If we lose Hopkins... | Syracusefan.com

If we lose Hopkins...

gilardino

Starter
1)Who does JB get as his another assistant???

Please do not say Derrick Coleman or Louis Orr

I think we go outside the family. And to be honest, I kind of hope we do just to bring a fresh, different perspective.

Serious recruiter. Problem is a lot of the best ones are already being hired around.

Hop won't take AA. He would never do that to JB. Not a chance. He might take g-mac but I would think Hop would go for more experience.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but why?
I don't think he has the "it" factor to be a successful high level coach. Also don't feel like players,especially high school recruits, respect him a lot. SU fans disagree because most adore him, but what if you're a 17 year old recruit who's never heard of him? If I were a business owner I would hire Hop and Red 100 times before I considered GMAC. Bring on the hate!

I don't think he has the "it" factor to be a successful high level coach. Also don't feel like players,especially high school recruits, respect him a lot. SU fans disagree because most adore him, but what if you're a 17 year old recruit who's never heard of him? If I were a business owner I would hire Hop and Red 100 times before I considered GMAC. Bring on the hate!

Appreciate the response, but respectfully disagree. My impression is recruits love and admire Gerry and are well aware of what he accomplished at SU. I won't argue that the degree to which recruits are familiar with the success he had as a player decreases year by year.

Hopkins was once McNamara.

Your post is just to get a reaction. Your last sentence verifies it. Hopefully everybody ignores it.

Your post is just to get a reaction. Your last sentence verifies it. Hopefully everybody ignores it.
My last sentence was a prediction. Lotta fans see GMAC like they do Cooney - they'll follow them blindly over a cliff and they can do no wrong.

What does any of this even mean? Oh Lord

My last sentence was a prediction. Lotta fans see GMAC like they do Cooney - they'll follow them blindly over a cliff and they can do no wrong.

Are you al sharpton?

Why not Orr? He's got coaching experience and he could certainly work with the bigs.