I'm going to Defend JB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm going to Defend JB

Friends, Cusians, Countrymen, lend me your ears, I have not come here to praise Boeheim but to bury him...

Well, as usual, you miss the point of , well, everything. No one is saying anything bad about JB's history here at Syracuse university. He built the program. Along with the Big East and the Carrier Dome. Two things he was against, by the way. He was against joining the Big East and he was against moving from Manley. The problem for jb is that even in the best of times, there was no discipline in the program. He let the kids do as they please. And don't forget, our school was not once, but twice placed on probation. But even with little discipline in the program, and the two probation's, we have stuck by JB. Even with his arrogant post game displays. If I paid 50k for my kid to go to newhouse, I would be non too happy with the coach acting like a jerk to my kid while he was working for the Daily Orange. Let me remind you of of an example. It was Axe, not a DO kid, that asked Jb the question on whether Battle could play pt guard. JB went off on Axe. It was a ridiculous question. Right up to the time Jb put battle at the pt position at times the following year.
The problem is now. And that problem is that there isn't a person alive, that has been at their job for more than 20 years, that is as enthusiastic about that job as they were when they first started. No one. Now, you are 76 and have been doing it for 44 years. The program is stale. The program isn't fun anymore. Now, I am a guy that likes Buddy as a player probably more than anyone on the board. But I don't think anyone can say that Buddy isn't being treated differently than any other Syracuse player ever, Every excuse is made for him. And to play him at the 3 in the Va Tech game you like to cite so much. 10 minutes to go in a one sided game and Braswell or Woody don't get some run so that Buddy can play the 3? Not acceptable. The A.D. should have said something. That is far from the coach deciding who plays.
The last I looked, we still consider ourselves Syracuse basketball. But we haven't played like it in years. And we haven't recruited like it in years. And we haven't been fun like that in years. It's past time for JB to retire. Will the next coach be a success? No idea. We might have to hire one after that. but we will have torn the band aid off and started down that road. It's time. And for the most part, everyone knows it. And not for nothing, in the old days, when JB was a punching bag, I defended him and knew he was a great coach. That was then. This is now.
This is the post of the decade summarizes and clarifies...
all my thoughts, my frustrations, my respect,and all my confusion!
All of my everything is right here for this freaking soap opera and it comes down to discipline and lack there of.

The only thing missing is the whole Mike Hopkins soap opera because I had so many inside nuggets but I could never put all the pieces together but we won’t go back to the chicken and the egg thread!

Stupendous post!

Couscuse and Runner in the same thread. Not sure the board can handle this duo and there powderkeg of H0T Takes. Orange79 hope you got the coffee on your gonna be on duty for awhile
It’s a true World’s Finest.

This is the post of the decade summarizes and clarifies...
all my thoughts, my frustrations, my respect,and all my confusion!
All of my everything is right here for this freaking soap opera and it comes down to discipline and lack there of.

The only thing missing is the whole Mike Hopkins soap opera because I had so many inside nuggets but I could never put all the pieces together but we won’t go back to the chicken and the egg thread!

Stupendous post!

Pat. I luv u man. Luv when you call the local shows you are a intelligent passionate fan like me. But you are completely wrong on this. The lack of appreciation and loyalty for JB from this fanbase is horrible. JB has been nothing but loyal to the University The Basketball program and the Community since 1962.

Pat. I luv u man. Luv when you call the local shows you are a intelligent passionate fan like me. But you are completely wrong on this. The lack of appreciation and loyalty for JB from this fanbase is horrible. JB has been nothing but loyal to the University The Basketball program and the Community since 1962.
Played 3 years as a player, assistant coach 7 years, 45 seasons Head coach, never was part of a losing season. Very foolish people would say that is a coincidence.

Played 3 years as a player, assistant coach 7 years, 45 seasons Head coach, never was part of a losing season. Very foolish people would say that is a coincidence.

Well said. JB stays as long as he wants. I will defend JB to the end. He will never lose my loyalty and appreciation.

Well said. JB stays as long as he wants. I will defend JB to the end. He will never lose my loyalty and appreciation.
Is that part of the reason you won’t call and ask him questions on his radio show?

your career synopsis did leave out NCAA sanctions and probations. let's paint the whole picture.
Those are a badge of honor. Not letting the corrupt NCAA have their way to destroy the program for misdemeanor violations while the blue bloods get away with out right cheating the rules. Look at the FBI spreadsheets, all the big teams and many more, no Syracuse.

You're not actually defending him, though. A lot of us are concerned about his legacy and reputation being tarnished as he languishes. Nobody wants to see that happen to him, and nobody wants to embrace mediocrity, either.

Well, I guess at least one person does.

Those are a badge of honor. Not letting the corrupt NCAA have their way to destroy the program for misdemeanor violations while the blue bloods get away with out right cheating the rules. Look at the FBI spreadsheets, all the big teams and many more, no Syracuse.

Also do people expect JB between being a D1 Basketball Coach at a historic program and a husband and father to be everywhere and know everything 24/7. Can he have dinner with his family watch TV or read a good book before going to bed. Idk what happened who was to blame for the early 90s probation but the last one was a total fraud charges brought by a corrupt NCAA and led by the bitter Oliver Luck and company.

You're not actually defending him, though. A lot of us are concerned about his legacy and reputation being tarnished as he languishes. Nobody wants to see that happen to him, and nobody wants to embrace mediocrity, either.

Well, I guess at least one person does.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. WE LOST TO TOP 10 RANKED VIRGINIA ON THE ROAD. WE JUST BEAT 16TH RANKED VA TECH 2 DAYS EARLIER.

GET A GRIP PEOPLE.

CousCuse & CuseRunner vs. tbone...

raw.cf.gif

Also do people expect JB between being a D1 Basketball Coach at a historic program and a husband and father to be everywhere and know everything 24/7. Can he have dinner with his family watch TV or read a good book before going to bed. Idk what happened who was to blame for the early 90s probation but the last one was a total fraud charges brought by a corrupt NCAA and led by the bitter Oliver Luck and company.

Early 90’s was all Bill Rapp and the local media (newspaper) exposed it, which is partly the reason why Boeheim is so contentious with them.

Once again, you miss the point. First, Jb hasn't always been married while on the job at Syracuse. But besides that ridiculous point you made, he is the Head Coach of a major program. It is part of his job to know what is going on inside his program. Period. Period. On our first probation, there was a lot of stuff that we out and out got away with. Let's leave that be. He was very fortunate he wasn't fired then. You want to be loyal to the end. How about seeing someone beat us when we are actually #16? Or better. Been a while.

Note: Cuserunner died on the way back to his home planet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom