Ike Daniels transferring to Towson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ike Daniels transferring to Towson

I don’t think Towson tells the story of the kids talent. Finding a home for portal kids is hard to do these days. Especially 3rd string freshman running backs. Sometimes the bird in hand is the way to go. Lotta circumstances surrounding these things.

Isn’t Towson FCS? Didn't Ike have a solid list of P5 offers? This is a significant downgrade. Maybe he didn’t get any offers he liked and had to enroll somewhere in time for the spring semester. If you go down to FCS do you have to sit out a year if you want to transfer again up to FBS?

Last edited:
I don’t think Towson tells the story of the kids talent. Finding a home for portal kids is hard to do these days. Especially 3rd string freshman running backs. Sometimes the bird in hand is the way to go. Lotta circumstances surrounding these things.
It's not just the kids in the portal. The transfer without sitting has created problems for HS Seniors. Too many kids to choose from a limited spots available.

Isn’t Towson FCS? Didn't Ike have a solid list of P5 offers? This is a significant downgrade. Maybe he didn’t get any offers he liked and had to enroll somewhere in time for the spring semester. If you go down to FCS do you have to sit out a year if you want to transfer again up to FBS?
It is but the vast majority of his offers don’t appear to have been commitable by the time he committed to us. He only officially visited Hawaii and Syracuse.

This almost makes sense. The kid is going to light it up at Towson then grad transfer somewhere else. He’s too good to not finish at the FBS level

2/3rds of his yards with us came against a bad FCS school. Not seeing the 'too good' that some are. He's probably a FCS starter and I hope he does well
Totally disagree. I don’t care who his yards came against. Most here don’t even know what his stats were. It’s what you see with your eyes. This dude hit the hole fast and hard and he was hard to get a clean hit on in his little time he was given.

Totally disagree. I don’t care who his yards came against. Most here don’t even know what his stats were. It’s what you see with your eyes. This dude hit the hole fast and hard and he was hard to get a clean hit on in his little time he was given.
You just can't make that assessment based off of garbage time against 2's and 3's.

Sucks that’s a huge step down wish we saw a bit more of him vs Price.

He looked good in garbage time against very bad teams we played. Im not sure what you can deduce from that.

Last edited:
2/3rds of his yards with us came against a bad FCS school. Not seeing the 'too good' that some are. He's probably a FCS starter and I hope he does well
Just feels like a far drop, I thought at worst he’d end up in the mac. Was a solid recruiting win with a solid offer sheet just a year ago, I thought someone would roll the dice on him. Possible he just wanted guaranteed snaps and the FCS route was the only path to that, regardless hope he tears it up.

I think he's a talented player and chose to be near home when he wasn't offered by any P4 schools or at least ones he wanted to go to.

As for the strength issue by being behind in the weight room, seems like the players had some autonomy and that may be a thing of the past with the new staff.

I didn’t see it even in garbage time

If you think about all the kids portaling up to P4 schools from lower conferences plus the P5 portals finding P4 homes plus the incoming HS kids… the deck is stacked against a kid like Ike at a position like RB.

I hope he crushes down there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom