Ike Obiagu transferring from FSU to Seton Hall | Syracusefan.com

Ike Obiagu transferring from FSU to Seton Hall

Completely random question just for kicks. If a player transfers to a new school can they transfer again before taking any classes? And if that is possible would they incur another redshirt year?

Obviously the question is aimed at a hilariously unlikely scenario where a dude from in the conference transfers to say Colgate then transfers from there to Syracuse before ever using any eligibility. Could it be done?

Completely random question just for kicks. If a player transfers to a new school can they transfer again before taking any classes? And if that is possible would they incur another redshirt year?

Obviously the question is aimed at a hilariously unlikely scenario where a dude from in the conference transfers to say Colgate then transfers from there to Syracuse before ever using any eligibility. Could it be done?
I was wondering the same thing ala Jordan tucker...he’s now enrolled at butler and could transfer if he opted. Would probablay have to sit another full year but it wouldn’t be 2 full years which I believe is the acc within conference transfer rule.

There's that whole "he can't transfer directly from one ACC school to another" thing.
I believe it's on the table to get rid of rules by conferences, schools not to let players transfer where they want. The story I read used the example of the Miami RB (Gus was his first name, can't remember last name) that wanted to transfer to Syracuse but Miami wouldn't let him because Cuse was on Miami schedule in 2017. So, he went to Rutgers. Without looking it up, I believe his name was Gus Edwards.

After the Va Tech shootings in 2007, there was a highly touted PF recruit, who had signed an LOI but had not enrolled, who wanted to be released citing the shootings as cause. He then accepted a grant to play at Maryland. The NCAA ruled that he had to sit a year as a transfer. The next year, Va Tech raised a stink and claimed that he had to sit for two years as an intra-conference transfer. Maryland appealed to the ACC but lost said appeal. At that point, for reasons I never understood entirely, the player transferred to one of the directional Florida schools, and he still had to sit one more year for that transfer. I can't remember his name, and I may have details a bit skewed, but the basic facts are right. Slainte!

ILikeIke.jpg

but i don't like poaching coaches or players in conference. not classy or kosher imo. shop elsewhere.

Last edited:
They will still do absolutely nothing on the national scale when it's all said and done.
It's true. Zach Braziller in the New York Post always hypes them as some bigtime team ready to make their mark on the national stage and then they disappear in March. Wash, rinse, repeat. Never changes. Nobody cares about them in metro NY. Cuse has much bigger following there.

Seton hall is not appealing in anyway! Location, Coach, basketball venue , National standing, fan base

I had season tickets for Seton Hall basketball once. The thing I remember it the most was a male cheerleader dropped a female cheerleader. She limped off the floor, later the same male cheerleader dropped her a second time. She had to be helped off the court. I thought she showed more guts then the basketball team.

in lacrosse they classify you as an offensive midfielder or a defensive middie. can we all agree Tsquare was an offensive 5 ? no defense whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom