If we had two openings in ACC who would you invite | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If we had two openings in ACC who would you invite

You guys afraid of UConn? Please. They are THE most logical choice.

Notre Dame is already in the ACC for all intents and purposes.

I say UConn definitely and then either USF or UCF.

IMO

A. ND is not in the ACC. 5 games a year in FB is not in the ACC. 8 games a year and counting in conference standings is being in the ACC.
B. Anyone who wants UConn in the ACC does not have SU's best interests at heart.

Again, IMO

IMO

A. ND is not in the ACC. 5 games a year in FB is not in the ACC. 8 games a year and counting in conference standings is being in the ACC.
B. Anyone who wants UConn in the ACC does not have SU's best interests at heart.

Again, IMO

Exactly. How anyone could argue either of those points is beyond me.

Do we really need to invite more teams, heck we had 4 teams in the elite 8 last year, and I am willing to say it would of been 5 with louisville being elgible.

need more northeastern teams.

Last edited:
Two teams that will never, ever be invited to join the ACC are the Twerps and USC-e. They were in and left and aren't welcome to come back. We'll invite Boise State or the Little Sisters of the Poor Home for Wayward Girls before either of them get a second bite at the apple.

based on those avail right now, and assuming ND stays as is, Cincy & Houston.

right now we all know know nothing outside of the P5 moves the needle (#B12expansion) but those 2 are quality athletic programs that bring in new markets for the ACCN. WhoConn brings old rivalries and content, Temple the Philly market and Memphis another new territory.

if we are waiting for the the deck to reshuffle again when the other conf have their GORs expire, cable cash is down and the ACCN is crushing it in revenue guaranteed for an additional 10 years, then how about Alabama and LSU...assuming football is still a game in 20 years...

oh, and...

df7eja.jpg

Put it in a snow globe and shake it up. However it falls, we have a spot.
Yaaaaay us!!! It must suck to be UCONN.

Edit for WV and Penn St. For a real ACC.

Rutgers and Maryland lol. I would add Wvu in a second, can't really think of a solid 2nd team, unless Nd wants to join.

Maryland should still be in that/our conference.
I think that after a few years of playing these ACC teams, the ND faithful will be more open to playing us. Just have to keep beating them so they stop thinking they are better.

May they wither and pass slowly and painfully in the AAC.

based on those avail right now, and assuming ND stays as is, Cincy & Houston.

I always thought cincy would be a great grab, and they would bring more physical play to the acc in basketball, good football potentioal

UCONN & Cincinnati (I live in Cincinnati) I would also force ND in for FB

The ND faithful may need the ACC in whole soon if their football team keeps up their present rate. Wonder how that will eventually impact their network deal?

I grimace at the cowards who are afraid of UConn, and have some sort of self-righteousness about being in a better conference. I'm proud that I'm nothing like that!

I still wouldn't invite them. My answer is that I'm sick of conferences getting too big, and would prefer to see it smaller. I'm surprised I saw this so late and nobody had said that yet. Good grief, y'all have made me into a snowflake!

Cincinnati's going to be a football power soon in my opinion.

Texas/Vandy/WVU would all be lovely