Illinois Uniforms | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Illinois Uniforms

Another uniform thread?

My my. Time to suggest that the wife enjoys a bubble bath.

Blue isn't even a freaking official color of the university.

It's orange and orange alone.

The Illinois uniforms are beautiful and freaking Nike didn't think the team with the nickname Orange should have them.

I don't get hung up on the "official color" thing.

For generations the de facto colors of the school have been blue and orange - that's the reality.

And the reality is that all orange uniforms - in whatever version has been attempted don't work.

And the reality is that the Coach Mac uniform is one the most attractive in college football and the one that conveys a brand of success for the program - it is a great brand that should never have been abandoned.

Last edited:
That blue could be any color.

Make it rose pink or pea green as that is SU as much as that blue is.

We are the Orange. Not navy blue.

You knew those were the uniforms that SU wore when you applied for admission here.

If they bother you that much, you should have picked another school.

Except that we have worn blue and orange for what, eighty years?

You knew those were the uniforms that SU wore when you applied for admission here.

If they bother you that much, you should have picked another school.
Lol. Yeah cause when applying to a college the uniforms really are a deciding factor.
My god this isn't even funny. You can do better.

Except that we have worn blue and orange for what, eighty years?
Your an eagles fan correct?

Did you like when they went from

0ap2000000154065_gallery_600.jpg

To

gettyimages-604218092-e1473811609409.jpg

Or they added black which was never a color to the colors.

Syracuse could add a new color at anytime.

To

Yes, I root for the Eagles.

No, I did not like the change from Kelly Green to Midnight Green.

And nobody I know likes the change, which came about with the change in ownership at the time - Jeff Lurie.

The team is trying to get back to the Kelly Green look, but for various reasons the process is taking time.

The use of black became vogue in the 1990s - it seemed that everybody was trying incorporate it - everybody from the NY Mets, to the AZ Cardinals to the Duke Blue Devils.

I obviously don't like it.

I like brands that connote or recall success.

So, I agreed when the NY Islanders returned to their Stanley Cup uniform. I agreed when the Toronto Blue Jays returned to their World Series Championship uniform. I agreed when the NY Jets returned to their Super Bowl uniforms.

And, I agree with USC, Texas, Auburn and Alabama and a few others for maintaining their brands of success.

I would like to see us do that - to treat our program as a traditional one that cherishes its success and that foregoes the BS gimmicks that mediocre or non-traditional programs feel they need to emerge from the crowd.

I have no problem with the occasional throw back or special uniform.

But I do believe that when you turn on the TV and see the Syracuse Football team you should immediately recognize it and that will occur with the return of the Coach Mac uniform.

Yes, I root for the Eagles.

No, I did not like the change from Kelly Green to Midnight Green.

And nobody I know likes the change, which came about with the change in ownership at the time - Jeff Lurie.

The team is trying to get back to the Kelly Green look, but for various reasons the process is taking time.

The use of black became vogue in the 1990s - it seemed that everybody was trying incorporate it - everybody from the NY Mets, to the AZ Cardinals to the Duke Blue Devils.

I obviously don't like it.

I like brands that connote or recall success.

So, I agreed when the NY Islanders returned to their Stanley Cup uniform. I agreed when the Toronto Blue Jays returned to their World Series Championship uniform. I agreed when the NY Jets returned to their Super Bowl uniforms.

And, I agree with USC, Texas, Auburn and Alabama and a few others for maintaining their brands of success.

I would like to see us do that - to treat our program as a traditional one that cherishes its success and that foregoes the BS gimmicks that mediocre or non-traditional programs feel they need to emerge from the crowd.

I have no problem with the occasional throw back or special uniform.

But I do believe that when you turn on the TV and see the Syracuse Football team you should immediately recognize it and that will occur with the return of the Coach Mac uniform.
You want recognizably?

Don't change the helmet.

It should always be ORANGE.

Then, ORANGE needs to always be either dominant color of the jersey or the pants.

My preference would be 100% ORANGE pants.

White Jersey on the road, blue at home and ORANGE 1x maybe 2x a year.

Other accepted combos...

White pants with an Orange top? Perfect.

White and white?? Grrr, fine. Just 1x. Better have an ORANGE helmet.

White pants and blue tops??? GFY

You want recognizably?

Don't change the helmet.

It should always be ORANGE.

Then, ORANGE needs to always be either dominant color of the jersey or the pants.

My preference would be 100% ORANGE pants.

White Jersey on the road, blue at home and ORANGE 1x maybe 2x a year.

Other accepted combos...

White pants with an Orange top? Perfect.

White and white?? Grrr, fine. Just 1x. Better have an ORANGE helmet.

White pants and blue tops??? GFY

Blue pants = bad Joe Pisarcik flashbacks.

I just looked up our colors in the 1959 NCAA Football Guide. it says "Orange and Blue".

And it looks darn good.

John Wooden...and because of him, Tom Coughlin...cared how the players put their freakin socks on.

When you go to church Reverand, do you put on your Sunday best or do you wear what u mowed the lawn in??

Uniforms matter.

Ha. You’re asking the wrong dude. I think it’s BS that we get dressed up when God knows all our S*** by heart and can read our damn minds

As you could imagine, the Athletic Department receives a great deal of feedback from fans and alums.

By a wide margin, the Department hears most about the football uniforms.

About 75% [corrected] of the comments object to what we are wearing.

So, many care about the uniforms and most do not like what they are seeing.

Hope they drop a line about the product on the field. Uni’s are a BS salute to the imaginary notion of nostalgia ... ie it makes ME remember a time when I felt good so MY reality means more, though it’s all different s***.

Hope they drop a line about the product on the field. Uni’s are a BS salute to the imaginary notion of nostalgia ... ie it makes ME remember a time when I felt good so MY reality means more, though it’s all different s***.
Wow... that's deep

There were complaints about those at the time too. I love those uniforms. Think they're the best we've had.

Hopefully we'll get an overhaul this offseason. Sadly, the only combination with these specific designs that is aesthetically pleasing is the grey and blue. And while I personally love that color combination, it isn't Syracuse.

To

It's still green.

They didn't become the redskins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom