III | Syracusefan.com

III

WoodyUK

Lax Maven
ncaa_e_cuse12_300.jpg

I was watching the game the other day and after Evans's first career goal he ran to the bench to celebrate with his team mates, he was making his way through the players when I noticed Roy Simmons III had a quiet word in his ear! I have seen this happen year in year out, he has always given these little words of encouragment or motivation into our players ears, he has a great relationship with the players and is someone they can trust.

He has taken a back seat over the last few seasons but his effect on the team still exists and the Simmons legacy to the team still lives on. He is rarely talked about on these boards or in the media as Lelan and Donahue have sucked up the limelight! I think its great for us to have a Simmons still involved, he probably uses the same tactics to motivate people using the analgies and stories that his Father Jr and his Father sr would have also used over the years to get the best out of the squad.

He is a constant on the sideline and someone for the kids to turn to, his effect on the team is unseen but very effective, id love to see the Media write a story about the lurking coach in the shadows!

He deserves to be appreciated and his Legacy stands up for itself. He's a Great Man and a great coach and someone that every player that has been at Cuse appreciates.....and so should we!

I might create a new soccer style chant and instead of "there only one (enter name)....., "theres only 3 Roy Simmons, 3 roy simmons, there only 3 Roy Simmons!

Quite an asset to have on hand as needed. A great coach still helping out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom