I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

bozophobe

Starter
Been watching Upload (If you have money, you can pay for a service that preserves your consciousness in an artificial "heaven" when you die; but that corporate-funded heaven isn't quite the escape from Earth many hoped for). Think of Black Mirror, but with a vastly more light-hearted approach to the near future (almost Kimmy Schmidt-like). Lots of good gags.

Amazon.

CuseTroop

Polar Bear Hunter
Been watching Upload (If you have money, you can pay for a service that preserves your consciousness in an artificial "heaven" when you die; but that corporate-funded heaven isn't quite the escape from Earth many hoped for). Think of Black Mirror, but with a vastly more light-hearted approach to the near future (almost Kimmy Schmidt-like). Lots of good gags.

Amazon.
That's next on my list after I finish Dave

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Finished ozark. It’s good, not great. Think next season will pick up. Definitely not better than BB or better call saul for me.

OttoinGrotto

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Amazon.
We liked it a lot. It's already been renewed for a second season, too.

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Anyone watch Into The Night on Netflix?
Any good?

Still stuck on like episode 5 of lost in space should I continue it? Convince me...go.
I quit on that show ... tried hard .. but it’s for kids ...

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Anyone watching The plot against America ?
Scary stuff

cuseattle

Hall of Fame
Anyone recommend Homeland? I have been thinking about this show and not sure if it's worth getting into.
I recently binge watched all 8 seasons in 8 days. Unfortunately, Showtime stopped the free trial just before the final episode. Would definitely recommend seasons 1-3.

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Is better call saul season 5 on Amazon prime or do you Have to purchase it still?

Symphony Steve

All Conference
Having just binge-watched Breaking Bad, my wife and I have decided to watch, no not Better Call Saul, but one of the first series to utilize story arcs--Wiseguy. On Amazon Prime, and featuring Jonathan Banks, who played Mike on BB. We think he's Da Bomb.
We've now watched two story arcs on Wiseguy. The first features Ray Starkey as a gangster who needs a friend. The finale of the arc is especially cool. The second features a deliriously over-the top Kevin Spacey as Mel Profitt--one of the most powerful criminals in the world who has major psychological and emotional issues. The show is about an undercover agent (Ken Wahl, actually, his hair is the star), who infiltrates criminal enterprises. His handler is Frank McPike, played by Jonathan Banks, who played Mike on Breaking Bad. His deadpan delivery is always on target. The McPike character has some similarities to Mike, and I have to think that he was cast as Mike at least in part due to his character on Wiseguy.

Both of these arcs are well worth watching. The '80's hair alone is worth a thumbs-up.

BTW, I think that there was more than a little bit of Spacey's messed-up real-life personality in his character. You can't stop watching him even though there's a train wreck a'comin'.

Symphony Steve

All Conference
I've got a good one for you. We just finished watching an 8-episode show on Netflix. Giri/Haji, which means duty/shame in Japanese. It's a crime thriller that takes place both in Japan and London, and focuses on two brothers, one a policeman and one a Yakuza enforcer. At first, the pieces may seem like they don't fit together, but you'll get in stride soon enough.

While there's a lot of bloodshed and suspense, what I loved about the show was an amazing supporting cast who, combined, create a wonderful shaggy dog makeshift family. There are at least three scenes, none of which include the violence, that will stick with you long after the shootouts have faded from memory.

The portayals by Will Sharpe, Aoi Okuyama (her screen debut!), and Kelly Macdonald are, IMO, award-worthy.

It's only an eight-hour investment. Give it a try.

Last edited:

Zelda Zonk

Hollywood Liberal Elite Globalist
I've got a good one for you. We just finished watching an 8-episode show on Netflix. Giri/Haji, which means duty/shame in Japanese. It's a crime thriller that takes place both in Japan and London, and focuses on two brothers, one a policeman and one a Yakuza enforcer. At first, the pieces may seem like they don't fit together, but you'll get in stride soon enough.

While there's a lot of bloodshed and suspense, what I loved about the show was an amazing supporting cast who, combined, create a wonderful shaggy dog makeshift family. There are at least three scenes, none of which include the violence, that will stick with you long after the shootouts have faded from memory.

The portayals by Will Sharpe, Aoi Okuyama (her screen debut!), and Kelly Macdonald are, IMO, award-worthy.

It's only an eight-hour investment. Give it a try.
You said “Kelly Macdonald.” Now I have no choice but to watch.

Briancuse

Living Legend
Just finished rewatching the sopranos for the 3rd time and ozark it's good not as great as people are making it out. I am really enjoying Chernobyl.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Anyone recommend Homeland? I have been thinking about this show and not sure if it's worth getting into.
Season 1 was one of the better seasons of TV IMO. Definitely watch that. I’ve watched through season 6, at this point. There was a time around season 3-4 where I was fading on the show. Season 6 was really good IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom