If we're fortunate enough to host College Gameday next year... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If we're fortunate enough to host College Gameday next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no Boeheim as the celebrity guest picker. I know that's the safe, low-hanging fruit choice and that JB is a huge supporter of SU football, but I really want it to be someone associated with SU football greatness. Jim Brown, McNabb, Floyd Little, Dwight Freeney, etc.

To make the Syracuse Football brand cool, go young, go celebrity. Not football legend, especially yesteryear football legend.

When Clemson hosted Gameday against Notre Dame they had Bill Murray as the guest picker. He just lived in the area and was like what the hell. So we could get anybody.
So why not Alec Baldwin:

I think McNabb and/or Freeney make sense: football, youngish/relevant, entertaining/good on camera.

Biden would be fun but only if he is not running for President.

Boeheim should be involved in another way. Maybe do a segment on him and Coughlin going to schooo together or something and interview them both as an aside.

Basically, I would want the episode to be a thoughtful and strategic celebration of SU. Have a segment with broadcasters, then another with celebs, then another with running backs/#44, and maybe another where basketball legends share their favorite football memories.

But if it’s just a generic episode where Boeheim comes out at the end to make his picks, I’ll be so disappointed.

Basically, I would want the episode to be a thoughtful and strategic celebration of SU. Have a segment with broadcasters, then another with celebs, then another with running backs/#44, and maybe another where basketball legends share their favorite football memories.

But if it’s just a generic episode where Boeheim comes out at the end to make his picks, I’ll be so disappointed.
Derrick Coleman, any football memories from your time at Syracuse?

I say get Andrew Coumo grease his ego and hope the exposure motivates him to throw taxpayer bucks at Syracuse.
Andy has no need of incentive to steal momey from NY citizens and give to his cronies to line their pockets.

When Clemson hosted Gameday against Notre Dame they had Bill Murray as the guest picker. He just lived in the area and was like what the hell. So we could get anybody.
So why not Alec Baldwin:
The baldwin brothers would be fantastic

I also think Bob Costas would be a very cool choice.

If it's Bob, we better let him know now so he can start rehearsing his call for a few months.

So why not Alec Baldwin:

Because it would be Stephen Baldwin.

McNabb? Really?
If you’re speaking strictly Q Score then your incredulity is warranted. Outside of that, I could easily argue he should be the on the very shortlist of candidates.

To make the Syracuse Football brand cool, go young, go celebrity. Not football legend, especially yesteryear football legend.

Post Malone? ... think he’s from the area or something and all the kids thinks he’s cool. As long as he doesn’t “sing” while he’s up there ( if thats what his product supposedly is ) I’m cool with it.

So why not Alec Baldwin:
Because he’s an asshat.

McNabb got canned by espn. Would they bring him on?

Jon and chandler have both had some bad press.

Not sure what the right answer is. I like the caughlin idea.

Lisa Lampanelli could get a little blue.

Lexington Steele?

Jennifer Aniston? Rachel on Friends went to Syracuse. I’d be front row for that.

I vote for Hologram Dick Clark.

Because he’s an asshat.

McNabb got canned by espn. Would they bring him on?

Jon and chandler have both had some bad press.

Not sure what the right answer is. I like the caughlin idea.

Lisa Lampanelli could get a little blue.

Lexington Steele?

Jennifer Aniston? Rachel on Friends went to Syracuse. I’d be front row for that.

I vote for Hologram Dick Clark.
Hologram Al Davis closes the show with - Just win baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.