Im glad that TC is such a good D player | Syracusefan.com

Im glad that TC is such a good D player

kcsu

Living Legend
1-12 from the 3 thank goodness he is such a solid D player before long the other team may decide to play 5 on 4. Not sure what is going on with him but wow he seems to have regressed further from the second half of last year. Lets hope he gets it together or we are in for a long year

kcsu said:
1-12 from the 3 thank goodness he is such a solid D player before long the other team may decide to play 5 on 4. Not sure what is going on with him but wow he seems to have regressed further from the second half of last year. Lets hope he gets it together or we are in for a long year
I can't take another year of this nonsense. Give someone else a turn to miss a thousand shots. Patterson next man up

I'd pay for Malachi's scholarship if he could play this year - Cooney may be a nice kid but he was the reason we blew up a special season last year - he's simply not capable of starting on a team that wants to be in the mix for a title

If he did not post up and abuse the Adrian midgets covering him he never will. Thanksgiving is almost here. I want fresh spuds. let Cooney be a token starter until he earns his minutes back.

Last year Bus was scary. This year he is scary good.

kcsu said:

2-9.

Bees, who really cares? it's unacceptable - there would be public outcry if this was going on at Duke, KY or UNC - but here we blind supporters making up excuses for out D2 starting PG - give Patterson a legit chance - it cannot get any worse

Bees, who really cares? it's unacceptable - there would be public outcry if this was going on at Duke, KY or UNC - but here we blind supporters making up excuses for out D2 starting PG - give Patterson a legit chance - it cannot get any worse
D2 starting PG!
iConfused

No one is saying Cooney cannot be in the mix - we are saying he is not a starter for out elite program - I'm so glad that he did not go wild tonight - I pegged him for six plus 3's - and a million comments about how he's got his confidence back - if all u can do is shoot when wide open u become an extreme liability - especially if u are missing all ur open looks - lets see what Buss can do

I suppose at this point we have very little to go on, but I was hoping to see a lot more from Cooney.

Against a pretty bad team he didn't show much going to the rim. He had one nice pull up off the bounce, but against Adrian, eh, wouldn't have minded seeing more. That dunk was nice - I'll give him that.

The threes though - if he starts the season like this, I'm not sure where you go. I was hoping he and Roberson were going to shine in these games to build MY (i'm very selfish) confidence a bit - neither has happened.

Tony DeFranco said:

He'll be our leading scorer.

Its been two exhibition games. Yikes. Plus JB has been giving Ron a lot of run I think he was 2-7 or something from deep tonight. If we get into the actual season and Coney looks like he is still in an extended slup than I expect you will see his minutes reduced a bit but right now we have a lot of people crying about something that has yet to happen when we have yet to play a real game.

He's a Division 2 player - a 3 star recruit that is playing well like a 3 star recruit
It's just tough to take your comment seriously when you are complaining about the PG spot...when referring to TC and Buss. But I do agree that game like this when Cooney struggles, that Buss could be our guy. But again, kinda lose credibility in your statement about a D1 Shooting Guard.

Tony DeFranco said:
No one is saying Cooney cannot be in the mix - we are saying he is not a starter for out elite program - I'm so glad that he did not go wild tonight - I pegged him for six plus 3's - and a million comments about how he's got his confidence back - if all u can do is shoot when wide open u become an extreme liability - especially if u are missing all ur open looks - lets see what Buss can do

Who's "we"? Anyone that matters?

I guess some of you pick and choose when our HOF coach is HOF.

Who's "we"? Anyone that matters?

I guess some of you pick and choose when our HOF coach is HOF.
Ah bees, it's ok. When you win by 49 points lol, there should be reason to complain.
:rolling:
It is not a well oiled machine right now, but we are fine and progressing.

Some fan.

This is a dumb thread, but some of the sentiments being expressed are even dumber.

tee1222 said:
Ah bees, it's ok. When you win by 49 points lol, there should be reason to complain. :rolling: It is not a well oiled machine right now, but we are fine and progressing.

Wonder if he follows the football team. That's pain.

Some people just don't seem to like Cooney and others get downright defensive over ANYTHING said about the guy. It's all annoying. If he doesn't step it up, he should be given a smaller role preferably off the bench, hopefully it doesn't come to that.

He's a Division 2 player - a 3 star recruit that is playing well like a 3 star recruit
He's not a D2 player - that's a moronic, indefensible statement. He averaged 12 points and 2 steals per game last year as a redshirt soph starter for a P5 program. Knocked down 90 3's at a roughly 38% clip. If he hadn't slumped in the latter part of the season the numbers would be even better.

Any D2 player who could do that... well, frankly they would've landed at a D1 school.

I suggest you call in to JB's radio show and tell the man that TC is a D2 player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom