If we're fortunate enough to win 6-7 games, does anyone have a feel for the bowl scenarios? | Syracusefan.com

If we're fortunate enough to win 6-7 games, does anyone have a feel for the bowl scenarios?

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
as to which we'd be realistically in the running for (and where they are) with 6 wins? 7 wins? Would it make a difference 6 vs. 7, etc.? Figured someone might already have it all down already vs. spending the time in figuring it out.

Thanks in advance.

Projected wins based on ranking (not counting home field advantage)
Louisville 11-1 (6-1): Orange Bowl (UConn/Rutgers)
Rutgers 10-2 (6-1): Russel Athletic Bowl (Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Louisville)
Cincinnati 9-3 (5-2): Belk Bowl (Rutgers/USF/UConn)
Syracuse 6-6 (5-2): Pinstripe Bowl (Missouri/Temple)

Not looking good for bowl
Temple (win 3 of 3, Army/SU/Hawaii*)
UConn (win 2 of 2, Louisville/Cincinnati)
Pittsburgh (win 2 of 2, Rutgers/USF)
USF (win 3 of 3, Miami/Cincinnati/Pittsburgh)

Don't think beating both Mizz and Temple matters.

Louisville 11-1 (6-1): Orange Bowl (wins tie-breaker)
Rutgers 10-2 (6-1): Russel Athletic Bowl
Cincinnati 9-3 (5-2): Belk Bowl
Syracuse 6-6 (5-2): Pinstripe Bowl

Where's the Beef bowl?

Nobody to fill Beef!

What I don't know, and maybe someone could chime in, is would the Belk Bowl (North Carolina) choose a 6-6 (5-2) SU over a 9-3 (5-2) Cincinnati due to us being a future ACC member? I hope not.

How well does Cincinnati travel compared to SU?

Need to remember that where you finish in the league has nothing to do with where you end up bowl-wise.

Nobody to fill Beef!

What I don't know, and maybe someone could chime in, is could/would the Belk Bowl (North Carolina) choose a 6-6 (5-2) SU over a 9-3 (5-2) Cincinnati due to us being a future ACC member? I hope not.

I believe Russell or Belk could select SU if they so choose. I would imagine this is more likely if Rutgers goes to BCS as i dont think Cincy or Ville travel at all. I think playing in Florida against projected Miami would be a good thing as is playing in Pinstripe. I dont think we want to be in the Belk Bowl.

The one thing that we absolutley know here is that Providence is going to do everything in their power to screw us should we get bowl eligible. In their minds, that will mean sticking us in the lowest payout/lowest TV rating game which I would imagine is the BeefO.

They will not want to see us in the Belk or Yankee.

Need to remember that where you finish in the league has nothing to do with where you end up bowl-wise.

Yeah. Which should (hopefully) keep an Iowa State in Pinstripe Bowl repeat appearance away.

Louisville 11-1 (6-1): Orange Bowl (wins tie-breaker)
Rutgers 10-2 (6-1): Russel Athletic Bowl
Cincinnati 9-3 (5-2): Belk Bowl
Syracuse 6-6 (5-2): Pinstripe Bowl

Of the four on the outside looking in, Pitt has the best chance of bowling. I could see them beating Rutgers and USF.

The one thing that we absolutley know here is that Providence is going to do everything in their power to screw us should we get bowl eligible. In their minds, that will mean sticking us in the lowest payout/lowest TV rating game which I would imagine is the BeefO.

like 11:00a start against Temple day after Thanksgiving

Nobody to fill Beef!

What I don't know, and maybe someone could chime in, is would the Belk Bowl (North Carolina) choose a 6-6 (5-2) SU over a 9-3 (5-2) Cincinnati due to us being a future ACC member? I hope not.

I'm going to guess that Cinci does not travel well at all based on the fact that their fans do not travel to Nippert Stadium.

louisville travels pretty well cincy is alright depending on location.that 11 am start is more due to the bigeast only had 2 windows that day 11 am or 7pm and cincy has better record than us

Of the four on the outside looking in, Pitt has the best chance of bowling. I could see them beating Rutgers and USF.

Rutgers is losing their last three and finishing behind SU in the league.

I wonder if the ACC will push for SU to be in the Russell Athletic Bowl (or even the Belk)? That way they can showcase the future ACC matchup? I believe the Bowls can choose any team within one loss of the highest available team. So even if the 2nd place BE team has only 1 L, we can be chosen should we beat Temple. For selfish reasons I would like to see us in the Pinstripe.

I guess I have a 'been there done that" feeling about the Pinstripe bowl and really have no desire to play WVU either. Then again I guess I will be thrilled to be playing anyone in a bowl in any location.

if we finish 6 wins or more...we are going to the Pin Stripe...we are NYC's college!

What is the Big East's situation with each bowl, contractually? Meaning, how many years are left for each?

I would think the BE would prefer to put teams that will be in the conference next year in bowls that they have a relationship with next year as well.

We'd get a good turnout in NYC or Charlotte.

My guess, if we get to 6, is the Pinstripe vs WVU. But the players would prefer something different than Pinstripe. As a fan, I would love the Pinstripe again. So I hope the players get what they prefer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Why don't the players want the Pinstripe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom