If you've ever wondered why JB goes zone | Syracusefan.com

If you've ever wondered why JB goes zone

Jake

Mod
Zone Out of bounds 100% if the time, watch the end if the Illinois- Indiana game. That doesn't happen against a zone.

Zone Out of bounds 100% if the time, watch the end if the Illinois- Indiana game. That doesn't happen against a zone.

Great point, Zeller looked absolutely lost out there. If that ever happened at SU this place would be a war zone.

Even when JB played man, whocj he did for a long time, pour he ALWAYS zoned on the inbounds

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

That still was one of the most creative sets I've seen run for a situation like that. Lots of good movement/deception on Illinois.

of course su would have been down double digits. no team in 37 years has given more layups and old fashioned threes than jb. what defense did we use against bc in the finals at msg when the scored a layup as the clock ran out

I feel like igor has some sort of "Google Alerts" type system set up on this website. Mention certain words or phrases and he is sure to magically appear with his wisdom and wax poetically on his hatred for JB and the zone.

of course su would have been down double digits. no team in 37 years has given more layups and old fashioned threes than jb. what defense did we use against bc in the finals at msg when the scored a layup as the clock ran out
That was a 1st round game and it's funny you had to go back 30 years to find an example numbn*ts...

Igor, this is completely serious, it appears as if your typing is getting better. Are you feeling better?

Great point, Zeller looked absolutely lost out there. If that ever happened at SU this place would be a war zone.

For sure. That set would've fooled a bunch of M2M teams though, I bet. Beautifully set up.

I don't believe we ever played B.C. in a Big east final.

Igor, this is completely serious, it appears as if your typing is getting better. Are you feeling better?
yes the heated pool, 2 hours daily, and hard work ; 81 degrees every day and sunshine is a bit old

yes the hdeated pool 2 hours daily and hard work . 81 degrees every day and sunshine is a bit old
Good, I am glad the hard work is paying off. I would love the opportunity to grow tired of the daily 81 degree weather and sunshine. Keep working and keep posting, because while your opinion isn't always agreed with, it is valued by some of us.

It's really a no brainer for Jimmy since he goes zone 100% all of the time. :)

Depends on what Boston College BET game you mean. The layup at the buzzer by BC in 82 by Stewart Granger in Hartford was against a man to man. I remember another layup buzzer beater by ODU in 80 again MTM.

Depends on what Boston College BET game you mean. The layup at the buzzer by BC in 82 by Stewart Granger in Hartford was against a man to man. I remember another layup buzzer beater by ODU in 80 again MTM.
there is a big difference between a bet tournament game and a final. We never played B.C. in a final. And I was at the disaster in Hartford.

there is a big difference between a bet tournament game and a final. We never played B.C. in a final. And I was at the disaster in Hartford.

I was at that horror of a weekend also. Whenever anyone beetches about stall ball I always think of that game, because we sure didn't use it that time and a disaster occurred.

I was at that horror of a weekend also. Whenever anyone beetches about stall ball I always think of that game, because we sure didn't use it that time and a disaster occurred.
8 pt lead with :32 to go

Lather...rinse...repeat :rolleyes:

8 pt lead with :32 to go

Then add on top of that the Hawkins/Payton fiasco and the worst price gouging I've ever witnessed. Our room was 3 times the normal rate and when the bartender coughed when I laid a twenty on the bar for 3 beers I had seen enough of Hartford. Shocking prices in '82. The worst "fun" weekend I've ever had.

I was at MSG that day, for the quarterfinal game. Nice play by Williams got BC a layup--which they missed. SU won.

Many problems here.

BC beat us in Hartford with a hoop from the top of the key.

And, not by Stewart Granger--he played for Villanova.

it happens against a zone too. just requires more than 1 guy to screw up.

you have forgotten Igor's First Law of Basketball Dynamics: it is always a 1 person screw up, and that person is always Boeheim.

Many problems here.

BC beat us in Hartford with a hoop from the top of the key.

And, not by Stewart Granger--he played for Villanova.
You are right about Granger, but who was the guy who hit the gamewinner? I seem to remember (for what it is worth obviously) was he was number 2. The picture in my mind it was a layup or a tip from the right of the hoop.
It was the game after which Hawkins had an issue and we looked like the Lakers for 4/5ths of the game and then *pop*.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom