Women's Lacrosse - IL Top 50 Players for 2022 Season | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse IL Top 50 Players for 2022 Season

illestcuse

All Conference

Man, have I really been missing women’s lacrosse extra these past few days. Couldn’t help myself but to rewatch some of the games from last season over the weekend that I could find on YouTube. Then happened to stumble across the last round of IL men’s and women’s player rankings for the upcoming season.

Emily Hawryschuk… #6 ranked woman behind the likes of Charlotte North (no surprise there), Jamie Ortega, Izzy Scane, Taylor Moreno, and Emma Trenchard?? That’s quite a descent from last years list where I believe she was ranked the #1 woman going into the season, just because of an injury if you ask me. She at least deserved to be in front of Trenchard and Moreno for sure. She is more talented than them, but then again I’m not the one in charge of these rankings lol. And I am not going to get hung up on a little pre season ranking. What matters is how they play during the season— and most importantly in the NCAAT.

Everyone knew Charlotte North was going to end up the #1 ranked woman after the season she just had. I always knew she was talented ever since I seen her play in that Under Amour All American game, plus she had a pretty good career at Duke before she went over to BC. But I would be lying if I told you that I expected her to have that kind of season like she did. Geeesh, look at what Kayla has done! She has created an absolute monster haha! I cant be too upset with that though. Because even though she is not Orange, she sure is fun to watch and is evolving the woman’s game which is always a plus in my book.

As for Emily Hawryschuk, my hope for her in her last season is to really soak up all the knowledge and advice she can from Kayla. Because I want her to have an even better season than Charlotte North did last season which she is certainly capable of. And I also want her to shatter the goals per season record which North set on her way to winning a championship and winning the Tewaaratan last year. We don’t really need Emily to top North’s record with all of the weapons we have coming back on offense (really—it’s unfair lol), but I can’t say it wouldn’t be nice seeing Hawryschuk snatch that crown off North’s head on her way out.

All of that praise that North got last year— I want all of that to get shifted onto Emily in ‘21-‘22. This is my last bullet point and a little word of advice— In order for that to happen, though, she really is going to have to come out of her shell, and let loose/have fun with it IMO. I’m talking signature goal celebrations, and really let her personality shine out there on the field. It’s a lot to ask of a person who I know is more on the timid side, but all of this would be beneficial in making her a household name, expanding her brand, and drawing the attention of the youth who may have never thought of coming to Syracuse before. A special kind of talent like Emily doesn’t come around very often. So, I really hope that Kayla can do what she did with Sam Apuzzo and Charlotte North to Hawryschuk.

Anyway, thats the end of my ted talk haha. Counting down the days till the start of the season; it cant come soon enough!
Unknown.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom