I'll be that guy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'll be that guy

I think Mahoney was 8/21 for 80 yards. On all 3 or 4 deep balls our guys were open by several steps. He missed some shorts to. He needs to work on that but man the kids a warrior. Freaking walkon.. It's sort of hard to fathom. He's one of our three best qbs in maybe 15 years.

He is a Ryan Nassib that can run! No deep ball accuracy, but a rifle.
Can he learn accuracy with pt and good coaching, that's the question.

I just saw the DVR. #51 was completely the wrong player. It looked like SU's NG and Clemson's C is where the call came from. The centers head goes back a little but I don't see a penalty there. Worst screw job since Montreal 1997

How about the excessive celebration penalty they threw on us too and that Clemson band that continued to play through almost all SU possessions before the snap. I don't give a crap about the ACC, I hope they lose the next two games and go home crying into their pillow. Clemson, the fix was in today and I'm sick of getting screwed by the incompetent ACC refs

What made it just a bit worse was that we got that one ref with the super southern drawl. Just mad those calls a little harder to have to hear.

Hands to the face was garbage. Hitting Shafer with 15 after that garbage call was garbage. "Hold" on Whitner was garbage. Don't know what happened on the unsportsmanlike with Thompson, and I'll give them credit on the running into kicker.

It reeked of an agenda.

What made it just a bit worse was that we got that one ref with the super southern drawl. Just mad those calls a little harder to have to hear.

Hands to the face was garbage. Hitting Shafer with 15 after that garbage call was garbage. "Hold" on Whitner was garbage. Don't know what happened on the unsportsmanlike with Thompson, and I'll give them credit on the running into kicker.

It reeked of an agenda.
SU wasn't on the scorecard to win today. We played a pretty damn good game and in the end those fake penalties swung the pendulum. I hate the ACC and the southern bias

It reeked of an agenda.
and it goes back to the fake call on C.J. Fair in the Duke game that got JB tossed out

Except that was pass interference.
think (hope) he was referring to the not one but two too high knee pad calls. Today virtually every single skill position player has em high. Guess the stopped making that call.

How about the excessive celebration penalty they threw on us too and that Clemson band that continued to play through almost all SU possessions before the snap. I don't give a crap about the ACC, I hope they lose the next two games and go home crying into their pillow. Clemson, the fix was in today and I'm sick of getting screwed by the incompetent ACC refs
I couldn't stand hearing the Clemson band play until the snap. Do most teams do this? I'm only able to attend a football game or two a year and don't remember any other teams doing this. I thought the refs were horrible and did anything they could to help Clemson out

I couldn't stand hearing the Clemson band play until the snap. Do most teams do this? I'm only able to attend a football game or two a year and don't remember any other teams doing this. I thought the refs were horrible and did anything they could to help Clemson out
Of all the games I've been to I've never heard the opposing band play through the setup to the point of the snap. Never. Even the SU band today made sure they stopped playing once the team was done with the huddle. Bush league beyond bush league. I hate Clemson and send a thousand pox on their program

Keep in mind that he is throwing over 6'3" DBs to 5'9" receivers - but yes, his accuracy is not great even on shorter throws. The good news is that he didn't have any ankle throws today.

Mahoney has a much stronger arm than I thought, but his deep ball accuracy is...lacking, to say the least. None of his deep throws were really very close.

Except that was pass interference.
That play is debatable. But the game was filled with phantom calls, including the bizarre "knee pad" penalties, which I had never seen called before, and have never seen called since. There was also a 3rd and goal play where Bullock chased down Tee Martin to make it fourth down. The refs flagged the play, calling defensive holding and a dead ball personal foul. No numbers were given, and the announcers have no idea who committed the penalties or where they happened.

That play is debatable. But the game was filled with phantom calls, including the bizarre "knee pad" penalties, which I had never seen called before, and have never seen called since. There was also a 3rd and goal play where Bullock chased down Tee Martin to make it fourth down. The refs flagged the play, calling defensive holding and a dead ball personal foul. No numbers were given, and the announcers have no idea who committed the penalties or where they happened.

Those equipment calls that took TOs away were bizarre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom