth for the following year.

Osun. Agree with cuseguy that Sidibe's availability is uncertain and bigs need time to mature. Osun could play the 4 or the 5 for us. Also not sure we are in good standing with any of next years bigs. If we can land Osun it will take some of the pressure off.

I’ll be surprised if we don’t end up with both. We need both and there’s an availability of playing time. What’s the late signing period deadline? May 15?

I’ll be surprised if we don’t end up with both. We need both and there’s an availability of playing time. What’s the late signing period deadline? May 15?
rWWBlAV.gif

Regular signing period ends May 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom