If you were a 5 star recruit where would you go? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If you were a 5 star recruit where would you go?

Stanford. Best and most renowned academic school in a major conference. Beautiful campus with great security net if hoops doesn't work out. If I was good enough The games would be nationally televised in the late night time slot. This is a no brainer.

image.jpg
somewhere with a beach.

Seems to me there are two distinct groupings depending on whether you believe you are already a strong pro prospect or whether you are borderline and have to think about what might happen after basketball

If I am a strong pro prospect it's probably U.K., Duke, or otherwise entirely dependent on an evaluation of a variety of factors like roster makeup, NCAA prospects, coaching situation etc at various schools for my upcoming freshman season. If I am a top 5 guy I don't care about what happens at the school 2 or 3 years down the road because I don't expect to be there.

If I'm not a one and done candidate.

Nova - from the outside wright seems like a great coach to play for and proximity to a major city, while not being in that city would be a factor as would recent success.

UNC - great tradition, great campus good college experience and despite recent issues in athletics department UNC is highly thought of academically.

Duke - great tradition, coach and academic reputation.

UVA - great campus and academics, great young coach.

Michigan
Stanford
Harvard/Princeton/Penn - great academic institutions

I think this thread is indicative of what many 5- stars are thinking. Only a minority selected Cuse and did so cause they've been lifelong diehard fans. Most of the selections were not us and we are all Cuse fans. So if there are a few 5star guys that grew up loving us we have to identify those, offer early with much love and lock them in. Otherwise, we can't spin our wheels and waste time with a wish and a prayer.

I think this thread is indicative of what many 5- stars are thinking. Only a minority selected Cuse and did so cause they've been lifelong diehard fans. Most of the selections were not us and we are all Cuse fans. So if there are a few 5star guys that grew up loving us we have to identify those, offer early with much love and lock them in. Otherwise, we can't spin our wheels and waste time with a wish and a prayer.
It also shows how important it is to renovate the Dome and improve academics. Not sure what we can do about making the female students more attractive, but we should think outside the box and maybe add pole dancing as a major.

It also shows how important it is to renovate the Dome and improve academics. Not sure what we can do about making the female students more attractive, but we should think outside the box and maybe add pole dancing as a major.
I'll pay for the pole if someone else can pick up the tab on facilities.

I think this thread is indicative of what many 5- stars are thinking

You do? I saw several people list academics as a factor. I don't think I'd be going out on a limb saying a 5-star recruit doesn't care about academics.

You do? I saw several people list academics as a factor. I don't think I'd be going out on a limb saying a 5-star recruit doesn't care about academics.
21 percent of NBA players have degrees. You tell me

Obviously not. It's a shame they are required to stay 2 years and have it in reach but most don't go back

Obviously not. It's a shame they are required to stay 2 years and have it in reach but most don't go back
I meant wish they were required to stay 2 years. Going back would be more attractive

I am going to go to Daytona Beach Community College and pitch them this idea. Build some amazing dorms and a nice 12,000 seat arena with great locker rooms and a practice facility and then market to 5 star athletes. I would tell them that they could get their degree by the time they leave. UK would be in trouble.

Basketball = Duke

Football = Stanford, UCLA

Lacrosse = Duke, Army/West Point, Ivy, UVA

Most NBA players don't need degrees. For those that are not set as a result of their time in the NBA, their having played in the NBA is a better door opener for them than a degree would be. While it obviously can't hurt to get the degree, it isn't as important for them as it is for the rest of us.

Most NBA players don't need degrees. For those that are not set as a result of their time in the NBA, their having played in the NBA is a better door opener for them than a degree would be. While it obviously can't hurt to get the degree, it isn't as important for them as it is for the rest of us.
That's true and avg NBA salary is about 5 mil but my point was academics may be a factor but prob not top priority for the reasons you cited

Syracuse and heres how id handle it. I would silent verbal to coach cal and coach k simulatenously. Obtain $50k cash from each. Id then do a big announcement fairly far alont in the recruitment process and announce for uk. Id then direct cal not to recruit any other 5* at my position and if he so much as texts another player im done. All the while, behind the scenes id tell jb im all orange. Id recruit a few highly rated players to come to 315 with me and then decommit on signing day and fax my loi to cuse. Id then rat cal out for paying me and hand over the cash along with recordings of our conversations. (I would keep the duke $) i would then take a selfie of me giving the finger and mail it to cal's home or text him directly. Whatever works.

Syracuse and heres how id handle it. I would silent verbal to coach cal and coach k simulatenously. Obtain $50k cash from each. Id then do a big announcement fairly far alont in the recruitment process and announce for uk. Id then direct cal not to recruit any other 5* at my position and if he so much as texts another player im done. All the while, behind the scenes id tell jb im all orange. Id recruit a few highly rated players to come to 315 with me and then decommit on signing day and fax my loi to cuse. Id then rat cal out for paying me and hand over the cash along with recordings of our conversations. (I would keep the duke $) i would then take a selfie of me giving the finger and mail it to cal's home. Or text. Whatever works.

What if they don't ever give you money?

Damn Sean Miller just got another 5 star (Emanuel Akot) to reclassify to 2017. Also kept Alkins and Trier out of the draft. Loaded. Too bad Randolph won't play

Damn Sean Miller just got another 5 star (Emanuel Akot) to reclassify to 2017. Also kept Alkins and Trier out of the draft. Loaded. Too bad Randolph won't play

And he'll still get beat in the Elite Eight.

Eh you give yourself enough chances and you'll break through
1o or 15 years ago I would of said Cuse but now I don't Know if I would even consider them, I don't want to list all my reasons but coaching/playing style would be the main reasons.

And why? Everyone has opinions about why these kids should go but what if it was you? What floats your boat? Childhood dream school? Dads alma mater? NBA launchpad? Close to home? The coach? The facilities? Future teammates? Weather? Fan base? Shot at National championship?

Very interested to hear what everyone has to say if in a recruits shoes. I probably would hope for them all at my childhood dream school but most interested in NBA launch.
syracuse

Man, a lot of you are really thinking this through. Academically, playing time, the system, and coach. I just want the place with the best women. There's a lot, so I'd have to take a lot of visits and be enticed to come.