if we go 1-1 this week | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

if we go 1-1 this week

there will be little to no statistical difference between 0 and 1 road win. We need to pile them up, especially against near peer competitors.

I agree we need road wins, but I think a home win over UVA will carry more weight thna a road win at NC State. That's all.

I'm tired of you prioritizing your "family's education" ahead of sports entertainment for strangers on the internet. Get it together, man.
Ha ha

taking a one year hiatus on it unfortunately. Kids stuff (starting the college looking process) and other stuff are getting in the way of my college hoops watching and following this year (not a bad thing).

Bummer, one of my favorite parts of the board come Feb/March

LOL. I agree, but they are in 40 brackets.

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2017

Wow, really? That's crazy. This is where those bad losses/no road wins really kills us. Wake is 12-9, but their worst loss is either to us or Clemson. They have two road wins and a neutral court win. However, their best win is probably Miami, followed by NC State, I guess?

Wow, really? That's crazy. This is where those bad losses/no road wins really kills us. Wake is 12-9, but their worst loss is either to us or Clemson. They have two road wins and a neutral court win. However, their best win is probably Miami, followed by NC State, I guess?

Yeah I don't think Clemson, Michigan, Michigan State and Miami are all that great either. It looks like whoever is on the bubble will probably have 12-14 losses. We really need to take care of business agains Nc State, Pitt, Clemson and Georgia Texh and I think we have a realistic shot. It's going to be a weak bubble.

One thing I don't see being discussed much is the fact that these brackets do not consider multi-bid leagues that have upset tournament champions. There are 32 conferences. Bubbles burst from an upset tourney champion in conferences where the expected champion warrants an at large bid. You can almost just take the "Last 4 in" and "Last 4 Byes" sections and project most of those teams would not be in.

So you might look at bracketology or the bracket matrix and see Clemson in and think "hey we can't be that far off the bubble if they are in!" but the reality is they really wouldn't be in.

Last edited:
One thing I don't see being discussed much is the fact that these brackets do not consider multi-bid leagues that have upset tournament champions. There are 32 conferences. Bubbles burst from an upset tourney champion in conferences where the expected champion warrants an at large bid. You can almost just take the "Last 4 in" and "Last 4 Byes" sections and project most of those teams would not be in.

It usually comes up to around 3. But last year I don't remember that many, and I think this year is tracking the same. Conferences such as the MVC, the MWC, the CUSA, the CAA, they really don't have at large contenders if they fail to win. There is also no Monmouth type team this year that had a bunch of good wins OOC.

In the age of "parity" the mid tier conferences have not become any stronger.

Wake is a Tourney team? They have some solid computer numbers mostly due to SOS I think but they haven't done anything! They aren't fooling anybody:

The Matrix is a great tool, but you have to remember that is a rolling sum of brackets, some which were done before a big win or big loss. Some are up to 6 days old. When I use the Matrix, I tend to look at only the submissions from the last day or two. I take about 5 to 10 minutes to rejig the last 4 in / 4 out to make it current

Wake was on 40 of 79 overall brackets, but they are only on 2 of the 14 that were done Sunday.

If we only look at the last 14 (I would prefer a bigger sample however), Wake has been passed by Miami, Cal, NC St, Oklahoma St, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, and Georgetown. They would not even be in the first 4 out group.

The bottom is so tight right now with so much crap, that a good win can move things quite a bit. As I though yesterday, Georgetown with 2 top 25 wins last week, is now coming in on a few brackets (5 of 14)

I would take the Uva game, if Nc State falls apart it could not mean much, we would have to beat Pitt and Clemson just to show we could win some road games.

Wake is a Tourney team? They have some solid computer numbers mostly due to SOS I think but they haven't done anything! They aren't fooling anybody:

I almost fell off my chair when I saw they were 22nd in the rpi after we beat them, good numbers, lost to some good teams ooc, they aren't sniffing the tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom