If you were a 5 star recruit where would you go? | Syracusefan.com

If you were a 5 star recruit where would you go?

GooseMutt

All Conference
And why? Everyone has opinions about why these kids should go but what if it was you? What floats your boat? Childhood dream school? Dads alma mater? NBA launchpad? Close to home? The coach? The facilities? Future teammates? Weather? Fan base? Shot at National championship?

Very interested to hear what everyone has to say if in a recruits shoes. I probably would hope for them all at my childhood dream school but most interested in NBA launch.

Big State.

upload_2017-5-17_10-14-34.jpeg

And why? Everyone has opinions about why these kids should go but what if it was you? What floats your boat? Childhood dream school? Dads alma mater? NBA launchpad? Close to home? The coach? The facilities? Future teammates? Weather? Fan base? Shot at National championship?

Very interested to hear what everyone has to say if in a recruits shoes. I probably would hope for them all at my childhood dream school but most interested in NBA launch.
Duke, Kentucky, Harvard. Would have been Syracuse but I'm not sure how committed the school currently is on winning. And I never would have thought I would say that.

If I lived on the East Coast and didn't mind going to class, I'd go to SU or Duke. That way I'd protect my future in case I got injured or the NBA didn't work out.

If I couldn't read, I'd go to Kentucky.

Probably Duke or Kentucky. If I wasn't interested in pursing an NBA career, I would probably go anywhere Buzz Williams was coaching. He's not the greatest coach when it comes to X's and O's, but I think it would be hard to find a better man in the country to be coached by.

Probably UNC. Great prestige, exposure, facilities, they win a lot, past legends always back on campus.

Also, between how players are treated by the UNC girls, nightlife scene and overall campus/lifestyle being a basketball player in Chapel Hill is LOTS of fun. There's a reason why their players never want to leave.

If I lived on the East Coast and didn't mind going to class, I'd go to SU or Duke. That way I'd protect my future in case I got injured or the NBA didn't work out.

If I couldn't read, I'd go to Kentucky
This is so great!!! Was having a rough morning...this literally brought me out of the funk I was in.....missed my coffee this morning! (Don't try that at home!)

This is so great!!! Was having a rough morning...this literally brought me out of the funk I was in...missed my coffee this morning! (Don't try that at home!)
Gotta agree that's funny stuff

Hilarious but probably not too far from truth

I would personally go to my favorite school growing up. Obviously, that'd be Syracuse. But if I lived in Kansas, it would probably be Kansas. UK if I lived in Kentucky, and so on. If the school I was a fan of was a small school, I'd go there. My reasoning is that if I'm a legitimate 5 star talent, there's nothing a college coach or program is going to do for me to get me drafted that I can't do for myself. A lot of kids don't think this way, though. They want the prestige and what they perceive as the easiest road possible to the NBA. I don't fault them for that at all. That's reasonable.

If my 'dream' school wasn't an option, I'd go with the best team offering the most playing time. If I could go to Villanova coming off a championship and see myself getting 30 mpg, that's the choice over somebody like Duke offering 20 mpg. Again, I would venture a guess that this isn't the normal train of thought for most elite recruits. And again, it's understandable and reasonable.

I would go to Syracuse. I have loved Syracuse Basketball since 2nd grade and would have gone there. I think the whole get you to the league thing is stupid. If you go to any number of 15 schools you will get good exposure. If you are a good enough player you will get to the league. I would also rather play in front of 25k-30k people on a regular basis than play in front of a small crowd. Also growing up in a metro area I would have no interest in going to Kansas, UK, Duke, UNC etc. Syracuse is 4 hours from NYC and Philly.

You could also go to UNC. You would be an Academic All American.

Probably UNC. Great prestige, exposure, facilities, they win a lot, past legends always back on campus.

Also, between how players are treated by the UNC girls, nightlife scene and overall campus/lifestyle being a basketball player in Chapel Hill is LOTS of fun. There's a reason why their players never want to leave.
Because they take a pay cut by going to the NBA?

As much as I bleed orange, I wouldn't want to play for JB right now. If it were 2007-2013, sure. If I were a top 20 player from the Northeast, I'd look to go to Duke, UNC, or Harvard, as mentioned by previous posters.

I wouldn't go to Duke because there's no guarantee you play over their veterans.

Kentucky should be the answer IMO.

I would take visits to UCLA, Arizona State (hotter chicks than Arizona), UNC, UK, & SU. I would lead on UNC & UK that I was leaning towards them as my top two...then pick SU. Just to piss off their fan bases. There is no way in hell that if I was recruited by Syracuse than I could go anywhere else to play...and I am not an alumni. I was raised as a Cuse fan and couldn't even fathom playing for anyone else.