I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Let me know what you think.
Started it last night, and went through 3+ episodes. It's pretty good. I don't like all the time jumping, and i think they should have done it all in English instead of half and half, but it's pretty well-written. Thanks.

Yeah, 2 was a snooze the first time through. It's gotten better over time, though I still think it suffers from the lack of likable characters on the docks. Ziggy is insufferable, but none of the other guys is really someone I'd root for.

4 is probably the best, but I can't say I like it the best...the subject material is just tough to deal with.
Yeah, i was initially disappointed with Season 2 of The Wire. The change of focus from what i loved in Season 1 was a major letdown. And, yeah—that Ziggy...

Yeah, i was initially disappointed with Season 2 of The Wire. The change of focus from what i loved in Season 1 was a major letdown. And, yeah—that Ziggy...

Does anybody like season 2 ?

I've got a good one for you. We just finished watching an 8-episode show on Netflix. Giri/Haji, which means duty/shame in Japanese. It's a crime thriller that takes place both in Japan and London, and focuses on two brothers, one a policeman and one a Yakuza enforcer. At first, the pieces may seem like they don't fit together, but you'll get in stride soon enough.

While there's a lot of bloodshed and suspense, what I loved about the show was an amazing supporting cast who, combined, create a wonderful shaggy dog makeshift family. There are at least three scenes, none of which include the violence, that will stick with you long after the shootouts have faded from memory.

The portayals by Will Sharpe, Aoi Okuyama (her screen debut!), and Kelly Macdonald are, IMO, award-worthy.

It's only an eight-hour investment. Give it a try.
I finished this on Saturday. Good stuff, very enjoyable, despite some issues/flaws. I liked it so much that i recommended it to a (very critical) friend who likes it after a few episodes.

There’s a thing at the end (won’t ruin it for anyone else) that is so weird that i immediately slapped my head, but then by the end of it I had a couple of tears streaming. That’s a bad sentence, but whatever.

I finished this on Saturday. Good stuff, very enjoyable, despite some issues/flaws. I liked it so much that i recommended it to a (very critical) friend who likes it after a few episodes.

There’s a thing at the end (won’t ruin it for anyone else) that is so weird that i immediately slapped my head, but then by the end of it I had a couple of tears streaming. That’s a bad sentence, but whatever.

I also started watching it based on recommendation here .. almost done ... well worth it just for the smoke show yakuza boss’s daughter

I know. That was an amazing and totally unexpected tableau. The other two scenes that blew me away, and I'll try to stay away from spoilers, were the, um, holiday dinner scene and the father-daughter 'translation' scene in the police station. I loved all three of those scenes, and hadn't previously seen anything like them. Oh, and I also loved the ladies' 'road trip'.

Last edited:
my son has been watching "buddy thunderstruck" on netflix. kid's show but pretty funny, I enjoy it

Anyone else think Billions has about run out of ideas ? This season has been trash

they finally introduced an interesting character for the 1st time since Teddy KGB ...the super shady organ procuring “doctor”

That “artist” dude ? What an uninteresting Deusche bag ...

it’s going the same way as entourage and Silicon Valley

Anyone else think Billions has about run out of ideas ? This season has been trash

they finally introduced an interesting character for the 1st time since Teddy KGB ...the super shady organ procuring “doctor”

That “artist” dude ? What an uninteresting Deusche bag ...

it’s going the same way as entourage and Silicon Valley
I haven’t seen the current season of Billions, but I thought it was too cartoonish in the previous season. The whole thing with Asia Kate Dillon, for example... not so good. I originally liked that character, then not so much.

I had to stop watching Silicon Valley a couple of seasons ago. It used to be more about the personalities, and then they became not so interesting, and it went more into the tediousness of the finance...

Not sure if it’s ironic or not, but I really liked the last season of Succession, which is also about finance, but the personalities and relationships are still the crux and focus.

I haven’t seen the current season of Billions, but I thought it was too cartoonish in the previous season. The whole thing with Asia Kate Dillon, for example... not so good. I originally liked that character, then not so much.

I had to stop watching Silicon Valley a couple of seasons ago. It used to be more about the personalities, and then they became not so interesting, and it went more into the tediousness of the finance...

Not sure if it’s ironic or not, but I really liked the last season of Succession, which is also about finance, but the personalities and relationships are still the crux and focus.

you’re in for looney tunes if you thought it was cartoonish before ... it’s bordering hate watch status for me now

Ugh completely checked out of British stuff. I seriously can’t understand a word they’re saying
Have to watch it really loud.

One we watch has some Welsh accents, nearly impossible to follow. And the episodes are basically movies. Like an hour and a half minimum. Hinterland. I like it, but the wife falls asleep halfway through every time.

Thanks to my kids, I watch everything with closed captioning now, so that helps.
We do closed captioning on one tv. Not intentionally, but it showed up one day and we like it so we haven't taken it off. Definitely helps with the accents. However some channels have a long delay with the captions but not all. It's weird.