I'm enjoying this season | Syracusefan.com

I'm enjoying this season

twinight

Scout Team
I'm posting this now because I think this team is going to have a very good run in the NCAA tournament, and it would be easy to come back at the end of the year and say, "I knew it all along!" So I'm putting it out here now that I'm really enjoying this year and I'm not particularly concerned with how they're playing.

I'm enjoying that we consistently win no matter what the circumstance, and no matter who is playing well and who isn't. I think it's hilarious that teams are losing to us by 10 points and taking that as a "moral victory."

I think it's an encouraging sign that we can come out flat, unfocused, shoot 35%, and have 10 less rebounds than the 4th place team in the league and still beat them by 8 points.

I think this team will be more focused come tourney time, and while they may lose to another great team, I don't see them losing to a mediocre team.

It should be noted that while most teams in the top 10 have 4 or 5 losses. This team has 1 loss, and only three other games in the 16 big east games they've played were within 7 points at the end. And two of those games were against top 25 teams. "But," you'll say, "a lot of those games were close at the end. And we just pulled away in the final minutes." And I'll say, "Good. that just shows me this is a team that can turn it on when it needs to."

I'm not saying all complaints are invalid. But the vitriol on this board after a win is astounding. Won't you feel dumb if they end up winning out that you sacrificed all the time you should have been celebrating wins, high-fiving, and laughing at the opposing teams fans for the sake of writing a strongly-worded screed about a 28-1 team?

Feel free to bump this if we lose to the Seahawks of Salve Regina University in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

I'll bump it when we win the national championship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom